Harry Hill Knitted Character

New Post Advanced Search

Harry Hill Knitted Character

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
358 replies 39.9K views
dannclan1dannclan1 Forumite
7 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
I ordered one of these from a Google Account online store along with what appears to be a lot of other people. They have updated the website saying that they were near to despatching them and they would 100% arrive in time for Xmas. However nothing has arrived and according to the Daily Mail online page a lot of people like myself are in the same position. Has anyone else had difficulties or in fact received theirs? Starting to think it has all been a big online con.

Replies

• m_13m_13 Forumite
    990 posts
    Did you order from the official website here: http://www.harryhillknittedcharacter.com

Their update page says:
    A final update for those who have already ordered from us or are considering doing so:
    > All orders made before 10/12/09 have been knitted, packed and dispatched for xmas – we dearly hope you enjoy your new knitted character.
    > All orders made after 10/12/09 will be knitted, packed and dispatched W/C 1/1/10
    When did you order?
  • Yes, I ordered from the official website through Google. They have been updating their delivery dates to, it seems, fool us into thinking it was genuine. I ordered mid Nov and was originally promised delivery w/c 7 /12 then changed to w/c 14/12 then next day delivery on 21/12.
  • FIGHT!!!
    Sorry couldn't resist. :D
    I sincerely hope you get it in time for christmas.

good luck
    DD
    The advice I give on here is based on my many years in the preservation industry. I choose to remain anonymous, I have no desire to get work from anyone. No one can give 100% accurate advice on a forum if I get it wrong you'll get a sincere apology and that's all:D
    Don't like what I have to say? Call me on 0800 KMA;)
  • veggieblobveggieblob Forumite
    556 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    no offence, honest, but why would anyone want a knitted Harry Hill :eek::eek: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::eek:
  • Its not a knitted Harry Hill, Veggieblob, but the character in the Harry Hill TV programme. There is now an online forum on the Daily Mail page that people are adding to all the time. It seems a lot of people have been scammed. This company are also taking more orders. It is all very weird as they are appear to be registered with Companies House.
  • peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIGHT!!!
    Sorry couldn't resist. :D
    I sincerely hope you get it in time for christmas.

good luck
    DD

Funniest
    po-ost
    of the
    week!
    Sorry, I couldn't resist either :rotfl:
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • toniqtoniq Forumite
    29.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were meant to arrive to arrive today, my brother ordered one, they took the money via nochex, so he has lodged a complaint with them.
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • m_13m_13 Forumite
    990 posts
    Hmm I now see that Cloth Ears in Canterbury say that they are the official supplier of the knitted character and supply the ones used on Harry Hill. Their item is here: http://www.cloth-ears.co.uk/Products/Softtoys/harry%20_hill_knitted_character.html

I see that the other site is 'based' on the character used on Harry Hill! Looks like they just cashed in.
  • ive ordered 2 the last week of november. they were quick enough to take the money from my bank account but havent kept their promise of 7-14 day turn around for delivery. latest dispatch was 171209 or yesterday for deliveries not me for 171209.

whats going on?
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me
  • at the top of their web page it shows 'made to order' despeatch jan 2010. the emails ive been receiving are aying they are knitting them yet when i ordered it said limited stock which would make you think they already had a stock already knitted.

im getting very dubious about this now.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support