HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• ciano125
    ciano125 Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I took some old jewellery to Herbert Brown in Leeds the other day after having had a look on HGM's website. I had a mixture of 9ct, 14ct and 18ct although I didn't know what weights exactly, I knew the lot came to about 30g. Therefore, even if it had all been 9ct gold it would have been worth about £250. HB offered me £160 for it, so I said I could get a lot more than that and told her where from. I asked how much per gram they were paying and she said "we're not allowed to divulge that information" although because I'd got her to write down how many grams of each carat I had it wouldn't have been difficult to work out. She also said "we'll match anyone in Leeds but those internet companies are all a rip off". Hmmm, pot/kettle mean anything? :rolleyes: It's clearly not hard to work out why they don't advertise the price they pay per gram either.

I then went to a dealer in Queens Arcade who offered me £190 although her attitude stunk as well, when I went to put it all back in the little bag I had brought it in she said "I'm not bothered about it anyway". Silly woman, could have offered me £50 more and still been in profit (if I didn't already know about HGM of course!)

Same story as everyone else though, posted yesterday by special delivery, email this morning at 11am telling me £321 had been paid into my account, £1 more than I was expecting. An excellent company and one that certain "dealers" in Leeds could do well to learn a thing or two from.

I also did an experian credit check on HGM and they came back as C last year (caution) and A (confident) this year. I'm not surprised. Well done. :T
  • Aries
    Aries Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    I posted 18g of mixed oddments earrings, broken chains, and a cheap ring I bought in Greece.
    I wasnt expecting much for them, but I got £144 put into my account next day.
    I am very pleased.:T
    Member of the £2 savers club.£320
    so far
    saving for Holiday :j

You are never too Old to learn new tricks.:rotfl:
  • karenlyth25
    Options
    I sent my gold to Hatton Garden Metals on Friday based on the reviews here. I received a cheque for £128.00 this morning for my gold. More than I was quoted in a jewellers and by Cash for Gold.

I would work with them again without a doubt and no I have no connection with this company.

:o:o:o:o:beer::o:o:o:o
  • daveg72
    daveg72 Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    I sent in some gold to them had previously been offered £160 ended up with £350 next day from Hatton Garden Metals. Only used them after reading this thread and was very, very happy with the service.
  • frugallass
    frugallass Posts: 2,320 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I sent my old gold to them by special delivery £4.95, two days later I received my cheque and it cleared in the account with no problems - I would highly recommend them and am now on the hunt for more old unwanted jewellery !:beer:
  • bluemars
    Options
    Firstly I sent my gold to Money4Gold who offered £58.94 :mad: for 20gramms. Then Martins newsletter arrived with the link to the gold selling reviews which having read I asked for my gold back. Took three weeks but got the gold back. Sent the gold to Hatton on tuesday 15th dec and recieved £264.80 :jtoday wednesday 16th dec. Very happy with this and their services.
    Would like to Thank Martin :beer: without the email arriving the same week I first sent the gold off I would of happily accepted any offer as i had no idea what type of gold I had. But based on the reviews I did further research and and worked out that 20gramms of gold even at 9ct would have been worth over £150. it turned out to be 15ct hence the £264. :D
  • Julia4
    Options
    Having been well and truly stung by Money4Gold and taken some 3 months to retrieve my gold from them (which they informed me was not precious metal) I was absolutely delighted by the service provided by Hatton Garden. In the space of 2 days, they sent £816 directly into my bank account. I can highly recommend this fair-dealing and reliable service. Many thanks to them. You have restored my faith in internet dealings.
  • nettttie
    Options
    sent: Yesterday
    expected: about £400 (or more but think price of gold dropped today)
    got: £421

paid by bacs today :T
  • chelar
    Options
    I used Hatton Gold Metals, after taking my unwanted gold to a local high street jewellers that were offering cash for gold. They offered me £225 for my 44gms of gold, i received £341 from Hatton Gold. They are exactly what they say. I received my payment the day they received my gold. Would definatley recommend and use again - if i had more unwanted gold.
  • Karen66
    Karen66 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Hi and big thanks for this thread. I used HGM after seeing reviews on here. I sent gold away on Thursday, due to the bad weather it was unable to be delivered until this morning. Money was in by bank account just after lunchtime.
    Brilliant service what you see is what you get with no hidden charges. Big thanks again to you all as I am now £450 richer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback