We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…411412414416417…1193

Comments

  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    Not sure why fruit would be over 12 months? I have tried Benjamin with some of the over 12 month ready-meals in tubs and he seems to quite like them.

    He sometimes eats really well, other times he refuses everything. The reason that it looked like he ate so much the other night is because he kept refusing everything so I kept trying different things.

    He is getting much better and cleaner at feeding himself, although he throws everything he doesn't want over his shoulder :rolleyes:

    His CM has asked me to up his bottles to 240ml because he is draining his 2 x 210ml bottles when he is with her. For us he will rarely take more than 150ml, usually closer to 100ml :confused: funny child!

    Is LO getting on well with MIL?

    i do that too when LO refuses to eat anything i just keep trying all manner of things. although any type of bread product she will eat until she is fed up and then it gets launched from her high chair. she has just discovered though that our dog will eat whatever she puts down so i think she has taken it upon her self to be his number one feeder.

    got to love that they do things for others that they dont do for you :D LO will do this all the time with me and MIL. she gives me such a hard time with certain things, but if MIL tries, she'll do it.

    LO is getting on fine. she is so used to MIL that it hasnt' been a problem leaving her. although she did cry this morning when i was leaving and wanted to come with me, but she was tired and wanted to go to sleep, but as i left she was in MIL's arms with a bottle so she was fine.

    i am wondering now that we have the two top teeth coming through if that is going to help with her eating or hinder it more like it did when her bottom teeth came though.

    x

  • His CM has asked me to up his bottles to 240ml because he is draining his 2 x 210ml bottles when he is with her. For us he will rarely take more than 150ml, usually closer to 100ml :confused: funny child!

    It's funny how they will do things for other people but not for you isn't it. Izzy wouldn't drink from a sippy cup before she started copying the others at nursery. And she goes to sleep on her own fine there!


    You are just far too sensibubble :p

    I have a spare heater if you want it :D


    How did last night go? Do you feel like you are making progress?

    Not as good as the night before, but she wasn't herself in the day either really (ended up giving her some calpol - not sure what was wrong, but she seems ok this morning!), so she woke up a few times before I went to bed, then woke up at 5am and wouldn't go back to sleep again. I'm going to have to start going to bed earlier if I'm going to be up at that time! She's had a nap this morning too, and has unpacked her farm from its box and is happily playing.

    I'm just waiting for my hair to dry a bit, then we're going to venture off into town, so probably talk to you all later on!
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 8 January 2010 at 11:22AM
    [
    GISI - Not sure if ur tesco will be the same, but mine allow me to use some coupons even if I havent bought the product, I just bung them a wodge and ask them if they mind trying them to save to me going through them :) A load of pampers coupons came off my shopping the other day and I hadnt bought any pampers. HTH!!

    My Tescos accepted a huggies coupon yesterday and I didnt buy any...

    Hugs to all in this lovely weather !!!Sorry for not mentioning all but only just caught up again on last lost of posts... dont know where the time goes...


    LO definately seems to prefer bottle now he had BM at 6pm for 20 mins then 120ml EBM at 8.30 and then downed another 90ml at 10.30!! Wont seem to take left breast at night when lying down for some reason?

    Finally a couple of photos of my boys in the snow and last one is for SB showing William in his top

    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=48604&id=1238780812&saved#/photo.php?pid=1024286&id=1238780812

    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=48604&id=1238780812&saved#/photo.php?pid=1024287&id=1238780812&fbid=1342335558641

    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=48604&id=1238780812&saved#/photo.php?pid=1024296&id=1238780812&fbid=1342336198657


    Chopsticks - do you want to PM address for fairies to send Huggies vouchers?
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • keelykat
    keelykat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    You all write too much!
    Mommy to Elliot (5) and Lewis (born xmas eve 11!)
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    Bruno and AF, dh and I have been thinking about sleep triggers recently, prompted by all the interesting, creative ideas on here about bedtime routines. :D

    What I wanted to add to the debate as my little twopennorth is to try to think long term and in terms of desired family size when instigating a sleep trigger.

    I've watched 2 good friends in real life start a bath, hair wash, 3 stories, song and sleep routine with baby number 1 and then watched them strained with fatigue on trying to still do this near the end of pregnancy number 2 and with newborn number 2. Newborn number 3 makes things even harder....:eek:

    I'm trying to think about it as a long term planning of a working day. Assuming a baby does a 7 til 7 sleep (like lucky SB!) We parents work a 12 hr shift and sometimes have night-time on calls! If I were designing that job in the working world, I would be quite cautious about how exerting the tasks I built into the very end of the shift were. Does that make any sense?

    HTH love Weezl x

    Weezl

    Of course you make sense :D

    I have been thinking not so much of sleep triggers, although i know that is necessary, but of timing. i of course will be getting in from work and hubby works nights, so i need to look at when the best time to put her down is, so that it's best for her but also allows for hubby and i to have time with her in the evening.

    It's a good point you raise re other children. i'd love another one and i'd love one right now, but i know it's not the best thing for us as LO does not have a good sleeping pattern at the minute and it wouldn't be good for her or another little one.

    x
  • keelykat
    keelykat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    BrunoM wrote: »
    Sugar, our 5-month baby certainly woke 3 or 4 times a night routinely, although we think reflux exacerbated that. Good luck...



    Elijah is now 17 months and nursing is still a key part of his bedtime routine :eek: not actually "to sleep" usually any more, but it's his main trigger to get to the passive state of wanting his cot if you see what I mean. We're beginning to think we need to add stuff to the bedtime routine so that when booby is dropped there are still some good triggers he will recognise!

    Elliot thankfully doesn't need milk anymore to think its bedtime, hes gone to bed without it a few times (only because he was so stuffed from a late meal or simply too tired!)
    Mommy to Elliot (5) and Lewis (born xmas eve 11!)
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    ladybird - hi :hello:

    i know MFD mentioned the other day about reading your diary with interest and i was wondering if i may too. i am interested in how you are getting izzy to sleep etc.

    go careful venturing out. i was so worried about slipping over on the way to work but i got there okay. i imagine your neck of the woods (thinking cathedral etc) looks lovely covered in snow :D
  • morning

    I fell on the ice this morning and have hurt my bum to the extent that I cant sit down, so Jas has a day off school cuz I couldnt drive her there :(
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • keelykat
    keelykat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    morning

    I fell on the ice this morning and have hurt my bum to the extent that I cant sit down, so Jas has a day off school cuz I couldnt drive her there :(

    ouch! :(

    must venture out in a bit, hope i don't fall over too.
    Mommy to Elliot (5) and Lewis (born xmas eve 11!)
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    morning

    I fell on the ice this morning and have hurt my bum to the extent that I cant sit down, so Jas has a day off school cuz I couldnt drive her there :(

    oh MM so sorry to hear that. hope it starts to feel better soon so you can sit down.

    i thought it was terrible that they filmed some lady falling and it was shown on the lunchtime news yesterday, then the evening and i even saw it again this morning.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.