Miscarriage support

Options

Comments

• Courgette
    Courgette Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh God, I'm so sorry. I meant to leave my signature off. I'm so so sorry if anyone thinks I'm being insensitive, it was a mistake. I'm so sorry
    A reminder to myself: Persistence Pays Off ;):D :idea: :rotfl:
    Mortgage 1: [STRIKE]£95,000[/STRIKE] £78,900 at 3.1%
    Mortgage 2 (BTL): £83, 489.15 at 2.99% (I.O.)
    Savings (S&S ISA): £3000 Plus 6 months emergency savings earning 3%
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    Courgette don't worry..the last thing you ever are is insensitive.

I know you are right, I'm sure bean wouldn't have had any quality of life. The dr said that she had thought at my 1st scan that it didn't look quite right, but had decided to just wait and see what happened.

She said something about the yolk sac not being the right size for the fetus or something...I was in too much anguish to hear what she was saying.

I just want to be preg again..but I dont even know when I can start trying again. I'm back for another scan again in 10 days for them to check that everything has gone. I don't really want a d&c so I'm hoping it'll naturally sort itself out.

The bleeding has certainly lessened so far since I passed the clot on Weds, so maybe that was the bulk of it.

I guess I need to wait for one period to come and go? I dont want to put my body under too much stress, but I do want to get preg again asap.
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • tinkwings
    tinkwings Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    Options
    I soooooooooo miss my bean to I miss the boxes from the top of my wardrobe with Baby stuff in them My mum brother & DD put all the bean bits in the loft inculding books etc they forgot my Maternity wardrobe though it makes me sad to open the door to that part of my wardrobe and know that I won't be waering those things.

I have had hardly any bleeding at all since my op????

I really want to try again and be PG again NOW.....but I also am scared to death that this will happen again. I guess in life no of us get a garantee in anything. We just have to hope & pray x
    If you can think it........it will happen
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    Tinks I am sure that you will get preg again and you will carry to term and have a healthy baby. You have to be positive. Miscarriage is SO common...1 in 5 my dr said. You only have to read the threads on here to see that the majority of the women who post have suffered a MC.

Nature is brutal, but as my mother said rightly to me, imagine if you had carried on until your 12 week scan and been given the devestating news that your baby had some awful defect...I think in a way losting a baby early on is kinder than dragging it through development even if it really isn't right.

We'll get there hun..we have to keep strong xxx
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    MV - already having kids i consolled myself over the mc with knowing if i had gone to term with a child that had severe physical and health problems i would not be able to cope emotionally myself and be in the best form for the other kids i already have. SO my body is waiting for the perfect bean to come along and however long it takes ill wait.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    Yes..it is a horrible, horrible thing to happen, but nature knows what is best in a lot of cases.

I doesn't stop it hurting, but it is kind of helping me come to terms with things a bit.

How long would you say I need to wait to try again?
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    I was told not bd'ing while bleeding, no unprotected bd'ing till after first AF. So depends how long it takes your cycle to show, it can be anything upto 8 weeks for first af. BUT we were told to dtd for lust and love purposes before using your body as an incubator so your are mentally prepared and emotionally settled.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • elliebobs
    elliebobs Posts: 453 Forumite
    Options
    am soo sorry Tinkwings to hear your news today. It was v similar to my circumstances; I felt that something wasn't quite right despite never having been PG before. It still came as a massive shock to me though when my worst fears were realised.

As others have said, it does get easier and I promise you that you will start to come to terms with your grief in time. Don't rush yourself though, everyone is different and there is no right or wrong way to behave. Just look after yourself, and your OH.

MV; the same applies to you aswell.

Re TTC after a M/C; As stef has said. The medical profession would rather you go through 2 or 3 cycles so that your body has a chance to recover fully. However my friend, who is 42, was told to start straightaway as they were conscious that her age could be a barrier to conceiving in any event.

Courgette; no one could possibly think that you are insensitive; you're too lovely for that!
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    I feel at the moment like I'll never have a baby of my own.

It was in my grasp 2 days ago and now it feels like it will never happen.

Sorry..on a massive downer this evening.
  • billybobberyl
    Options
    hugs to mv cant give any sensible comments as am upset just reading this! but can hug x
    SAHM getting organised 2010.
    baby BBB due 18/10/10:j Fern born 10/10/10:eek: on holiday in a caravan!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure