Money Moral Dilemma: Should Tom recycle his ex's Xmas presents?

Comments

• tallgirld
    tallgirld Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Yeahhhhh give them to her. No point spending more money!!
  • dawsar wrote: »
    Who wouldn't want a few pair of brand new Levi jeans?

me for one, given that they are not only at least a year out of date, style-wise, they were bought in sale, so obviously not that nice to begin with, else they wouldn't have needed to go in the sale!!!!

i agree we should not give in to the mass consumerism of xmas, but given that the antithesis of that would be to give really thoughtful, personally chosen presents, i don't think tom should give the ex's pressies - that is not thougtful, it's just tight.

interestingly my husband said he should do it - i think men prob worry less about this sort of thing!!!
  • ps - what does tom's wife katy think about him giving presents to his girlfriend??? what's he giving katy for xmas???
  • No. Why should his new woman get his ex's cast offs? She should mean more to him than that. He should give them away to a good cause. Money doesn't come into it.
  • JJ7
    JJ7 Posts: 544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm sure it would be fine until he spies the mug he's given her and asks 'shall I put the kettle on Nicole.....................
  • of course he should:p
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,543 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I wonder whether Tom had Nichole's size in mind when seeking out a new/replacement girlfriend.

Now that is money saving. :rotfl:
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    no no no and NO!! This is NEVER ok! Even if they are all designer made- if needs must, sell them and use the money to buy new stuff, but don't give your new girlfr cast offs from your ex! Thats just asking for trouble!
  • "Oh these? I bought these for Nicole but we went our own ways before I could give them to her. Do you know anyone who could use them? If not I'll put them on eBay." (Mug not included in above items, give that to friend/brother to pass on)
    Then buy Penny a completely different Christmas gift.
    It may not be the best moneysaving, but it's the best relationship saving IMO.
    Try saying "I have under-a-pound in my wallet" and listen to people react!
  • Of course he should give them to her. At least he has even noticed which size she is which is more than my OH does at this time of year!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure