cold weather payment postcode search [merged]

Options

Comments

• DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    lol DX2, just noticed the link in your signature.........silly me.......:o:D lol
    :pI added it as this thread moves so fast and people tend to repeat the same question, and I was kinda hoping that no one else would copy and paste the list again as it's hell scrolling down to a new post...alas it didn't work :rolleyes:
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • preciousillusions
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying atleast. Argh is all i can say! :confused:
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Argh, this doesn't make sense to me.

I get disability living allowance, lower mobility, high level care.
    Plus incapacity benefit due to illness obviously.
    Meaning i get nothing for cold weather payments, right?

Although if i was instead on ESA or indeed income support, which i could be, and i would be put on ESA if i re-applied now, with some sort of disability premium i imagine, as incapacity benefit has been stopped, I WOULD get cold weather payments. How on earth is this right? Please, someone let me know if i have this wrong in any way.

It's the same thing with free NHS care, which you get on ESA but not incapacity benefit. The only reason i get incapacity and not ESA is because i applied years ago and the amount i get on incapacity is more than I'd get in income support due to an age addition (not that much more, but a bit), i used to get income support before the incapacity benefit amount i was eligible for went beyond the amount i received on IS due to the IB changing to the long term rate.

Is anyone else in the same/similar situation? I am rather frustrated to be honest as i could REALLY do with the extra money right now.

This has been explained several times now. CWP's are payable to those on qualifying income based benefits. You are on a contributions based benefit, and when you are transferred to ESA you will be on CB ESA. Therefore you still will not be eligible.

Do you live with someone, or have savings?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • DX2
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying atleast. Argh is all i can say! :confused:
    :whistle: argh certainly hasn't been one of the words that has come out of my mouth today regarding CWP.
    *SIGH*
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    DX2 wrote: »
    :pI added it as this thread moves so fast and people tend to repeat the same question, and I was kinda hoping that no one else would copy and paste the list again as it's hell scrolling down to a new post...alas it didn't work :rolleyes:

Yes good point DX2......:T:T

and then what did I do?:eek:
    post the link.......:o oops.........:D

Attention folks.........you will find the link to check your postal codes for triggers on CWP in "DX2" Signature.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • DX2
    Options
    Yes good point DX2......:T:T

and then what did I do?:eek:
    post the link.......:o oops.........:D

Attention folks.........you will find the link to check your postal codes for triggers on CWP in "DX2" Signature.;)
    :D Handy when I venture outside the benefits section aswell, actually I wouldn't be surprised if it's not removed overnight/morning.
    *SIGH*
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2 payments due, will check if theyve gone in tomorrow. Just as well its bloody freezing here, had to put the heating on early
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    :D Handy when I venture outside the benefits section aswell, actually I wouldn't be surprised if it's not removed overnight/morning.

lol yeah your right.........and hopefully it will be kept on here, good luck.:D;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Freebie_Hunter_2
    Options
    Hi there
    hope you can connect to this one here, I have been okay with this link but not everyone have been, good luck.;)
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_183612.pdf

Thanks Di, that's the PDF that's been popular today. I guess there's no 'working' postcode checker in circulation. Cheeky sots! (mis-spelled for a reason!)
    Watch out people. You don't know what lurks around the corner for you![/SIZE]
  • preciousillusions
    Options
    :whistle: argh certainly hasn't been one of the words that has come out of my mouth today regarding CWP.

How do you mean? I was just trying to express my frustration lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure