🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Miscarriage support

Options

Comments

• Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    Hi Rik - thanks for sharing your experiences. It does help and it makes you realise how many people suffer this terrible loss. I know that I am going to be a nervous wreck next time around too and can relate to what you say about almost waiting for it to happen again.

My worst time is definitely the mornings, and I battle with myself as to whether I should be getting up and doing something, or just moping about. I'm tired constantly but find sleep evades me.

I look awful too. Really pale and spotty and horrid. I'm going to dye my hair today as the roots look terrible and book myself in for a haircut tomorrow I think. Maybe a bit of pampering will help.

I'm worried as to how I'll fill my time whilst OH is at work. The week I was off with all the bleeding I actually wanted to lie around and rest as I thought I was doing the right thing for the baby. This time there is no baby anymore so sitting about at home seems horrendous.

Thanks as well Retro for your kind words.

I hope to be back on the TTC thread again soon, and also hope with all my heart that all the brave ladies who are having a horrible time get the baby they so deserve.
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    thanks everyone for your kind words.. Im having quite a tough time at the minute, my anxiety is absolutely terrible but I'm suffering in silence a bit - I dont want OH seeing how bad I'm feeling, I'm supposed to be his carer and sometimes I feel frightened to let my feelings show for fear of worrying him if you see what I mean...

MV, the problem is down to my PCOS. However, the problem is that the doctors are scratching their heads as to what to do with me as everything they've tried I've had horrific reactions to. Unfortunately it was due to gross medical negligence that I ended up in the state I am so I think they're a bit wary of trying anything new. I've pleaded with them to do something to stop me miscarrying but I think now its going to be more like making OH sleep on the sofa!!!

portsmouth ali - thank you... everyone I know has said the same thing. I thought I was blase after 2 as well... but my third was the worst, it was extremely traumatic and I think i just started to feel numb after that one.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • tinkwings
    tinkwings Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    Options
    Morning ladies

Thank you for sharing your stories & your love.

So here we are Monday morning a week on from last monday when the reality of bean passing was becoming clearer. I feel very numb My house is FULL of flowers but I don't want them.

I was planning on having a long walk this morning but I woke up at 4am bleeding when I haven't been bleeding at all for the last 3 days in fact had hardly any blood loss at all since op.

So it is another day home alone.
    If you can think it........it will happen
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    Mrs R are you able to get some additional help from your GP, maybe in referring you to speak to a counsellor? You shouldn't have to suffer in silence.

OH has gone off to work and I'm already feeling anxious and low. The thought of just sitting around the house on my own all week is awful. Unfortunately all my friends work, and my sister who is currently on mat leave lives in Bristol, so much too far to visit.

I may go and see my mum and dad tomorrow, although last time I saw them I'd just lost the baby, so unhappy associations there.

I'm half contemplating just going back to work..although I'm not sure if my mental state is great at the moment, and would hate to burst into tears in front of people who have no idea what I've been through.
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    I'm sorry about the bleeding Tinks..not what you need at all.

You're in Devon aren't you? If I lived nearer I'd come and see you..I'm in the same boat. Stuck at home on my own..so depressing.

Devon is beautiful. I wish I lived somewhere like that. I live in the inner sity of South London. It's fine, but not erxactly rich in nice places to walk and beautiful scenery!
  • tinkwings
    Options
    I'm sorry about the bleeding Tinks..not what you need at all.

You're in Devon aren't you? If I lived nearer I'd come and see you..I'm in the same boat. Stuck at home on my own..so depressing.

Devon is beautiful. I wish I lived somewhere like that. I live in the inner sity of South London. It's fine, but not erxactly rich in nice places to walk and beautiful scenery!

MV we could have a virtual cuppa together X

I have been trying to keep busy all weekend I have been clearing our the loft & making the bunting for our blessing in April. The house is SOOOOOO quite it is horrible.

Devon is beautiful I do feel lucky to live here being close to the sea is the best thing for me.

Lets put the kettle on! :A
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    Good idea! Could do with a cuppa!!

Our hot water isn't working properly here..not what I need at the moment. Got a plumber meant to be coming over sometime this afternoon, so I really am stuck in the house today.

I always feel guilty just doing nothing. And I've been at home for pretty much the last 2 and a half weeks already.

Got an email from my boss last night saying how sorry he is. His fiancee is due in March, and he and I had been talkig lots about pregnancy etc. So sad that mine ended this way :(
  • tinkwings
    Options
    Good idea! Could do with a cuppa!!

Our hot water isn't working properly here..not what I need at the moment. Got a plumber meant to be coming over sometime this afternoon, so I really am stuck in the house today.

I always feel guilty just doing nothing. And I've been at home for pretty much the last 2 and a half weeks already.

Got an email from my boss last night saying how sorry he is. His fiancee is due in March, and he and I had been talkig lots about pregnancy etc. So sad that mine ended this way :(

We can only deal with how we feel one day at a time is my goal at the moment. I do get a bit annoyed with being over crowded by people and being smuthered.

I think the worst those is NOT being able to talk about it when people ingore it because they feel uncomfortable or don't know what to say. They pretend like nothing has happened I get angry with that. DH went to work on Friday for the first day last week & NO ONE said anthing I think he found that VERY upsetting.

Hope your plumber turns up.

x
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    I know what you mean tinks.

Do you work?
  • tinkwings
    Options
    I know what you mean tinks.

Do you work?

Yes I work 3 days a week for as an Insurance Broker my work are fab it is like working with my family and I know that they will be amazing when I do go in but I just can't face it at the moment. I am signed off Last week & this week but have to see my GP at the end of this week for a review. Not sure how I will feel then so keepin an open mind x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family