Options

Comments

• JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 January 2010 at 5:46PM
    Options
    nexuss wrote: »
    How many more first time poster threads from hatton workers ?
    A few probably but quite a lot of the most obvious ones have been removed. Unfortunately HGM made a rod for their own back by spamming the forum so heavily when the HGM/gold selling threads were started, so know even genuine first posters are met with suspicion. Suppose that's the price you pay for spamming though. (They aren't alone though, another gold company has tried spamming here too, I shan't mention them and give them any more publicity though)
  • easygirl1
    Options
    have sent 2 lots of gold one on 4 Jan 2010 and one on 6/1//10
    great service, money was in my account 1 hour after they recieved my parcel
    i would have no reservations at all reccomending this outfit
    ignore the other posts regarding scams etc, i got £245, and £761 for my giold , which was roughly double my local jeweller offered

fantastic service
    Thanks
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    easygirl1 wrote: »
    ignore the other posts regarding scams
    Well that comment instantly devalues your recommendation :rolleyes:
  • elaine35uk
    Options
    I have only ever viewed this forum for advice and never needed to post before so am a newbie but as I searched MSE for sound advice on which gold buying firm to use and chose this company based on that search I felt it important to add details of my experience. I only had rough kitchen scales and thought I had about 23 grams which on Dec 29th the website quoted me £187. I posted on Tuesday (but I'm in Manchester and the snow hit us hard and the post office did say it may not go that day) I have checked my email tonight and they have paid £190.55 for 22.4 grams a bit of that was 14 carat but most was 9 carat. Checked my bank and the money was in already. All I can say is that I am most impressed and would use them again (if I had anything else to flog!).
  • Pauls
    Pauls Posts: 752 Forumite
    Options
    HGM just paid out for our scrap :j:j

Had a slight problem due to our enquiry being before xmas and the delivery not until aterwards, and their automated system cancelled the enqiury due to the time delay.

Spoke to them first thing this morning though, they have since investigated and their response was that someone had signed for it, and although they had no record of our stuff on their system they were happy to pay us out. 2 Minutes later the cash is in our bank account, sorted :beer:
  • Bykerlass
    Bykerlass Posts: 941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anyone explain to me the procedure for sending off your gold items. I have an 18ct gold bracelet which weighs 83g on my kitchen scales and some various other gold items. The others I am unsure whether they are 9ct or 18ct. I have seen their online forms where you fill in your items by ct and weight and submit this form with your details. I know you send the gold by special delivery but don't you have to put something in this parcel with your details etc? Pardon me if I am dumb and have missed something somewhere. What if you are not sure what is 9ct and what is 18ct? what do you submit on the online form?
    I USED TO BE INDECISIVE BUT NOW I'M NOT SO SURE!

Rich people tell you that money doesn't bring you happiness just so the poor people don't feel jealous.
  • ianonline
    ianonline Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bykerlass wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me the procedure for sending off your gold items. I have an 18ct gold bracelet which weighs 83g on my kitchen scales and some various other gold items. The others I am unsure whether they are 9ct or 18ct. I have seen their online forms where you fill in your items by ct and weight and submit this form with your details. I know you send the gold by special delivery but don't you have to put something in this parcel with your details etc? Pardon me if I am dumb and have missed something somewhere. What if you are not sure what is 9ct and what is 18ct? what do you submit on the online form?
    After you've submitted the online form, they sent you an email confirmation which you print off and enclose with your gold.
    If you're not sure what grade or weight your gold is, I'd recommend taking it somewhere local first to get it valued before sending it off to HGM (otherwise, you'd just have to assume it's 9 carat and rely on HGM to give you an accurate valuation when they receive it). The online valuation is indicative only - the amount you actually receive is based on their valuation taking into account the weight and grade as assessed by them when they receive your gold, and also the gold price on the date of receipt. ;)
  • Bykerlass
    Options
    ianonline wrote: »
    After you've submitted the online form, they sent you an email confirmation which you print off and enclose with your gold.
    If you're not sure what grade or weight your gold is, I'd recommend taking it somewhere local first to get it valued before sending it off to HGM (otherwise, you'd just have to assume it's 9 carat and rely on HGM to give you an accurate valuation when they receive it). The online valuation is indicative only - the amount you actually receive is based on their valuation taking into account the weight and grade as assessed by them when they receive your gold, and also the gold price on the date of receipt. ;)

Thanks Ianonline for the info. I have submitted the online form and yes I did receive the email as you said. Many thanks. :beer:
    I USED TO BE INDECISIVE BUT NOW I'M NOT SO SURE!

Rich people tell you that money doesn't bring you happiness just so the poor people don't feel jealous.
  • bronsky
    Options
    I have just sent my gold to hatton garden metals after reading the feedback on this site. I sent my gold special delivery monday afternoon and my money was paid into my account tuesday afternoon with more or less the same amount quoted (give or take a few pence). Definately worth sending, great service.:T
  • ILoveSandals
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant service again, at the end of last year I used them for my mums gold and she was delighted with the amount (more than double what she thought) and yesterday I sent a package with 2 seperate small bags of gold, one which was my mother-in-laws. As before I got my email earlier today and the money has also been paid into my account.

For my gold I received £580 and my mother-in-law £530 and she had been quoted £270 from a local jeweller.

Would definately use them again as I have more gold to send.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback