🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• T1Cybernetic
    T1Cybernetic Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 December 2010 at 4:07PM
    Options
    It's because there is a link in there emails from Hatton Garden Metals pointing to this forum ;)
    SNIP
    I do hope that you are happy with the service we provide. If so, please can you mention us to your family and friends. You can also use the forum on the Monery Saving Expert site to leave your comments.
    /SNIP

I can not post links because of my post count/new member status but the link is in the email to this thread # forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2084905
    Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)
  • Happy_Punter
    Options
    I used Hatton Garden Metals to sell 14 grams of 9ct gold and 3 grams of 14ct gold. I got a quote online, sent the gold special delivery yesterday and had an email this afternoon to say they had paid £200 into my bank account:j Way more than any quote on the High Street.

I am so pleased with the efficiency, the price I got for my old gold and the speed of payment. Really really happy top company would recommend to anyone A+++++++
  • chilliexx
    Options
    I emailed HGM with the weights of my gold and the various carats on Wednesday. I also rang them to confirm a couple of queries and they were very helpful on the phone.

I posted the gold on Thursday. I got an email Friday telling me the amount my gold was worth. I got the cheque Saturday. Very very very impressed with the service.

In total I got £755.

All in all a brilliant and efficient transaction.
  • keith_r59
    keith_r59 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    I sent my gold to HGM on Saturday using special delivery as suggested and I received an e-mail on the following Monday confirming weight and price. Excellent service.
  • totally_fried
    Options
    I am so glad I read the threads on this company. It was my first time selling gold and the whole process with this company was 1st class.
    I weighed my gold and sent it special delivery Thurs afternoon. I received an email confirming receipt Fri. and had a cheque in my hand Monday morning!!!They paid a very good price for both gold and my silver. I would highly recommend Hatton Garden metals:j
  • slee0207
    Options
    Hi, I dont normally post but after reading this thread I decided to post on here after using Hatton Garden to sell my platinum.

I sent 38.5 grams of platinum to them last Saturday morning by special delivery and recieved an email from them on Monday saying they had recieved my necklace and the price they gave me was the price on the website. The money was in my account already when I checked after work.

Excellent service all round, if you have any hesitation about using them...well don't. I would certainly use them again.
  • SansPeur
    Options
    Another satisfied customer :).
    Sent approx 61.5gm 9ct and 18gm 14ct on Monday 6 Dec.
    This was signed for by HGM at 0826 Wednesday 8th Dec. The delay with Special Delivery weather related.
    At 1115 am 8 Dec. had an email from HGM confirming weights a little less than my kitchen scales and also price based on today's Gold Fix - again a few pennies less.
    By 1215 had £877 in the bank - that is unbelievable service :j
  • jacquai
    Options
    I wanted to cash in on some old gold jewellery I'd had in my jewellery box for years since the 80's and would never wear again along with some odd earrings and broken chains. Reasearched on MoneysavingExpert and decided to use Hatton Garden Postal Co-what a great decision! Weighed it up on my kitchen scales, got a quote online and sent it off the same morning special delivery. A confirmation email arrived the next day and the money as quoted(over £1700:T) was in my bank account the next day just in time for Xmas, however just a little bit less due to some items being non gold and the price had slipped a few pence per gram that day. Nevertheless I'm very happy!
    Thank you Martin :money:
    I'd recommend this company to anyone.
  • Gettingthere52
    Options
    A big thank you to Hatton Garden Metals and this site which led me there. The items I sent were delivered at 8.29am today and by the time I looked at my emails/bank account at 1.00pm the value of them had been credited to my bank account. I was paid £10.22 per gram for 9ct gold.
    A first class transaction which paid far more than I could get locally for my scrap gold.
    I cannot recommend this site and Hatton Garden Metals highly enough as without this site I would not have known about them.
  • kbailey86
    Options
    After reading all the positive reviews on here and other places, I decided to take the risk of parting with my gold before receiving any cash....
    • When did you use it 7/12/10 approx mid day
    • What did you send it bracelet I dont wear, 9ct 60.8 gm
    • How much did it promise you £631
    • How much did it deliver £614
    • How efficient was the service Very! Recieved a confirmation email at 12.20. Money had cleared in my account before 4pm!
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason Price of gold dropped slightly since posting; HGM weighed it at 60 gm (the dirt on the bracelet probably made it weigh the extra 0.8 on my scales lol)
    • Anything else other people should know Better price than any high street shop, would definitely recommend this service.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure