9 areas of my life are a mess, I will make each area better every day in 2010

Options
renovation.girl
renovation.girl Posts: 216 Forumite
edited 24 February 2010 at 3:04PM in Debt free diaries
As of today, the areas of my life as listed below need balancing. I will keep this brief because I basically just want a record to keep me on track, but please feel free to join in

1. FINANCES (think about on MONDAYS) today i have -£640 to my name, not good, but i plan to try ebay and scratchcards to begin with to try to sort it out. plus i am owed some money by people which i will begin to chase up. im also going to follow this meal/shopping plan:

http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/save_time_and_money/two_week_menu

2. HOME (TUESDAYS) is a complete mess and i plan to organise the whole house first then decorate room by room, beginning with the dining room. need to write a list, probably the very first thing i will do

3. RELATIONSHIP (WEDNESDAYS) needs some spicing up to say the least, will have 'a talk' at earliest convenience

4. CHILDREN (THURSDAYS) things here are very bad with one of my children, i have social services coming round tomorrow, enough said

5. WORK (FRIDAYS) i am totally underpaid and overworked in a childcaring job and i have had enough of it so will be looking to go down another career path, watch this space

6. HEALTH (SATURDAYS) i have put on two stone this year which is very upsetting so i am starting by walking more and addressing our diets. will get on the wii fit and find out how much i weigh later

7. SPIRTUALITY (SATURDAYS) i am a bit lost with myself so want to find some meaning (outside my family) not sure how yet

8. FRIENDSHIPS (SUNDAYS) i need to contact my old friends and start meeting up with them again, this has gone by the wayside for too long

9. EDUCATION (SUNDAYS) i am doing an nvq3 which i need to finish but i need to stop procrastinating and get on with it, and then starting a course in february i need to phone the OU to make sure my registration was successful.

thanks and i will update when i get time. *toddles off to write a list*
I can choose happiness whenever I wish no matter what my circumstances
Debt 05.11.11 £668
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity

Comments

• gizmomum
    gizmomum Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there just a quickie to say how much of this rang true for me as well. Not all 9 but definitely finances, home, relationship, health and friendships. All making me feel that there should be more. You've inspired me to write a list/plan to address at least some of these!

thankyou

x
  • slig
    slig Posts: 400 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck. I divided my new years resolutions into three or four key areas that I want to work on this year. I think it's really good that you've been able to identify these nine areas to work on, I hope you are successful.
    Debt at LBM (17/10/08) £5727.61 Debt free date 31/08/09
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    gizmomom good luck & slig thank you for your replies xx
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • danthemoneysavingman
    Options
    Hello!
    I would suggest scratchcards (i.e. gambling) is probably not the best way to get yourself out of debt!

ebay good but charges, do ppl in your area use gumtree or something similar? at least then theres no commission, good for low-value items.

good luck with everything else! but don't try to tackle them all at once, its way too much to handle I would think! Juggling 9 balls you'd be bound to drop some :-)
    Let me Google that for you...
  • gizmomum
    gizmomum Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Here's my starter for 10!
    Finances: i keep making a start but never seem to get far as I'm not strong enough to persevere against obstacles! I'm determined to at least meal plan and not end up at the supermarket every two days
    Home: Mine too is a mess and is probalby making me more unhappy than anything else. A room by room approach is a great idea...just have to work out a way of getting my two under two's either out of the way or helping me :rotfl:
    Relationship: hopefully a heart to heart should solve this, especially if other areas improve
    Health: Fitting exercise as such in is difficult (see Home!!) but I'm sure alot of the problem could be solved with healthier meals earlier in the evenings...not sure how this will fit in with meal planning, are there any healthy/diet cheap options?

that's it, all comments welcome :-)
  • slig
    slig Posts: 400 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello!
    I would suggest scratchcards (i.e. gambling) is probably not the best way to get yourself out of debt!

Dan, renovation.girl will be referring to the free scratchcards that the bingo sites do - I used to do them and make about a tenner a month.
    Debt at LBM (17/10/08) £5727.61 Debt free date 31/08/09
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    Hello!

ebay good but charges, do ppl in your area use gumtree or something similar? at least then theres no commission, good for low-value items.

good luck with everything else! but don't try to tackle them all at once, its way too much to handle I would think! Juggling 9 balls you'd be bound to drop some :-)

yes i meant the free scratchcards on the bingo sites ;-) and you are right gumtree is a better option for the big things definately, i willdo some tonite
    im hoping that by addressing all 9 areas at once each one will improve a little bit each day, rather than just ignoring one altogether. thanks xx
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    gizmomum wrote: »
    Here's my starter for 10!
    Finances: i keep making a start but never seem to get far as I'm not strong enough to persevere against obstacles! I'm determined to at least meal plan and not end up at the supermarket every two days
    Home: Mine too is a mess and is probalby making me more unhappy than anything else. A room by room approach is a great idea...just have to work out a way of getting my two under two's either out of the way or helping me :rotfl:
    Relationship: hopefully a heart to heart should solve this, especially if other areas improve
    Health: Fitting exercise as such in is difficult (see Home!!) but I'm sure alot of the problem could be solved with healthier meals earlier in the evenings...not sure how this will fit in with meal planning, are there any healthy/diet cheap options?

that's it, all comments welcome :-)

hi again
    i have worked out a three week meal plan, gone through my fridge, freezer and cupboards and come up with a tasty, healthy and most importantly cheap plan of action, iv only got to get a few top up things which should come in less than £30 for the three weeks. there are some fab recipes in the money saving old style thread
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    slig wrote: »
    Dan, renovation.girl will be referring to the free scratchcards that the bingo sites do - I used to do them and make about a tenner a month.

yep lol xx
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • catflea
    catflea Posts: 6,620 Forumite
    Options
    On the health side - when you go to work get off the bus/train earlier and walk the rest (if feasible!) or park the car a mile away and walk the rest. Not sure if you'd have lift/stairs to deal with where you are but take the stairs rather than the lift - it all adds up

(says he who walks up 7 storeys :eek:)

Finances - Might also be worth having a look at the £100 to 10k challenge in up your income....
    Proud of who, and what, I am. :female::male:
    :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family