'Why are women too scared to poo?' blog discussion

edited 10 February 2010 at 5:34PM in Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News
240 replies 48K views

Replies

• BritRaelBritRael Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    chriswatts wrote: »
    Apparently with some homosexual men who have sex in public toilets there's a custom called brown paper bagging, where one man stands in the brown paper bag so if security come around and look under the door all they see is one pair of feet and a brown paper bag....

hmmm....'apparently' aye Chris?? ;)

You seem very knowledgeable on the subject....:rotfl::rotfl:
    Marching On Together

I've upped my standards...so up yours! :)
  • level200level200 Forumite
    278 Posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    When i first read this blog i thought it was a joke

Women, not doing a number 2 at work........ get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • level200level200 Forumite
    278 Posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Hehe reminds me of one time in the cubicle when some one came in the cubicle next to mine. I had a wicked moment and pulled out my iphone that had a fart sound app installed on it, i turned the volume on full and pressed every fart noise for the next 2 minutes. Got a few funny looks when i left the loo lol
  • DJ_MikeDJ_Mike Forumite
    246 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Geez, I never even knew this sort of culture existed till now.

Without meaning to be blunt, I've never given a darn in the slightest about when I go - I go when I need to. Most of the time it's not that smelly, either (suppose it depends what you've eaten and what your body is doing) - on the odd occasion it is, an early flush while you're still on the loo helps clear it away quickly (don't just leave it till after you've 'finished up').

And I've never cared in the slightest about noises - just a part of life, really. :) Much as my OH chastises me for being so 'vocal' about it.

For women I realise that farts and other bodily noises are deemed un-sexy - even a stomach growl. Maybe we finally need to get over all this stigma about it?
  • skintmumof3skintmumof3 Forumite
    803 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    who wants to leave an `orrible smell behind...uurrgghh......................
    always wait til i get home.........
    i am a laydee you know:D:D:D
  • 23rdspiral23rdspiral Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    well, i'm female and quite regular, so if i have to be at work early, i go there. it's quite nice to be paid to poo!
    Relax, Breathe, Love 2014 Challenges:Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger 23. Frugal Living Challenger. No buying cleaning products. I used MSE advice to reduce my car insurance from 550 to 325!! & paid it off in full!!!
  • edited 11 February 2010 at 12:05PM
    annered22annered22 Forumite
    13 Posts
    edited 11 February 2010 at 12:05PM
    It's the sheer embarrassment of it all! I NEVER go anywhere but my own toilet, once I was caught out at a nightclub, with terrible cramps, I had no choice and as it was pretty smelly, everyone who came into that toilet was commenting on the smell! I sat in that toilet for at least half an hour with the door closed waiting for everyone to go away, I have to say it was one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to me! (and has made me even more manic about it )
  • brettctabrettcta Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    laying a cable at work is the best time to do it - paid to poo. i sometimes save them up especially for work! clock in, speak to my manager and then sneak back upstairs to give birth.

to avoid any embarrasing noises, whilst you're making yourself a paper throne (to avoid sitting on anyone elses germs, throw a little extra paper into the bowl to act as a splash mat. this makes not a single noise.

stealthy shitting.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • since i became pregnant and after the birth when i need to go, i need to go, and have a time frame of about 5 mins to get to a loo. i used to be funny about it but i don't care anymore.

btw there is a very similar article in this months Vogue called Poo. The last taboo. Its all about how everyone poos but everyones to embarrassed to say they do. Highly recommended toilet reading.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid pass scam robbed grandfather of £25k

He got his money back after MSE intervened

MSE News

20,000 FREE Ideal Home Show tickets

For London, Fri 11 Mar to Sun 27 Mar

MSE Deals