'Why are women too scared to poo?' blog discussion

edited 10 February 2010 at 5:34PM in Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News
240 replies 48K views

Replies

• thecornflakethecornflake Forumite
    335 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I can't poo if there's someone else in the toilets because I think the noise is embarrassing. And I can't use urinals to pee, I have to go in a cubicle, like someone mentioned earlier it's related to toilets at school when people would puch you while you were going so it ended up all over your trousers. I generally hate seeing someone I know in the toilets, I think I just can't handle bein gin there and having to communicate with someone I know at the same time? I didn't know it was mainly a female thing though.

Funny poo-related story - My brother-in-law up until recently (in his twenties) thought that sewage rates were based on how many poos you did at home so he always went at work (not sure how he thought they measured them??!??!)
  • Mrs_Boo_BooMrs_Boo_Boo Forumite
    543 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Oh my God I feel really weird cos it doesn't bother me at all. If you've got to go you've got to go. I do like to spray though or open a window and make it better for others rather than my husband who likes to share it all so the smell permeates throughout the house. Having worked in hospitals and dealt with all that stuff its no big deal. On the subject of farting I can beat most people and dispelled the myth that girls don't to my husband (sweet catholic boy). My mate is also a girl who farts and boasts about it. Even her mum has been known to inform us she was 'firing on all cylinders'.Get over it and break free from the Victorian tyranny. better out than in I say.
  • All the men I know say they try to save it up to poo at work, beause that way you're getting paid to take a dump! :eek::eek: Whereas at home you're doing it on 'your own time' :rotfl: I can kind of see their point, but I would still never go at work unless I absolutely had to!
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor
    Taste The Rainbow :heartsmil
  • teakbank12teakbank12 Forumite
    35 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Another Crohn's sufferer who doesn't have the luxury of choosing where or when to go..it's a case of will i reach the cubicle in time :(
    No one likes talking bowels do they, but it's a natural bodily function.
  • rlprlp Forumite
    12 Posts
    I have no problem with most poo related noises but the Tesco tannoy saying "will the pharmacist please return to the pharmacy" because they thought I had taken too long doing my poo and must be shopping was just a bit over the top!
  • krazykidskatekrazykidskate Forumite
    2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    This is all so true, for me it was definately the worst thing about the workplace. I mean if there was a colleague in the toilets at the same time as you they would probably chat to you as you had a wee and maybe wait around to talk whilst you washed your hands and walked back to desks together. Having a poo or saying 'Don't wait for me, i might be sometime' just wasn't an option.

One place i worked just had the one door between the toilet and the rest of the building (like a disabled toilet) and there was a photocopier just outside where guys usually stood chatting.

I have no problem going at home if OH is around.

I think Martin has hit on an important issue.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    [/FONT]
  • Smiley_MumSmiley_Mum Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh please, can you find it:eek::rotfl::T

Sorry to disappoint, it's probably been deleted.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Maria81Maria81 Forumite
    173 Posts
    I have a public toilet 'thing' anyway ha-ha. I hate using them as have been in some really bad ones and hate smelling things and worse when they don't get cleaned a lot.... ugh. I really don't like touching anything, even the door handle, flush and definitely not the seat. It sends shivers through me just thinking about it. So no I wouldn't do anything more than a No 1 unless the need was really really desperate :o ha.
    Everybody Wants To be Happy.......Nobody Wants Any pain......But You Can't Have a Rainbow........Without Any Rain !!
    ♥ ...................♥................... ♥ :wave: ♥................... ♥.................... ♥
    I refuse to believe the sky is the limit........ When there are footsteps on the moon.
  • krazykidskatekrazykidskate Forumite
    2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't used to bother one of my colleagues, she'd quite happily go at work. And she was a vegetarian with digestive issues. And she never checked the pan afterwards ..... yeuch.

This is why there is such a stigma. Can you imagine a man remembering an ex colleague just because they were quite happy to go at work?
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    [/FONT]
  • I hate hate hate doing a poo at work. I will put up with belly ache all day but it does make me need to trump more which can be even more embarassing! I wont even sit down for a wee and have to hover over the loo as I dont want to touch the toilet seat eurgh.

I agree with silverbird too I always walk out of a loo with skidders down the back I dont want anyone thinking it was me either!!

I wish I didnt care so much - most blokes I know couldnt care less so why do us women go to so much trouble to not do poos in public loos?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides