IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Send a card to a private parking co. this Christmas!

edited 17 December 2009 at 9:20PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
132 replies 25.2K views

Replies

• ParanoidParanoid Forumite
    149 Posts
    Forumite
    Do a search on the companys house database, it should cost you £1. This will give you the registered office to where writs should be addressed.

Good luck with your action Brian. Registered Office address is correct for issuing summons and is available on Companies House website without even paying £1. When the court sends via 1st Class post it is deemed to have been served.
    BUT you must be aware that winning a case DOES NOT mean you will get your money, unfortunately. YOU will have to initiate further action. A Ltd company can use many ploys to escape.
    The company I took to court changed their RO address 5 times and now use an address in Cornwall! They operate in West London/Buckinghamshire and are now in a second reincarnation under a new name.
  • A search of the Land Registry will show who owns the land - they are the ones who will pay up when taken to Court, so don't miss them off the claim, BR1AN.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ParanoidParanoid Forumite
    149 Posts
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    A search of the Land Registry will show who owns the land - they are the ones who will pay up when taken to Court, so don't miss them off the claim, BR1AN.

Quite. We were awarded £900 against the landowners managing agents, which was paid. They sacked the clampers. The £12,400 we were awarded against the clampers has never been paid, the company going down the route of floating a "new" company. And now a further phoenix company after, allegedly, 8 more CCJ's

I must see if I have a family Tartan before a move to Scotland............
  • BR1ANBR1AN Forumite
    4 Posts
    Frontline Parking Service LTD
    Company No. 06055884
    P.O. Box 966
    West Drayton
    UB8 9JP

(Mail to the street address gets wedged behind a sign on a fence. - Will be wasted!)
  • edited 7 March 2010 at 11:21AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    107K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 7 March 2010 at 11:21AM
    BR1AN wrote: »
    Company No. 06055884
    P.O. Box 966
    West Drayton
    UB8 9JP

(Mail to the street address gets wedged behind a sign on a fence. - Will be wasted!)

Hmmm...too late to send them a Christmas card and I'm afraid I can't change the front page addy for Frontline back to a P O Box address, based on a post by a newbie (sorry, I would need more evidence of addy). I think the addy I have there came from a source at pepipoo.

I see from your first post that you are trying to get your money back from a private clamping. If so then I would advise you to post about it on pepipoo here if you have not already done so (they have much more clamping reclaim expertise than us):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • CoblcrisCoblcris Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    BR1AN wrote: »
    Company No. 06055884
    P.O. Box 966
    West Drayton
    UB8 9JP

I take it that this is done because the given address does not in fact exist ?
    If so then contact the Post Office and get them to withdraw the P.O. box.
    P.O. boxes must be backed by a real address although ot seems that the POst Office does not check and use of non-existent numbers is commonplace among these companies.

Have a look at the Terms of Use for P.O. box numbers.
  • BR1ANBR1AN Forumite
    4 Posts
    Coblcris wrote: »
    I take it that this is done because the given address does not in fact exist ?
    If so then contact the Post Office and get them to withdraw the P.O. box.
    P.O. boxes must be backed by a real address although ot seems that the POst Office does not check and use of non-existent numbers is commonplace among these companies.

Have a look at the Terms of Use for P.O. box numbers.

Thanks for that, but the address DOES exist and I believe they DID occupy it but have left there about 6 months ago. I have now written to the Office of Fair Trading. We will see what they say. I will contact Royal mail on your suggestion and we will see what they say too. Will keep you posted!
  • CoblcrisCoblcris Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    The Post Office should withdraw the P.O. box number, or reroute to an occupied real address.
  • BR1ANBR1AN Forumite
    4 Posts
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Hmmm...too late to send them a Christmas card and I'm afraid I can't change the front page addy for Frontline back to a P O Box address, based on a post by a newbie (sorry, I would need more evidence of addy). I think the addy I have there came from a source at pepipoo.

I see from your first post that you are trying to get your money back from a private clamping. If so then I would advise you to post about it on pepipoo here if you have not already done so (they have much more clamping reclaim expertise than us):

HTH

Thanks, I did post a question there and got good advice. (same user name) I have found other useful info there and made some progress. My next step is to submit the claim to the small claims court against the clampers and landowner. I have also been very active, been back to the site to take pictures, got attacked and camera broken by another clamper (Assault case in progress) back again to put up warning notices and covertly videoed them taking them down,(for the clamping case to show intent to make a profit) & meeting with others clamped there who also wish to actively campaign against them.

It is my plan to try get enough :mad: people and their friendsto stand vigil in shifts to put up notices (just paper cos they will take them down again) and take pics of them taking them down and warn all potential victims of their presence. If this could be spread out by enough people through the UK the large majority will shut down. They cannot survive if they aren't clamping anyone!!! If well enough coordinated this could be our legal way of taking them down. The more that close the more soldiers we will have to target the remainder!
    Any support, advice, leaders for areas, volunteers, web page hosts, lists of clampers favourites etc etc will be welcome.

PS: I am new to forums (Just found the button for emails when reply's are posted) so dont know my way around yet. How would you and I for example make private contact if desired without making it public? :beer:
  • anewmananewman Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As all the shops are reminding me, that time of year isn't far away now. Might be a good idea to start planning what Christmas card you will send your favourite PPC! If I have some spare time I *might* try knock up a downloadable one to print out and send off.

Also a good time to collate a nice list of addresses for the thread, bonus points for finding non P O Box ones for PPC's that only give out a P O Box address, extreme bonus points for the home addresses of director etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals