'Why are women too scared to poo?' blog discussion

edited 10 February 2010 at 5:34PM in Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News
240 replies 48K views
1181920212224»

Replies

• oldtractoroldtractor Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am crying and screaming with laughter. Beyond brilliant this thread is:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • edited 13 December 2011 at 10:55PM
    piercedprincesspiercedprincess Forumite
    57 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 13 December 2011 at 10:55PM
    I can't go at all (number one, 2 or otherwise) if it's somewhere I'm not comfortable yet. It took me staying at my boyfriend's house 12 times before I could pee at his house but I can only ever go if there's no-one on the same floor of the house as me. This caused numerous problems when I was pregnant! It's nothing to do with sounds or smells or anything else, I'm just crazy :rotfl:

I also can't throw up in a place I'm not used to either.
    2020 wins: Unusable return flight vouchers (3 month validity, mid-Corona)
    £100 flight vouchers (longer validity, hopefully post-Corona)
    £50 hamper voucher (which will get you a LOT of fudge)
  • HurdlerHurdler Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    I remember once walking into the ladies in my old place of work... into the middle of two women having a furious row over which of them had dropped a bomb in one of the two lavs.

I was just in absolute fits in the (non-contaminated) cubicle ....

Mortgage @ March 2008: £194,965 ; Lightbulb Moment: July 2011: £164,926; End Date: March 2033

MORTGAGE FREE: September 2015
    MSE 1p Savings Challenge 2022 #2: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec = £0/£667.95
  • Supposedly Kenneth Williams the comedy actor wouldn't let anyone use his bog at his flat, not even his own mum, who he made walk about 15 minutes to go and use the one in the railway station when she visited.

Hmm. Carry on excreta, but not anywhere near me.
  • esuhlesuhl Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also can't throw up in a place I'm not used to either.

What?! Isn't vomiting an involuntary process?! I mean... if you can inhibit your urge to vomit when you're somewhere "you're not used to", wouldn't you also inhibit it in familiar surroundings?
  • londonTigerlondonTiger
    4.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    as guys we complain about the irrational things women do, like:

getting changed in private even though they've spent the whole night naked in bed with us
    telling us off for picking out nose, farting etc in public
    being anal about body hair and spending 3-4 hours a week getting rid of body hair.

But lets be honest, if women didn't do any of that^^ it would be a major turn off right?
  • Little_bit_dizzyLittle_bit_dizzy Forumite
    630 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions...
  • themadvixthemadvix Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Picolax those who've had a colonoscopy were talking about earlier?... http://singletrackworld.com/2009/02/the-picolax-thread-returns/ Warning.... don't read this at work if you want your boss to think you are actually doing any work!

Great thread!

Vicky
  • Sox77Sox77 Forumite
    100 Posts
    I used to be really prim and even found peeing in public toilets mortifying, so much so I'd wait and wait and hope everyone else left... now I have children that's all gone and I'll do what I need to when I need to, although I don't like using public toilets still (more because they're often a bit yuck) so would rather be at home.
    MFiT member #51 0/£77,765
    'Save 12k in 2016' #49 £100/£1200

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful"
  • JDPowerJDPower Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    themadvix wrote: »
    The Picolax those who've had a colonoscopy were talking about earlier?... http://singletrackworld.com/2009/02/the-picolax-thread-returns/ Warning.... don't read this at work if you want your boss to think you are actually doing any work!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBMsPNI6EZE ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides