What is the best Mastercard prepaid card to use for Ryanair transactions only??

Options

Comments

• benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JohnEzpay wrote: »
    My experience personally is that it takes seconds.

I'd be interested to know which bank you're transferring from. When I initiated the transfers from my Halifax account it told me it should take about 2 hours to reach the destination bank account, but I didn't get the load confirmation from Escape until the next morning.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm starting to get a bit worried now. On the neteller site they have a forum with people's comments compliments problems etc on which I posted my grievances yesterday. it had a message for quite a while saying 'awaiting moderation' and it hasn't appeared - it must have been deleted. does anyone know when i eventually can access my £200 can I just get it transferred back to my bank account and forget the whole sorry experience or will there be fees? also i've got an escape card and it seems fine but just for people to remember there is an inactivity fee of £1 per month if you don't use it for 90 successive days - whether this actually then becomes a £3 fee (for the 3 months) I don't know!
  • TR21
    TR21 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    melb wrote: »
    I'm starting to get a bit worried now. On the neteller site they have a forum with people's comments compliments problems etc on which I posted my grievances yesterday. it had a message for quite a while saying 'awaiting moderation' and it hasn't appeared - it must have been deleted. does anyone know when i eventually can access my £200 can I just get it transferred back to my bank account and forget the whole sorry experience or will there be fees? also i've got an escape card and it seems fine but just for people to remember there is an inactivity fee of £1 per month if you don't use it for 90 successive days - whether this actually then becomes a £3 fee (for the 3 months) I don't know!

Good luck getting your money back! They have £50 of mine which they keep refusing to give me. I tried withdrawing to my bank account, then hours later got an email telling me i couldnt becase i funded it with a credit card, i explained i used my debit card and was told they treat them the same. Now im told i have to wait 120 days before i can withdraw my own money!!! Oh and they charge £5 to withdraw aswell!! I dont know what to do, i need MY money but they simply wont give me it.
  • jayok
    jayok Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Opened a Neteller with no problems at the start of the year, I got my Mastercard from them last week. I transferred £400 from my bank on Monday which appeared yesterday. Bought 2 sets of flights today. It has all gone very well indeed
  • Lehman
    Lehman Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    If you are Melanie, it seems your concern is posted on Neteller blog and addressed. Reading the blog, I see most people to be satisfied with the card and the flow of answers show that first Neteller was not accepted and then the guys solved the issue. Seems like the card of choice on Ryanair.

http://blog.neteller.com/net-plus-and-ryanair/
    melb wrote: »
    still no word from neteller - i've sent scan of photograph and credit card bill - twice - and I've hit a brick wall. all I want to do now is get my £200 back as i have no intention of doing any business with them at all but, guess what, i can't get my money back until I've upgraded my account and i can't do that because my passport was "unreadable". what do they need to read? the passport number is completely readable so what's the problem? i have had 2 live chats with them but still to no avail. Meanwhile my flights are going up and up.
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for that lehman I'll have a look
  • Mahatma__Steven
    Options
    I'm seeing FairFX Currency Card as £3.50 cashback on GreasyPalm.

1.Is this accepted by RyanAir for FREE purchase?
    2.Will the card be free to get in the first place?
    3.Are there better cashback deals? (ie. with other CB sites &/or cards)

I'm using it purely to buy flights. £s only. Just for me, but I'm willing to make an effort to cut costs.
  • Lehman
    Options
    I'm seeing FairFX Currency Card as £3.50 cashback on GreasyPalm.

1.Is this accepted by RyanAir for FREE purchase?
    2.Will the card be free to get in the first place?
    3.Are there better cashback deals? (ie. with other CB sites &/or cards)

I'm using it purely to buy flights. £s only. Just for me, but I'm willing to make an effort to cut costs.

If you are using purely for flights, Neteller seems to be the card of choice for Ryanair here. It doesn't cost you anything and you also pay without charges.

It does not give any cashback, but they have Netpoints, similar to airmiles which you get for every dollar/euro/pound spent and can enter big cash draws.

I made research on FairFx in the beginning, but it costs to load and get, so to me it didn't seem like the best choice.

Do your own research please.
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can get £7.50 cashback on the FairFX Currency Card elsewhere , e.g. Topcashback.
  • Lehman
    Options
    For the FairFx card what puts me off is the 1.5% transaction fee for pound denomination (http://www.fairfx.com/whatitcosts)

In addition, Normal card fee £9.95 for initial loads under £500. I usually use the card to book tickets only; therefore, transferring more than £500 doesn't make sense given that the money is not insured against loss.

Finally, the customer service line costing 80p per minute is a bit making profit on your customer's problems thing.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport