We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: British Gas cuts standard gas prices

Options
15678911»

Comments

• itsj2
    itsj2 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can someone help a thoroughly confused colleague please.

I'm on CE6 with dual fuel and in the Norweb region. I pay by D/D and I understood that my Gas price would decrease by 6% from 4 Feb.

My bill came online today. Consumption is shown in 2 parts - up to 3 Feb and then from 4 Feb onwards. However, the price per unit (ex Vat) is the same for both periods:

First Tier 6.430p
    Next 3.037p

I just don't understand!!!
  • KDH_2
    KDH_2 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    also on CE6 (Eastern region) - my gas bill today............

first tier 6.478
    next 3.086
    up to 4/02/10

first tier 6.478
    next 3.044
    since 4/02/10

different in different regions ??
  • kjsmith7
    kjsmith7 Posts: 519 Forumite
    Options
    Prices for electricity have been regionalised for a long time, British gas regionalised gas prices with the July 2008 price increase.

As you are on Click Energy 6, you're already paying a reduced rate, and have been for a long time (since about September 2008 I think?). The price reduction lowers standard prices by 6%, but online tariffs, which are already heavily discounted, therefore do not get the same reduction. There have been numerous threads about this on this forum, as all of the suppliers do the same thing.

Check out the WebSaver6 price if you pay via direct debit, as it may work out cheaper than Click Energy 6 for some.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure