'Why are women too scared to poo?' blog discussion

edited 10 February 2010 at 5:34PM in Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News
240 replies 48K views

Replies

• My DH believes after 8 years that women don't poo. For some reason, whether I am stuck in one Freud's psycosexual stages, I am very sneaky when I go and wait until Mr Always is out of the house, mad isn't it. I don't know whether I am being ladylike or a complete psycho :D

I used to be like this when me and my OH first moved in, or when he would come and stay with me for a few days before that. The bedroom was right next to the bathroom, and his desk was right next to the ajoining wall. I realised that we were going to be living together for many many years (hopefully), and trying to be sneaky was going to be impossible for all of that time! So now I just tell myself that the bathroom has some sort of magical soundproofing to make myself feel less embarassed.
    Didn't Gino DiCampo say that he would hate to ever hear his wife fart in front of him. Things must be difficult for her then, if she isn't even allowed to fart near him. She'd farted twice near him or something since they'd been together. I think I#d rather tolerate someone fart in front of me than guzzle a big rat. Bleeeuch.

I have never audibly farted in front of my OH, and we've been together for about 2 and a half years (apart from when I was asleep and couldn't help it, but even that is totally cringeworthy!) I either just hold it in until he goes to the bathroom or is out of the room, or do it so he can't hear. I wouldn't feel very classy letting it out then going 'oof, that was a good one!' like men seem to!
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor
    Taste The Rainbow :heartsmil
  • I have never audibly farted in front of my OH, and we've been together for about 2 and a half years (apart from when I was asleep and couldn't help it, but even that is totally cringeworthy!) I either just hold it in until he goes to the bathroom or is out of the room, or do it so he can't hear. I wouldn't feel very classy letting it out then going 'oof, that was a good one!' like men seem to!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My partner would just laugh if I did it, he's extremely down to earth, but I'd still be embarrassed.

I did it in my sleep once (or twice, or...), and it woke me up! He was still awake...thankfully, he was too much of a gent to comment, knowing how embarrassed I'd be, but I did hear him giggling very quietly to himself :rotfl:
    £1 / 50p 2011 holiday flight + hotel expenses = £98.50600

HSBC 8% 12mth regular savings = £80 out of a maximum remaining allowance of £2500

"3 months' salary" reserve = £00 / £3600 :eek:
  • They should convert all toilets to something like this, make going a fun experience

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-4520.aspx

wouldn't it be great if you got clubcard points everytime you went. :rotfl:
  • why is it men take reading material into the bathroom with them personally i want to get it over and done with and get out of there :)
  • Liz3yyLiz3yy Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    How bizarre! I can often go 3-4 times a day depending on what I've been eating and how stressed I am. I'm certainly not afraid to go at work, after all I'd be feeling rather crap, pardon the pun, if I didn't!
    They have the internet on computers now?! - Homer Simpson

It's always better to be late in this life, than early in the next
  • Liz3yyLiz3yy Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My partner would just laugh if I did it, he's extremely down to earth, but I'd still be embarrassed.

I did it in my sleep once (or twice, or...), and it woke me up! He was still awake...thankfully, he was too much of a gent to comment, knowing how embarrassed I'd be, but I did hear him giggling very quietly to himself :rotfl:

LOL, I was mortified the first time I farted in front of my OH. Now though after almost 5 years together we have farting contests most nights!
    They have the internet on computers now?! - Homer Simpson

It's always better to be late in this life, than early in the next
  • cherry1000 wrote: »
    why is it men take reading material into the bathroom with them personally i want to get it over and done with and get out of there :)

I'm not a man and I read on the loo - in fact, I have even put a magazine rack in there! :o
  • pimentopimento Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Presumably, this would be out of the question too then?

http://blog.thetechnonaut.com/?p=188

I'm a woman and can 'go' anywhere.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • Apparently with some homosexual men who have sex in public toilets there's a custom called brown paper bagging, where one man stands in the brown paper bag so if security come around and look under the door all they see is one pair of feet and a brown paper bag.

Now to overcome this what they've done in the USA in some areas is reduced the height of the toilet door to about head level. So not only is all noises more louder, you can see the people who's made them. Just be thankful ladies they don't do this in your toilets!
  • Seriously though, why are poo noises worse than wee noises?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides