We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

9 areas of my life are a mess, I will make each area better every day in 2010

Options

Comments

• renovation.girl
    renovation.girl Posts: 216 Forumite
    edited 26 January 2010 at 9:57PM
    Options
    hi folks
    im bunking off work today, very naughty isnt it? not something im in the habit of but im feeling like my new found enthusiasm and energy is wasted there and one day won't hurt. im going to spend it 'finishing off' the housework, sorting out my CV and sending it off to the nanny agencies who have got back to me and doing a bit of ebay. gosh im such a rebel, i will be on special brew for breakfast before you know it lol:beer:

edit, typed up my cv and feel on top of the world. need to get lots of copies done then i can send them off woohoo
    I can choose happiness whenever I wish no matter what my circumstances
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
    Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    well yesterday at work was hard, the director hauled me into the office and it was a real battle of wills. nothing is changing as a result of it, but i knew that, thatys why i had already decided to leave.
    i have two interviews on monday for nanny agencies, and iv got a couple of local families looking at my paperwork who i found on gumtree website looking for a nanny. im looking for the perfect job now and will not settle for anything less. cant wait to leave my current job. slave labour and totally under-appreciated, plus they lie lie lie......
    iv put a few things on ebay, iv sold a couple too so made @ £29 profit so far, im just getting the hang of it.
    iv cleared the front room ready for decorating but omg im not looking foprward to getting the chip paper off, its the only room thats got it and by gum does it have to go.
    iv def'ly got discretionary support for my ou course so im all registered and cushtie. cant wait to get my teeth into it, only 10 months and i will be a BSc graduate, lush!
    anyway folks, im going to do a bit more ebay then laundry then pop to a local nursery where i know the manager to discuss possible employment. we'll see what sort of wages they can manage lol
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    omg iv got 3 interviews on monday for nanny jobs and one on tuesday already. iv got a suit and new shoes so i feel ready. these are jobs iv found myself without using an agency, its amazing.
    iv got a lush pine cone fire on the go and pasta and pesto for tea, mmmm
    other half is away for the whole w/e, lurvit lol
    have a great w/e folks
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • Jacey53
    Jacey53 Posts: 292 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Wow!
    I am so impressed with what you have achieved so far. Dynamite woman.:beer:

Hope the job interviews go well.
    Sealed Pot challenge 2011 member 1051 - aiming for £365
    Frugal living challenge 2011 £4044 or less!
    Make £11,000 in 2011 £0/£11,000
    Planning a hand-made Christmas 2011
  • rainbow81
    rainbow81 Posts: 400 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow RG, I have just read your diary as I a feeling like there are quite few areas of my life I need to improve. I've done absolutely nothing today and feel rubbish for it but you've put a big smile on my face and I actually feel more positive.

Good luck with your interviews.

What course are you doing? I'm about to start health and genetics with the OU and I am scared!
  • renovation.girl
    edited 31 January 2010 at 2:35AM
    Options
    thank you Jacey53
    rainbow81 wrote: »
    Wow RG, I have just read your diary as I a feeling like there are quite few areas of my life I need to improve. I've done absolutely nothing today and feel rubbish for it but you've put a big smile on my face and I actually feel more positive.

Good luck with your interviews.

What course are you doing? I'm about to start health and genetics with the OU and I am scared!

omg, i did level 1 health and genetics in 2007, it was ok, it reminded me a lot of gcse biology. good luck, the ou is really great. im doing level 3 communication in health and social care, bit of a ball breaker apparently but im well up for it.
    im glad you are feeling more positive. the whole point of my thread is that im doing little bits of effort at a time in lots of different areas - not busting a gut over one problem and getting stressed with it and neglecting the other areas.
    thanks for your message xxx

iv just got back from a really pleasant party at my friends. it was one of those bring a dish style things but i just took a large bag of bombay mix and a bag of peanuts (£1.29 altogether) and the bombay mix was scoffed straight away. i stopped smoking this morning and i am bloomin and blimmin determined to quit for good. i got my patches a few weeks ago, four packs, and spent as much as i would have on cigs so its not a waste of money (dr wouldnt give me any more, been trying for years). im worried about my weight but walked round the park twice today so trying to keep ahead of it. resist the crisps, resist the choc, resist the fry-up, argh lol

im going to try the weekly flylady thread for the housework thing. im hoping my family might see it on the wall and join in (can hope can't i?) and write a study/life timetable for the foreseeable future with my studies/getting that dream job/decorating/making a million £££ hahaha i think a timetable will help me a lot. i will post it when its done. im going to spend some time on it as i enjoy doing these things, just call me monica from friends xxx
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • renovation.girl
    edited 31 January 2010 at 2:23AM
    Options
    ok here it is so far, might need tweaking a bit as i go along. im including 'think time' for my nine areas (when on the loo, sat at traffic lights, having a cupotea break) for each day. im including the weekly flylady housework but splitting it between the week days i wont be working as of the week after next. i usually get up at 7am but im changing that to 6.30 and got to be in bed by 10pm every night. with the studying if i go babysitting and do 4 or 5 hours while im there im going to 'bank' that time and take it on a friday so i can do some more on the allotment or decorating.

Monday
    Study 8am to 2pm, Kids bedrooms, spare rooms & hall/stairs, Stock take & online shop, Ebay parcels. Think: FINANCES

Tuesday
    Work, Think: HOME

Wednesday
    Study 8am to 2pm, Kitchen Dining & Living room. Think: RELATIONSHIP

Thursday
    Work, list on ebay pm. Think:CHILDREN

Friday
    Study 8am to 12 midday (or allotment/decorating with banked time), Bathrooms & Master bedroom. Think: WORK

Saturday
    Wash school & work uniforms, time for my children (if they want me lol if not up the allotment i go). Think: HEALTH & SPIRITUALITY

Sunday
    Car booting, put away scraggles of laundry, list on ebay pm, do some ebay parcels, garden/shed/allotment. Think: FRIENDSHIPS & EDUCATION

Daily
    Quality time with my children, Exercise 20 mins at least, Load of washing on before study/work, take ginseng, a tiny/little/significant bit of decorating.

Tomorrow/today sunday im going to miss the car boot just for once as its freezing and my other half is away (he usually comes with) and go straight into stripping some more woodchip paper off the front room walls - iv done the easy half of the room and looking at the vast expanse of peach vomit texture, i cant wait to get it all off!!

better go to bed - but im going to enjoy my first lay-in for months in the morning.
    nite nite xxx
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • rainbow81
    rainbow81 Posts: 400 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thank you Jacey53

omg, i did level 1 health and genetics in 2007, it was ok, it reminded me a lot of gcse biology. good luck, the ou is really great

im going to try the weekly flylady thread for the housework thing. im hoping my family might see it on the wall and join in (can hope can't i?) and write a study/life timetable for the foreseeable future with my studies/getting that dream job/decorating/making a million £££ hahaha i think a timetable will help me a lot. i will post it when its done. im going to spend some time on it as i enjoy doing these things, just call me monica from friends xxx

Haha I was just saying it's a bit GCSE but that's brilliant cos that's the last time I did any science!

Good luck with the family joining in, you never know! It happens all the time, according to Flylady's testimonials!

Good job on the timetable. I'm going to steal all your ideas now - I especially need the one about going to bed early!
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    rainbow81 wrote: »
    I especially need the one about going to bed early!

look at the state of us at 1.38 in the morning, woops. my excuse is iv given up smoking today and find it hard to sleep the first few nites. im defo going to turn in now tho, iv got some nytol for this type of insomniac emergency thank goodness.
    i hope you can use some ideas, we are all in this together afterall. take care for now and hope to see you again.x
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
  • renovation.girl
    Options
    omg i need a fag. and im chewing my nails because of it and iv got interviews in the morning. must do some wllpaper stripping, immediately *toddles off to find scraper*
    Debt 05.11.11 £668
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business