Miscarriage support

Options
Hi all,

I have had 2 miscarriages in the last 3 months. I know many of the lovely ladies on the trying to conceive and pregnancy threads, but seeing as I don't fall into either category at the moment :o I thought I'd start a new thread for anyone who is going through this or has done so in the past and would like to share their experiences.

Going to make a start on dinner now but will be back later on this evening.

Ali xx

Comments

• stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Ali what a wonderful idea and it saves putting unnecessary pressure on those in the under 12 weeks catagory as i know a few of the newbies have been put off (with the what may seem to some too many) mc's of late.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • ManOnTheMoon
    ManOnTheMoon Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing that I can add to the thread as a whole, but just wanted to send my sympathies to Ali for a horrible 3 months she has endured.
  • Leopardlady
    Leopardlady Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Ali,

This is a great thread idea. I am just recovering from my 2nd miscarriage and although i have found wonderful support on the TTC and 12mth ttc thread, sometimes there are things that you would only want to say to those who have been there. Loads of us on here have been through it once, twice and a number have had multiple m/c. I am not sure how open some will be to talking about it, but i certainly will :)

My first m/c was at around 8 weeks last April and we had been trying for a year at that point, but the m/c was natural and i didn't go to hospital or anything like that.

The second and very recent m/c didn't show at all, and me and OH went to have our dating scan at exactly 12 weeks and were told that the baby had stopped growing at around 10 weeks. So i had an EPRC just over two weeks ago and have finally stopped bleeding. OH and i are keen to get back to trying and are being as positive as possible about it not happening again.

As i say, thank you very much for this and i hope it can be used to help those who are struggling with a very sad and hard event in their lives.

Take care :)
    Leopardlady
    Got married on the 26th April 08!!!!!!!:j:T

Bumpy Bean was due 20th Nov 2010, born 15th Nov :j:j:T
  • elliebobs
    elliebobs Posts: 453 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2010 at 6:58PM
    Options
    Thank you MOTM for your kind words.

I too am a regular poster on the TTC thread and suffered a M/C in December so am in limbo here really as not ready to TTC just yet so can't post there and also don't want to bring the thread down for the newbies.

Experience wise...It was our first experience at PG and I thought all was well until I went for a scan at 8 weeks to be told that no heartbeat was present and all growth had stopped at the 5/6 week mark. We/I opted for medical management as I wanted to avoid surgery however it was not effective so ended up having surgery anyway which was effective. However, this meant that the entire process took around 8 long long weeks.

Devastated isn't the word to describe that moment but...it really does get easier although I still have bad days.

Luckily, my EPU and my super lovely OH were absolutely fantastic which I'm sure helped the healing process.

LL; I'm so sorry, I didn't realise you had M/C. x
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options
    a lovely thread to start up.

all my sympathies to all who have had mcs
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had my first miscarriage in very similar circumstances to you Elliebobs and I can still remember that absolute devastation I felt.
    That was over 24 yrs ago. I went on to have four children. I had my DD and DS and then a further miscarriage then another DS followed a couple of years later by another miscarriage and finally another beautiful DS.
    We always wanted a large family and eventually managed it but not without a lot of heartache in between. Just wanted to send my best wishes x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    Well done Ali..this threat is a terrific idea and I'm sure all the ladies here can share their experiences and support each other through this awful time.

Thank you to all who have left messages for me and PM'd..you're all amazing and we WILL get to where we want to be.

XXXXX
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    tut..for 'threat' read 'thread'!!

Fingers going faster than brain today! :o
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • Mokeyjen
    Mokeyjen Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello...

Big hugs to everyone who has had to go through this... I have no idea how you must be feeling... But I know it is awful and my thoughts are with you all.

I myself haven't had a MC but a close friend of mine has recently and I was just wondering if you could give me some advice...

I really want to try and buy her something to show that I care and that I am here for her... Any ideas (am on a budget so nothing too expensiv if possible)

Sorry if this is insensitive or if you think this is a bad idea... All comments are welcome.

Thanks
    Jen

xxx
    :D I love comping! Just waiting for the call from ITV! :D

:j Best win so far... iPad 3, £500 & KitchenAid Mixer :j
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Mokeyjen wrote: »
    Hello...

Big hugs to everyone who has had to go through this... I have no idea how you must be feeling... But I know it is awful and my thoughts are with you all.

I myself haven't had a MC but a close friend of mine has recently and I was just wondering if you could give me some advice...

I really want to try and buy her something to show that I care and that I am here for her... Any ideas (am on a budget so nothing too expensiv if possible)

Sorry if this is insensitive or if you think this is a bad idea... All comments are welcome.

Thanks
    Jen

xxx

Think i would enjoy something along the pampering lines, such as a few toiletries and a book possibly candles?? After everything has gone on you need to take time out of the day for you - it is hard to wallow with your thoughts but if you have a nice book to enjoy while soaking in the tub possibly in candle light if you have decent eyes it could be quite nice.

If they have a child/ren offer your services for baby sitting while your friend and parnter go out and have me time.

If it is still fairly recent and she should be resting could you offer to help with house work even the horriblist jobs like ironing can help out no end.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure