Miscarriage support

Options

Comments

• portsmouthali
    portsmouthali Posts: 578 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2010 at 10:58PM
    Options
    skintchick wrote: »
    I started a thread like this a while ago but it was locked. Can;t remember why. might see if I can find it so it can be added in here.

I did a search before I started this one, but couldn't find anything. Maybe I didn't go back far enough?

Edit: I definitely didn't go back far enough! Thanks for that Skinty, will have a read through xx
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    wow Lauren you've been through loads.

I just showed that poem to OH...bless him his eyes welled up
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • lauren_1
    lauren_1 Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 January 2010 at 11:06PM
    Options
    the first one was unexplained, maybe too soon after i had my dd.
    The second was PROM (premature repture of membranes) was just to early as i was 23+1.
    The third was 15 weeks i had a placental abruption, plus it was covering my cervix. < sorry should add partially! they're not that big at 15 weeks, possibly would of it had gone to term

The earliest one was 3 days after i got a BFP, still sinking in...well actually it didnt get a chance.

And here we are today, off for a scan in the morning after a massive bleed, had a early one last week and saw it fluttering away, i just hope thats not the last time im going to see it.

Time is a healer though, i keep the miniature baby grows, the scans, the pee sticks, the hospital bands...every tiny bit of them in a box under my bed, even the pee stick from the earliest loss, just gives me comfort.
  • moemum
    moemum Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Portsmouthali, like almost every poster before me I am so very sorry that this devastation has happened to you both:(
    I had 4 normal pregnancies and and healthy babies..then I miscarried, for no apparent reason, took a while to get my head round it and come to terms with my grief and loss.
    3 years later we had a baby girl, no problems at all, 3 years later another girl, everything went fine, 2years later I had a MMC, I didn't even know this could happen..8week checkup was ok..12 wk scan they couldn't find any heartbeat, words cannot describe how I felt, my dh had to make the decisions,tell family etc,after two years we decided to try again and after a normal pregnancy we got another girl! (I do have a son!). Then 3 years later another MMC and we decided that was enough.
    Never give up, when you and your OH are ready try again but give yourselves time. My miscarriages were never explained, I still find it upsetting thinking about them and the 1st was 20 years ago, but with my DH and families support I have accepted what happened, we all have:)

Wishing you both
    All the luck in the world
    Moemum
  • portsmouthali
    Options
    Lauren, let us know how the scan goes tomorrow xx

Thanks Moemum xx when I had my last m/c my mum spoke to me for the first time about her m/c, she got quite upset even though it was before I was born so must have been about 40 years ago :eek: just goes to show you never forget xxx
  • lauren_1
    lauren_1 Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lauren, let us know how the scan goes tomorrow xx

Thanks Moemum xx when I had my last m/c my mum spoke to me for the first time about her m/c, she got quite upset even though it was before I was born so must have been about 40 years ago :eek: just goes to show you never forget xxx

I will do, My mum lost my brother at 30 weeks circa 24 years ago and she only spoke to me once about it after i lost my son (23 weeker), i dont really talk about it really...well up too easily, now i know why she never used to talk either.
  • portsmouthali
    Options
    Thanks for all your contributions, it's so sad reading all your stories but it gives me comfort to know that you know how I'm feeling. Hope it brings comfort to others too.
  • tinkwings
    tinkwings Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

So After a private scan on Sunday we found out that our bean had died at 6/7 weeks and I should have been 9 w. We came home devastated and I saw my GP & Mid wife on Monday was sent for a NHS scan on Tuesday was in Hospital for an ERPC on wednesday the op went well but I had a reaction to the drugs and was in recovery for over 4 hours as I had to be knocked out again. Very Scary.

Today is my first day Home Alone I am trying to keep busy sorting out our Blessing bits but my mind keeps coming back to how angry & sad I am that no one listened to me that I stopped feeling PG. It felt like I was being pushed away & made to feel stupid and was told that I was lucky that my Symptons had stopped. I knew there was something wrong & I am angry that we had to pay £100 for a private scan to be told that the bean had passed away. I had no Bleeding or Pain and was still getting a + PG test. My body was holding on. I was told it is called a Missed Mis carriage when you body still continues to think you are PG and the hormones continue.

I am desperate to get a BFP again but it is also the one thing that scares me most in the world.

x
    If you can think it........it will happen
  • Penny35_2
    Penny35_2 Posts: 455 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All -

This thread is a good idea. I started my mc on New years Eve and am still bleeding now...it has been quite heavy the last 5 day so I am hoping it is coming to an end. Dont a pg test yesterday cheepie is now -ve but clear blue is still +ve. I can honestly say this is the most harrowing thing I have ever expereinced.
  • QQuaver
    QQuaver Posts: 8,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Dr I saw today who did my first scan at 7 weeks said that she had thought it 'didn't look quite right' then, but hadn't said anything as there was a heartbeat and she didn't want to completely freak me out. I'm glad she didn't..it would have been even worse than it's been.
    Mine was similar at 9 weeks, but the doc did say there seems to be something wrong with the heart - it was enlarged.

Baby's heart stopped at 10 weeks, it is probably when I had a really strong cramp. I thought I was dying. Obviously it was not me, but the baby dying. I often wonder if that is what the baby felt when it died:(

I found out the following week at 11 week scan. It was a missed miscarriage and I had ERPC 3 days before my birthday.
    OH bought me a really expensive Cartier watch for my birthday. It reminds me of the baby:A
    my dh was very hurt that no one seemed to think of him, just me. I understood how he felt and a few weeks after our mc I got him a nice blank card as I had found this poem to write in it:
    A Father's Grief

It must be very difficult
    To be a man in grief,
    Since "men don't cry"
    and "men are strong"
    No tears can bring relief.
    This has brought tears to my eyes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing