We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

9 areas of my life are a mess, I will make each area better every day in 2010

Options

Comments

• rainbow81
    Options
    Hi RG, you've been quiet. How are things going? How's the wallpapering?

R
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    rainbow81 wrote: »
    Hi RG, you've been quiet. How are things going? How's the wallpapering?

R

Hello
    I have cut out 167 squares (by hand with scissors, what a job!) now just trying to borrow a spirit level to start putting them up.
    I will do a proper update later xxxxx
    I can choose happiness whenever I wish no matter what my circumstances
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
    Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
  • renovation.girl
    renovation.girl Posts: 216 Forumite
    edited 14 February 2010 at 2:50PM
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you are having a great w/e.
    With WORK I have been very busy trying to get a better job, its moving in the right direction in that 5 nanny agencies have signed me up plus iv heard about a couple of other jobs which are going to become available in the near future. im just going to take my time and get the right one.
    my FINANCES are better. i went to tescos yesterday and spent £52.57 for two weeks of shopping, not bad? yes im still putting lentils in everything, and iv discovered prunes in their own juice for 40p a can - great with tesco value porridge made with water. my debt has come down a bit you can see in my sig, but things will get harder from now as iv cut my hours at work to enable me to study.
    my HOME is chaos as im trying to finish dec'rating the front room, im getting there and will be straight on it soon as iv written this. iv glossed, painted the ceiling twice, taken up the manky old carpet and got rid of the woodchip paper from the walls as well as cut out my squares for wall papering in patchwork. i boro'd a spiritlevel and im going to crack on today. it wont be long before im done now.
    my RELATIONSHIP is still crud, but at least after 9 months unemployed my OH has got a job. im looking forward to some dynamic changes round here, we'll see. he's not here today, good job coz i cant be bothered with the valentines thing this year
    my CHILDREN are all good, don't want to jinx it so I'll say no more.
    HEALTH is ok, it improves as I address my diet, get more sleep and generally pull myself together. edit and still no smoking!!
    SPIRITUALITY is good, as I relax/get organised more I begin to connect with the outside world. I still feel pretty groovy/positive/energised.
    FRIENDSHIPS - this is the one I need to work on this week as its half term and i should catch up with folks.
    EDUCATION I did a load of nvq work last night (3 hours) plus put some messages on the open university forum which is the very start of the course - it gathers intensity from this point onwards.

better shake a leg, catch you all later lovelies xx
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This thread is a just like reading a book - waiting for the next event to unfold, excited by the main character's successes and saddened by the not so successful ones. I can't wait for the next instalment. Keep posting RG, we are all rooting for you.
    Have you ever thought of writing a book?? You should copy and paste all your posts and go from there; a best seller in the making.
    xx
  • renovation.girl
    edited 14 February 2010 at 3:44PM
    Options
    This thread is a just like reading a book - waiting for the next event to unfold, excited by the main character's successes and saddened by the not so successful ones. I can't wait for the next instalment. Keep posting RG, we are all rooting for you.
    Have you ever thought of writing a book?? You should copy and paste all your posts and go from there; a best seller in the making.
    xx

if only i had the time lol
    thank you, its so nice to get positive feedback. hope you are having a lovely sunday.x
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • renovation.girl
    edited 19 February 2010 at 2:13PM
    Options
    iv finished the wallpapering, apart from a few curling edges i have to pva down. im very very pleased with the result, plus it only cost the fuel to pick up the samples from a local village plus two value packs of paste. i got all the paint and underlay off freecycle, the carpet from ebay - 11 foot by 9 foot, handtufted, 100% wool, listed very wrong £25 (well i got two, ones red with squares on we've got in the bedroom, i got the pair for £50 when i first moved in) and local pick up, both persian rugs.... love moneysaving xxx

010-1-1.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

013.jpg

011.jpg

015.jpg
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • CGKR2009
    Options
    Wow r.g. I'm so inspired that yours is the first diary I have subscribed to. Very brave to tackle so many problems with a great attitude - good on ya :T

More than anything though I love the wallpapering - excellent work around the fireplace.

Its inspired me to think about my home office........
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    CGKR2009 wrote: »
    Wow r.g. I'm so inspired that yours is the first diary I have subscribed to. Very brave to tackle so many problems with a great attitude - good on ya :T

More than anything though I love the wallpapering - excellent work around the fireplace.

Its inspired me to think about my home office........

thank you and go for it, be brave, be resourceful and it will feel so satisfying xx
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • debtdesperado
    Options
    That looks great!!! you are very talented - it was definitely worth all the effort you put in!
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi renovation.girl

The walls look fantastic espcially the pink around the fireplace.:T:T

Glad that you're doing so well.

GRB.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories