We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

9 areas of my life are a mess, I will make each area better every day in 2010

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• CosmoCat
    CosmoCat Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    William Morris said "Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful", so be ruthless with those binbags!! Good luck xxx:)

Excellent, excellent quote! As soon as I'm home at the end of January, that's going up on my wall, and the principle is being put into practice! Thank you!
    MFW Newbie - #17. (#116 in 2019)
    New Mortgage at Nov 19 - £273 499
    Current Balance - £268 225
    Want to cut down 26 year mortgage by 9 years!
    New MF date 2036 :dance:
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    Today is Home day, I emptied my DD2 bedroom yesterday including getting rid of the old carpet, the new one is rolled up in the front room, I bought it yesterday as didn't want to miss the VAT. I will feel a lot better when that room is done because it was in really bad condition, my DD was naughty and wrecked the furniture and carpets, I'm hoping she will look after her new things, we'll see :(

Have a good day, it's back to work for me - a meeting at the children's centre, 4 hours housekeeping and then 4 hours nannying, phew, then come home do the decorating, well at least I will be working off the mince pies....
    I can choose happiness whenever I wish no matter what my circumstances
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
    Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sublime wrote: »

I will probably have a good clear-out, by shoving stuff in bin liners, and taking to the charity shop. she has so much stuff she never plays with. My son too.
    while i applaud the idea of the clear out and the charity shop, can you ebay any of it to clear some debts.....
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • startagain_2
    startagain_2 Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Options
    Have a good day r.g and whilst it is good to be working take care you don't overdo it!

Hugs

SA
    2011 - New year, New start, New me
    [STRIKE]Planning on [/STRIKE] making my dreams a reality
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    Options
    WOW! I just discovered this thread? So much resonated with me! May I join you please?

I am away with family at the moment, but when I get home I am going to make my own list. My biggest problem is lack of motivation. I am disabled and often in a lot of pain, so it is easier to lose myself on the computer than face sorting out my life. But on the plus side I have carers who are angels and will gladly help me if I direct them to what I need them to do.

Just a couple of hours a day would be a huge start.

Thank you!
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    Hi startagain, I am trying to take it steady, this morning I haven't got to go to work until 12 andf I wa going to use the time to do a bit of painting but I'm just doing laundry instead.

And hello Daisy, please do join in, I'm not always available to post but will try to keep up with it. Motivation? if only they sold it by the gram! I do find ginseng really helps xxx;)
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

I just noticed that you started this thread in Jan 2010! Are you pleased with your achievements in the past 12 months? Anything you'd like to share?

Is this a time to start a new 2011 thread, or are you happy to keep with this one?

Thanks for the ginseng tip for motivation! :D
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

I just noticed that you started this thread in Jan 2010! Are you pleased with your achievements in the past 12 months? Anything you'd like to share?

Is this a time to start a new 2011 thread, or are you happy to keep with this one?

Thanks for the ginseng tip for motivation! :D

Yes I am please with how 2010 has gone. Post 165 on pg 9 is where I was at just before Christmas. I think my advice is to rest when you need to but take advantage of days you are full of beans to do the things that are priority. I want to achieve a standard of living that a few years ago I wouldnt even have dreamed about, I mean in terms of being organised, studying, working, I used to be a single parent on Income Support who drank coffee and went from one abusive relationship to the next. Now I'm a civil servant, so nearly debt free, gained my BSc degree finally last October and my house is really getting there in terms of decorating and I've done 95% of it on my own. I think I will start a new thread if we are allolwed to? x
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    Options
    I think I will start a new thread if we are allolwed to? x

WELL DONE for all you have achieved! You are an inspiration!

Yes it is easy to start a new thread... you just need to start a new thread with a new title, and then put a link to the new thread on this thread (so current subscribers can find you!).

If you wish you can also put a link to this thread in the first post of your new thread, so that people can look back if they wish and see how far you have come. That's up to you, of course!

xx
  • renovation.girl
    renovation.girl Posts: 216 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2011 at 9:46AM
    Options
    WELL DONE for all you have achieved! You are an inspiration!

Yes it is easy to start a new thread... you just need to start a new thread with a new title, and then put a link to the new thread on this thread (so current subscribers can find you!).

If you wish you can also put a link to this thread in the first post of your new thread, so that people can look back if they wish and see how far you have come. That's up to you, of course!

xx

Thank you, I will go and think what my new thread should begin with xx

New thread for 2011 xxx http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=39953582#post39953582
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business