IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Send a card to a private parking co. this Christmas!

edited 17 December 2009 at 9:20PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
132 replies 25.2K views

Replies

• fb1969fb1969 Forumite
    549 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

I love this bit

"Unlike wheel clamping, parking control through the issue of PCNs to vehicles parked illegally on private land does not require a licence from the SIA. The PCN self ticketing system is ethical, lawful, cost effective, fully enforceable, and an extremely efficient method of eliminating illegal parking on your land."

:D:D:D:D
  • False advertising, If it was effective they would not make any money.
  • BGS Services Limited
    Hawks House
    School Passage
    Kingston upon Thames
    Surrey KT1 3DU

They, too, need to be included in this particular campaign.
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Parkforce
    Owned by

WILSEA SERVICES LIMITED
    36 CHESTER SQUARE
    ASHTON UNDER LYNE
    LANCASHIRE
    OL6 7TW

This is the company that calls itself "The U.K. Parking Enforcement Agency" thus implying that it's some sort of government department.

How many laws and "codes of practice" have been broken by doing that?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • James_NJames_N Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Again:

This was NOT a case based on someone stating "I was not the driver and I am not telling you who was".

I specifically asked for 1 case that had been taken to court and defended/won on this basis.

Please read the question in FULL before answering, it helps :confused:

AFAIK this was also an undefended case so a judgement by default which was set aside later.

it blows a central plank of the parking rules private companies THINK they operate under: there is no LOSS from overstaying in most circumstances (in my case post 1800 on a Saturday - when the car park was almost empty) and the resulting charge can only be an UNFAIR penalty. This applies whatever the status of driver / RK there is.

In my case I am sulking: I was not the driver. I am the RK. Loads of money was spent in the shops at the site. I've got only THREE threatening letters and it seems the private PCN Co. in my case have stopped playing. I'd love them to try and take me on. Gutted.
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    These chancers have just been mentioned on a thread, sending rubbish solicitors' letters wittering on about the rk's 'legal' obligations and not bothering to find out who the driver was (even though they are apparently members of the BPA):

Richard Evans
    Local Parking Security Ltd
    P.O. Box 1752,
    Stratford Upon Avon,
    Warwickshire,
    CV37 0XW

http://www.localparkingsecurity.co.uk/default.htm

I will add these and the last 2 addresses (thanks for posting, sorry I missed them, been busy!) to the list in case anyone wants to send them some greetings from the MSE forums.

Even a late Christmas card conveying our opinion of their 'industry' would be worth the stamp!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • BR1ANBR1AN Forumite
    4 Posts
    Could someone please post the real physical address of Frontline Parking Service Ltd, because it is not 127-131 Station Road West Drayton? Or how does one find the true address and how does one find the landlord of the property? I wish to go to court for my money back plus damages! There were no warning signs when I got clamped.
  • anewmananewman Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    BR1AN wrote: »
    Could someone please post the real physical address of Frontline Parking Service Ltd, because it is not 127-131 Station Road West Drayton? Or how does one find the true address and how does one find the landlord of the property? I wish to go to court for my money back plus damages! There were no warning signs when I got clamped.
    Issue to the address you have *AND* the landowner's. You can get the landowner's details from the land registry.
  • Do a search on the companys house database, it should cost you £1. This will give you the registered office to where writs should be addressed.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • CoblcrisCoblcris Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    BR1AN wrote: »
    Report that fact to Companies House Technical Compliance Team as that is the registered address on Companies House. Their Company Return is also long overdue so add that.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides