cold weather payment postcode search [merged]

Options

Comments

• preciousillusions
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    This has been explained several times now. CWP's are payable to those on qualifying income based benefits. You are on a contributions based benefit, and when you are transferred to ESA you will be on CB ESA. Therefore you still will not be eligible.

Do you live with someone, or have savings?

Ah okay i see, thank you very much for explaining this and i am sorry i just wasn't quite clear on the rules seeing as i used to be on income support and still could be technically if i wasn't on IB.

I do live with someone and have no savings. Eh, i will survive. I just get annoyed at the criteria for these things sometimes as i went through the same thing with trying to get my NHS treatment free (got an hc1 in the end thank god).
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    How do you mean? I was just trying to express my frustration lol.
    :rotfl:As was I today! there was lots of $£%&*%^!" coming out of my mouth today regarding the JCP but not one argh!
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think the link to the post-code checker for cwp should be made a sticky for the next few weeks,as I suspected given the time of year and the extreme weather this thread has grown a life of its own,the pdf check could also be added to the sticky possibly?
  • preciousillusions
    Options
    DX2 wrote: »
    :rotfl:As was I today! there was lots of $£%&*%^!" coming out of my mouth today regarding the JCP but not one argh!

Oh i see. I don't blame you! It does all seem rather complicated. But then the JCP never makes anything easy! ;)
  • cp7
    cp7 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    gailj5 wrote: »
    i am on incapacity but dont get dla or any other benefits ,my ib is higher rate because i was diognosed with breast cancer i am now at the end of my chemo and things going ok but i rang the help line to ask if iqualify for cwp and i was told no as i do not get is,dla,or have no kids under5 ,surly there is some help for me out there i have 5 kids youngest 11 oldest 21 but none working all still in education im not up to speed on the benefits as i have always worked my husband worked up until i started chemo then was laid off he does not claim anything can anyone shed any light my way very much appriciated thanks for reading this xxxxxxxxx
    hi gailj5, i claim ib but as long term sick and no savings i claim income support also. its only 2.00 per week but makes a difference - free dental treatment etc and i receive cwp. i had to claim inc support after 12 months on ib it was not automatic.
  • Homemade_2
    Homemade_2 Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 3:06AM
    Options
    Argh, this doesn't make sense to me.

I get disability living allowance, lower mobility, high level care.
    Plus incapacity benefit due to illness obviously.
    Meaning i get nothing for cold weather payments, right?

Although if i was instead on ESA or indeed income support, which i could be, and i would be put on ESA if i re-applied now, with some sort of disability premium i imagine, as incapacity benefit has been stopped, I WOULD get cold weather payments. How on earth is this right? Please, someone let me know if i have this wrong in any way.

It's the same thing with free NHS care, which you get on ESA but not incapacity benefit. The only reason i get incapacity and not ESA is because i applied years ago and the amount i get on incapacity is more than I'd get in income support due to an age addition (not that much more, but a bit), i used to get income support before the incapacity benefit amount i was eligible for went beyond the amount i received on IS due to the IB changing to the long term rate.

Is anyone else in the same/similar situation? I am rather frustrated to be honest as i could REALLY do with the extra money right now.
    You already do get the extra money by not being on IS.

You can have it one way or the other. Be on the benefits you are on now and get a little bit more but no CWP, or be on the other benefits and get less each week but CWP if and when due.
  • Bryando
    Bryando Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    I just got £50.00 into bank this morning. Was meant to be 3 payments. The Boyfriend says to me that it will be due to DWP just updating. As it was only yesterday morning the calculator stated 2.

He correct?
  • Bryando
    Bryando Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    gulife wrote: »
    I live in Ayrshire, and qualify, but haven't received one payment yet, despite 3 payments having been triggered.

Oh well. Not holding much hope.

Hi there.

I to live in Ayrshire. Ka are. Just got two payments this morning. Was meant to get three. So hope I get it in next few days. DWP did say to me they were not getting them out til 2nd week of Jan
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Bryando wrote: »
    I just got £50.00 into bank this morning. Was meant to be 3 payments. The Boyfriend says to me that it will be due to DWP just updating. As it was only yesterday morning the calculator stated 2.

He correct?

Yes, he is correct.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • nordtraveller
    nordtraveller Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    Options
    2nd Payment in my bank account this morning.

1 more to go.
    Oh what's the bloody point...?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills