Miscarriage support

Options

Comments

• portsmouthali
    Options
    Hi Tinkwings, so sorry you've had such a rough time. Give yourself time & space to grieve, and come on here to rant/cry if you need to, or just chat xxx

Penny, I agree with you - I've never been through anything so horrific in my life either. I've got to take a pregnancy test next week too, then if that one is still postive, another one a week later. If that's still positive I've got to let the EPU know.

QQuaver, your post was very moving. I'm kind of glad there was nothing to see on my scans (that sounds awful! but you know what I mean) as I really feel for the likes of you, MV, and Merfe who got to see a heartbeat but then it still went wrong. How cruel :(.
  • piratefairy
    piratefairy Posts: 4,342 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread, ali. I feel like I don't have much to add, ours, last summer, was certainly not planned, very early stages, and all happened very quickly but was still a hideous experience which took an awful lot of time for me to get over and I feel for anyone who has been in the situation. It can take a lot more time than some people seem to realise for the emotional upheaval to be over and it's really great to have this support, as in my situation I didn't have anyone to turn to, and in the end it was the cause of the demise of an otherwise solid relationship :(
  • tinkwings
    tinkwings Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    Options
    I am so trying to keep busy. But get upset at the most stupid things. I have just broke my favourite lilly vase & cut me hand now feel totally drained x
    If you can think it........it will happen
  • portsmouthali
    Options
    Sorry to hear that piratefairy :( hope you're ok now xxx
  • Leopardlady
    Leopardlady Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for the poem, it made me cry, i think OH will love it. He has got more support this time round, but had none the first time and luckily i got him to talk to me and we got through it. This time we are stronger.

On the drinking front, i have started drinking again as the doc said there was no problem, and i am planning on having some fun and see what life brings us :)

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through piratefairy and twinkings. You are in my thoughts.

Take care ladies and i hope this weekend is good one for you all :)
    Leopardlady
    Got married on the 26th April 08!!!!!!!:j:T

Bumpy Bean was due 20th Nov 2010, born 15th Nov :j:j:T
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    Poor Tinks :(..try to be kind to yourself hon.

I just got home from a nice day out with OH to a massive bouquet of flowers sent to me from my 2 managers and HR director to say sorry...set me off again bawling my eyes out.

I miss my bean being inside me so much. I keep thinking that I was meant to keep it safe and I didn't. :(

I was saying to my mum that the fact I had to fish what was probably it out of the toilet is the worst thing ever.

Tinks I want to start trying again asap too but I'm terrified too of going theough this again. It has been so emotionally painful and draining.
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • MERFE
    MERFE Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MV and Tinks massive hugs xxx remember it is very unlikely that you would have to go through it again and will most likely go on to have a healthy baby just take the time now to get over this first. Every miscarriage is upsetting but a subsequent one is not so shocking, i found I was most distraught the first time as I was just so shocked and it was very painful. I'm starting to get angry that it keeps happening and more jealous this time than ever before, and still sad, I want my baby. I cant jump straight back into trying as I need to find out why its happening but I would if I could.
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    I miss my baby :(:(:(
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • beckyandjack
    Options
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((mv)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • Courgette
    Courgette Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I miss my bean being inside me so much. I keep thinking that I was meant to keep it safe and I didn't. :(

No one on Earth could have done that; if nature decides it's not gonna happen no amount of praying, loving your husband, wanting it badly will help. Doesn't matter how long you took to conceive or what it means to you and it certainly is not a reflection on you or your abilities. You have given it the best possible home you could but in the end there was no way nature could allow it to be born. Please do not blame yourself

I was saying to my mum that the fact I had to fish what was probably it out of the toilet is the worst thing ever.

This is exactly what happened with me, including fishing the sac out of the loo. It broke my heart that something so precious ended in such a demeaning way

Tinks I want to start trying again asap too but I'm terrified too of going theough this again. It has been so emotionally painful and draining.

I'm so sorry this has been the end result. It's completely normal to grieve, to have massive mood swings, to feel guilty, to be so consumed by your desire to conceive again but terrified every time your husband comes near you.

You will feel better, I promise. I miss my bean too and I do keep thinking from time to time that I should be about to go on maternity leave. Thinking about that time still makes me cry even though I'm now pg again. The thing my mw told me, and I don't mean to offend anyone with this, that bean had catastrophic disabilities and wouldn't have had any quality of life even if I'd carried to term.

Have been thinking about you lots, look after yourself

xxxx
    A reminder to myself: Persistence Pays Off ;):D :idea: :rotfl:
    Mortgage 1: [STRIKE]£95,000[/STRIKE] £78,900 at 3.1%
    Mortgage 2 (BTL): £83, 489.15 at 2.99% (I.O.)
    Savings (S&S ISA): £3000 Plus 6 months emergency savings earning 3%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport