We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…409410412414415…1193

Comments

  • Well done Searching :j:j:j. I'm still in my pjs, and whem I do get dressed there is no way I'm fitting in skinny things, but never mind!

    What is this approved foods everyone keeps talking about?
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite

    What is this approved foods everyone keeps talking about?


    approved foods vastly reduced price foods because they are close to sell by date or are discontinued brands or have typos on their labels etc etc....:D

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    approved foods vastly reduced price foods because they are close to sell by date or are discontinued brands or have typos on their labels etc etc....:D

    hi weezl :hello:

    hope you, fergie and bump are well.

    if we are still friends (:D) i've bought the book into work today so the fairies can start flying in your direction.

    i am so sorry it's take so long. with flying home and then LO being sick the fairies haven't found their way to the post office, but they will today.

    hi all :hello:

    at work today and it's freezing in here.

    x
  • Morning Parents :)

    I am at work this morning and am answering the phone because my two girls are both off today (bad planning on my part - I should have gone out to site!) and already two people have said 'What are YOU doing answering the phones!!' anybody would think I sit in an ivory tower and don't let people speak to me unless it is important :cool:


    Our Sky Box is broken :( hubby is distraught!! We still have some freeview channels with a bad reception but he is missing his sky+ box desperately! Engineer coming to fix it on Sunday so DSS will also be distraught when he realises that there are no kids channels on Sunday morning!!


    My NY Resolution was to do something 'useful' around the house every day to try and get my life back into some semblance of order. It feels like since I got pregnant I have just let everything slide :o
    So I spent last night clearing out our post drawers - we have a chest of drawers where we 'file' all our post as it comes in 'mine' 'hubbys' 'house' etc and they were all fit to bursting. You would not believe the crap I have thrown out / brought to work to be shredded!!

    I am feeling great about it all as well. I need a good clearout but to tackle it all at once is so daunting that I don't get anywhere. Doing just one thing a day, which could be a 5 minute thing, is quite a satisfying way to do it.


    Will read back a bit now. But BM - I would make a docs appointment, just to be safe.
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    okay, who can work this one out??

    http://www.boots.com/en/Calpol-Night-100-ml_47011/

    it says on the box suitable for 3months+ but the blurb says 6years!!!!

    i think boots needs someone to proofread what they are putting on their website.

    i was actually looking for 'calcold', well i think that is what it was cold. LO's cough is terrible and i was looking for something to help. i am sure i saw calcold at the chemist near our docs, but wanted to check before braving the walk through town to pick her some up at boots/superdrug/wilkinsons
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    angelfairy wrote: »
    hi weezl :hello:

    hope you, fergie and bump are well.

    if we are still friends (:D)

    x

    hi AF :) happy new year:D

    fergie is well, kester (bump working title) is breech atm, but I am reading up on how to turn him :)

    what is this 'if' of which you speak?;)

    Are you getting anymore sleep?

    Please thank your fairies for me. Elle did send me a different method of hypnobirthing and I would be very interested to look at and try both, but just wanted to be honest about that in case the fairies thought one weezl getting double treats wasn't very fair. IYSWIM?

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    hi mfd :hello:

    love the sound of your NY resolution. i need something similar. i am sooooo stressed becuase i haven't sorted out LO's last set of clothes that she has grown out of it's making me crazy.

    yesterday would have been a great day to do it, but everyone in the house was poorly, except me, so i was looking after LO (as i should) and didn't get a chance to do it.

    can i come and sit in your ivory tower??? is it warm??? :D
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    hi AF :) happy new year:D

    fergie is well, kester (bump working title) is breech atm, but I am reading up on how to turn him :)

    what is this 'if' of which you speak?;)

    Are you getting anymore sleep?

    Please thank your fairies for me. Elle did send me a different method of hypnobirthing and I would be very interested to look at and try both, but just wanted to be honest about that in case the fairies thought one weezl getting double treats wasn't very fair. IYSWIM?

    ah, kester, i like it. sorry to hear that he is breeched, i'm sure he'll spin himself around.

    of course you can have double treats, you are allowed. as i said, i'd only put it on ebay (but goodness knows when i'd find the time) and i would prefer you had it if it would help. even if i had another, i took from it what helped me and i would do again, so i wouldnt read it another time.

    as for sleep, it has been quite hit and miss. obviously not brilliant at the minute as she is poorly, but last night wasn't too bad (although she was snuggled up wtih me).

    i found a sleeping book i didn't realise i had, but i have an appointment to arrange with a HV to go through their 'kind sleeping' plan in loads of detail. it really needs to be sorted as i have got her into a bad pattern and for all our sakes i need to rectify it. she is getting too big to nurse to sleep now really.

    x
  • angelfairy wrote: »
    hi mfd :hello:

    love the sound of your NY resolution. i need something similar. i am sooooo stressed becuase i haven't sorted out LO's last set of clothes that she has grown out of it's making me crazy.

    yesterday would have been a great day to do it, but everyone in the house was poorly, except me, so i was looking after LO (as i should) and didn't get a chance to do it.

    can i come and sit in your ivory tower??? is it warm??? :D

    I am warm as toast! I have a fan heater blowing on my feet :D

    Don't even talk to me about clothes!! I am ashamed to say that all Benjamins 9-12 month clothes, which he is currently growing out of, are in his drawers but piled on top of his 6-9 month old clothes :o

    My problem is that the best time for me to sort his drawers out is in the evening...when he is asleep in his bedroom where his drawers are!!

    That will have to be one of my 'one thing every day' tasks at some stage though. I offered one of the mums at Booby Club a load of Benjamins old stuff so I do need to sort it out sooner rather than later.

    How are you finding work?
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    So tired today, my legs have started aching again. Not sure what it is but the past 3 days my knees and area above it has been aching, I was almost in tears last night, awful!! It's what I imagine growing pains are but Im clearly too old for those. Better not be arthritus!

    I have aching knees too BM - they get worse in the cold and damp, although I definitely notice it when I've not slept well as though it's a combination of the two things. Hopefully it'll go away soon for you - hot bath and a nap?

    I'd take Keira to the doctors just to be on the safe side and stop you worrying.

    Weezlie, I meant to tell everyone about the approved foods discount and you beat me to it! Should have known you'd be faster than me :rotfl:

    FBB, that's a lovely video, I'm so glad it worked finally. I tried to add you on FB too :)

    MDW what a great picture!

    Hope I've not missed anything, my brain is fog this morning. Five month old babies should not routinely wake three or four times a night, surely?
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.