We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 9
Comments
-
Sugar, our 5-month baby certainly woke 3 or 4 times a night routinely, although we think reflux exacerbated that. Good luck...angelfairy wrote: »i found a sleeping book i didn't realise i had, but i have an appointment to arrange with a HV to go through their 'kind sleeping' plan in loads of detail. it really needs to be sorted as i have got her into a bad pattern and for all our sakes i need to rectify it. she is getting too big to nurse to sleep now really.
x
Elijah is now 17 months and nursing is still a key part of his bedtime routine :eek: not actually "to sleep" usually any more, but it's his main trigger to get to the passive state of wanting his cot if you see what I mean. We're beginning to think we need to add stuff to the bedtime routine so that when booby is dropped there are still some good triggers he will recognise!0 -
My_Fathers_Daughter wrote: »I am warm as toast! I have a fan heater blowing on my feet

Don't even talk to me about clothes!! I am ashamed to say that all Benjamins 9-12 month clothes, which he is currently growing out of, are in his drawers but piled on top of his 6-9 month old clothes
My problem is that the best time for me to sort his drawers out is in the evening...when he is asleep in his bedroom where his drawers are!!
That will have to be one of my 'one thing every day' tasks at some stage though. I offered one of the mums at Booby Club a load of Benjamins old stuff so I do need to sort it out sooner rather than later.
How are you finding work?
soooo not happy about the 'warm as toast' comment but i shall let that pass
glad to hear that i am not the only one that has clothes piled on other clothes that should be packed away. i am in the same boat, that i cant do it in the evening either as that it when LO is sleeping and if she is in a light sleep she will wake if a pin hits the carpet.
i am wondering though if i might be able to tackle it when i start the sleeping plan as i am meant to 'busy myself in the room' so i might be able to do something then.
i need to rearrange the HV as she was snowed in and couldn't get her car out of her drive. i think i am going to ask if she will come and meet me in town so i can take in properly what she is saying without the distraction of LO trying to climb goodness knows what.
work is just the same as i left it. the first day back felt as if it never left. office politics is it's usual, as is others thinking just because they 'are above you' they can treat you however. but hey ho, that is life and until we win the lottery and i can start a business of my own, it pays the bills and lets me by LO things.
how is benjamin doing with his food. was seriously impressed with his list of what he ate for dinner.
LO ate a full pouch of a mango and apple puree though in the afternoon. although, i didn't read the packet first and for some reason said for over 12months. couldn't understand as it was only pureed fruit, nothing else.
xx0 -
My_Fathers_Daughter wrote: »I am warm as toast! I have a fan heater blowing on my feet

My problem is that the best time for me to sort his drawers out is in the evening...when he is asleep in his bedroom where his drawers are!!
Daft question, but can you take all the drawers out of the cupboard and bring them downstairs? That's what I did last time I had a sort out.
And I'm jelous of your heater - freezing here!
Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009
New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £240 -
Sugar, our 5-month baby certainly woke 3 or 4 times a night routinely, although we think reflux exacerbated that. Good luck...
Elijah is now 17 months and nursing is still a key part of his bedtime routine :eek: not actually "to sleep" usually any more, but it's his main trigger to get to the passive state of wanting his cot if you see what I mean. We're beginning to think we need to add stuff to the bedtime routine so that when booby is dropped there are still some good triggers he will recognise!
it's so difficult isn't it. i never thought sleeping would be an issue. i just assumed that for about 3 or 4 months i would get little sleep and then all else would fall into place. i didnt' realise that me doing certain things was creating a bad sleep pattern for LO. I am not saying this in your case, just a general observation.
i'm not sure if my LO ever 'wants her cot'. i am anxious to get to that stage. i know she gets to the stage of wanting to settle down because when i take her up to bed, lay her down and feed her she then a lot of the time will start to drift off.
i know it needs sorting as it will get even more draining me being at work full time and her waking a lot during the night if i keep moving her from my arms to her cot and also having some time in bed on my own (during the week) so i can sleep better and so that there is room for hubby on the weekends.
x0 -
GRRR someone just rang our doorbell FOUR TIMES!!! It's an entry buzzer, and they rang it twice, waited ten seconds and rang it twice more!
Husband is downstairs having words with them now.Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
Three gifts left to buy0 -
Not sure why fruit would be over 12 months? I have tried Benjamin with some of the over 12 month ready-meals in tubs and he seems to quite like them.
He sometimes eats really well, other times he refuses everything. The reason that it looked like he ate so much the other night is because he kept refusing everything so I kept trying different things.
He is getting much better and cleaner at feeding himself, although he throws everything he doesn't want over his shoulder :rolleyes:
His CM has asked me to up his bottles to 240ml because he is draining his 2 x 210ml bottles when he is with her. For us he will rarely take more than 150ml, usually closer to 100ml
funny child!
Is LO getting on well with MIL?please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman
Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14ozA new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 20120 -
How annoying SSladybirdintheuk wrote: »Daft question, but can you take all the drawers out of the cupboard and bring them downstairs? That's what I did last time I had a sort out.
And I'm jelous of your heater - freezing here!
You are just far too sensibubble
I have a spare heater if you want it
How did last night go? Do you feel like you are making progress?please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman
Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14ozA new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 20120 -
Morning all - i've been keeping up, but not had time to post!
:T for all clappy/sitty/coordinated/eaty babies.
Hugs for all poorly babies & older ones.
Weezl I woke this morning at half three, and thought of something really important to ask you - and now its gone!
My bigguns are still off school til Monday - i've no idea why, the roads are all fine now. We drove over to vist aunty in Wrexham yesterday, and apart from not being able to get up her drive, it was all ok.
I've got to pop into work today to hand in my pass
, then at tea time, Mum is looking after the children while I go to the pub to celebrate OH (& me) leaving. :beer: :beer:0 -
Bruno and AF, dh and I have been thinking about sleep triggers recently, prompted by all the interesting, creative ideas on here about bedtime routines.

What I wanted to add to the debate as my little twopennorth is to try to think long term and in terms of desired family size when instigating a sleep trigger.
I've watched 2 good friends in real life start a bath, hair wash, 3 stories, song and sleep routine with baby number 1 and then watched them strained with fatigue on trying to still do this near the end of pregnancy number 2 and with newborn number 2. Newborn number 3 makes things even harder....:eek:
I'm trying to think about it as a long term planning of a working day. Assuming a baby does a 7 til 7 sleep (like lucky SB!) We parents work a 12 hr shift and sometimes have night-time on calls! If I were designing that job in the working world, I would be quite cautious about how exerting the tasks I built into the very end of the shift were. Does that make any sense?
HTH love Weezl x
:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £400 -
Weezl I woke this morning at half three, and thought of something really important to ask you - and now its gone!

intriguing! Happy handing back the pass day :beer:
:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £400
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards