We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

cold weather payment postcode search [merged]

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    DX2 wrote: »
    Phone very early! and give us an update when you can thanks. :)

Will do thank you.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    edited 5 January 2010 at 8:23PM
    Options
    SingleSue wrote: »
    This is all sounding rather similar to my experience this morning where I was informed that because I don't have the child bit on my income support but get it on CTC. it has to come from them....and their system failed dismally last year to pick up those entitled to it.

That is strange.........:confused:, just as long as there is a severe premium disability this is what should count, and CTC are not going to award CWP.........seems like they are all getting confused doesn't it?
    If you don't mind me asking, as note you said about Income support, are you a carer where you receive the carer premium for this?
    Not that it should make any difference though.......I don't think.
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    This is all sounding rather similar to my experience this morning where I was informed that because I don't have the child bit on my income support but get it on CTC. it has to come from them....and their system failed dismally last year to pick up those entitled to it.
    Sue please phone early tomorrow I am sure I missed out last year becasue of this, in my letter I have asked them nicely to check my entitlement for previous years.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • di3004
    Options
    DX2, did receive an automated response from JCP here below, I expect you received this as well:

This is an auto-reply. Please note that your email has been sent to a central team in Jobcentre Plus, not to your local Jobcentre or Jobcentre Plus office.
    We regret we cannot guarantee a personal response if your question has been answered on our Frequently Asked Questions page or the other parts of our website mentioned below. Please check these carefully.
    National Insurance Numbers - to apply for a National Insurance number, you should contact the National Insurance appointment booking line on 0845 6000 643. For advice on replacing lost or stolen cards, and changing personal details on your card, together with other queries about National Insurance numbers, please ring the National Insurance Registration Helpline on 0845 915 7006
    For advice about your benefit claim or benefits you may be entitled to and how to claim them, or for advice on looking for job or training opportunities, please follow the links from the Homepage of the Jobcentre Plus website.
    If you are a student, or about to leave school, college or university, please also follow the links from the Home page for advice on benefits, jobs or training.
    We will send your enquiry on to the most relevant office. They will aim to reply to you within 10 working days of receiving your enquiry. If your enquiry is urgent please see the contact advice on the benefits, jobs or employers sections of the website.
  • di3004
    Options
    Up to 10 working days for a response though.
    A letter will be quicker then, even though we will also ring first thing in the morning.;)
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    That is strange.........:confused:, just as long as there is a severe premium disability this is what should count, and CTC are not going to award CWP.........seems like they are all getting confused doesn't it?
    If you don't mind me asking, as note you said about Income support, are you a carer where you receive the carer premium for this?
    Not that it should make any difference though.......I don't think.

The lady (a different team to the normal phone answerers, this one actually went into my file) was very sure about it being CTC dept to sort out.

I get carers, IS plus the severe disability element on CTC .
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • di3004
    Options
    The lady (a different team to the normal phone answerers, this one actually went into my file) was very sure about it being CTC dept to sort out.

I get carers, IS plus the severe disability element on CTC .

Not heard of this before to be honest, will see what they say on the phone tomorrow and post back here as soon as we know.;)
  • munchings-n-crunchings
    Options
    geoff11 wrote: »
    ring income support they pay it 0845 6001651.

I'll give that one a try.
    It seems like the minute you mention CWP, everyone frantically wants to pass the buck.

Regards
    Munchie
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 January 2010 at 8:40PM
    Options
    woodbine wrote: »
    definately NOT

Thanks hun.

Our area has had two payments triggered but I haven't received anything yet.

Shall check tomorrow as that's the day my IS and DLA go in and last year I was paid with my normal benefits payment. :)

x
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • munchings-n-crunchings
    Options
    I've jumped on DX's link to JCP.

It's a shame the emails are routed geographically.
    If one centre received the number of enquiries there were on this thread, they may get the hint.

I am really trying not be be a spoilt brat, and only just managing to keep my toys in my pram.
    It's ok for those that are getting the payments, I just wish it was me ;)

Munchie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family