Cheap Florida Theme Parks Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• Rizza
    Options
    Hi,

If you are looking for one ticket to cover all the major parks at a good price check out:

attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk

I have used this company and can confirm they are very reliable. You get real tickets and not vouchers. Your tickets are sent within 7 days and you can pay a deposit to secure tickets for next year at current prices.

I am going in June 2011 and will be booking the above ticket.

Rizza
  • coopsxx
    coopsxx Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Can someone help me out, I am quite confused by all this.

I am wanting to book tickets for 2 to:
    - Discovery Cove (inc. a Dolphin Swim)
    - Islands of Adventure
    - Busch Gardens

Looked at the recommended sites but it is very confusing.
    I not sure if i can get any combination tickets?

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks
  • wookeywarn
    Options
    No there isnt a combo for them all - which is probably deliberate!

I think it all depends on how long you want to visit each?

Floridatix is offering Discovery Cove & 14 days Busch gdns for £155 adult. You would then add £80 to that for a 14 day universal ticket. This is cheaper than getting an Orlando Flex ticket and your DC ticket.

That said, i have only looked at one site. If you only want to visit each park once, it may be worth looking at their individual websites and the price of their tickets. I doubt there will be much in it but worth a look.

Also worth considering that once you get there, every street corner and shop has booklets with a few dollars off here and there but its not guaranteed to be a good deal.

Steph
  • richies
    Options
    Hi,

I'm stopping in Orlando just for 2 days on the way down to Miami, and we only want to visit Universal Islands of Adventure for one day.

All I can find are the $79 plus tax tickets for this on Universal's own website, all the other sites seem to offer 2+ day bundles which would be false economy for us.

Any ideas if there's a way to beat these prices? I'm also wondering if it will just work out cheaper to buy at the gate on the day...

Thanks!
  • KarenG
    KarenG Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    richies wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm stopping in Orlando just for 2 days on the way down to Miami, and we only want to visit Universal Islands of Adventure for one day.

All I can find are the $79 plus tax tickets for this on Universal's own website, all the other sites seem to offer 2+ day bundles which would be false economy for us.

Any ideas if there's a way to beat these prices? I'm also wondering if it will just work out cheaper to buy at the gate on the day...

Thanks!

It won't be cheaper to buy on the gate on the day.

There is no cheap way to buy one day tickets to the theme parks. Some people recommend buying from the ticket booths that buy back others' used tickets. I haven't done it - and wouldn't - but many do and save money.
  • bhughes_2
    bhughes_2 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    HI everyone
    know im a bit dumb but where do you start with zero knowledge but know you want to take your partner and two children to florida & the parks?
    I really dont know where to start!
    Any advice would really be appreciated.

:)
  • SnowBelle_2
    Options
    bhughes wrote: »
    HI everyone
    know im a bit dumb but where do you start with zero knowledge but know you want to take your partner and two children to florida & the parks?
    I really dont know where to start!
    Any advice would really be appreciated.

:)
    Hi,I'm not sure if I can post about another website,so apologies to Mods beforehand if they wish to remove this post.
    https://www.thedibb.co.uk is brilliant for all your Florida questions.
    Good Luck...it's a great place and one time is never enough!
  • jeanniebeanie_2
    jeanniebeanie_2 Posts: 635 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2011 at 9:10PM
    Options
    KarenG wrote: »
    It won't be cheaper to buy on the gate on the day.

There is no cheap way to buy one day tickets to the theme parks. Some people recommend buying from the ticket booths that buy back others' used tickets. I haven't done it - and wouldn't - but many do and save money.

I'm with Karen on this. We Need a 3 day 2 park Universal pass at the end of a Florida/Georgia/S Carolina trip and the cheapest ticket for us is the £80 14day pass which seems ridiculous overkill. Like Karen we have never used the ticket booths, but we are considering trying to SELL our remaining 11 days to a booth. Nothing to lose really.......unless someone here knows a downside? I guess there is no illegality or anything to doing this?
  • jot39
    Options
    Hi...Ive been looking at a company called Attraction tickets direct and they offer a Orlando Freedom ticket which inc entry to all disney theme park - all univeral theme parks & sea world....Can anyone please tell me if the company is safe to use. They are working out to be the best and they will offer 10% dep and balance for tickets 4 weeks before travel and that the prices wont increase. Any info would be aprreciated. Thanks
  • SnowBelle_2
    Options
    For those people who may consider selling tickets on or buying them used please be aware that most of the theme parks use fingerprint technology for entrance as well as proof of ticket,so buying used ones will be worthless.
    Some dedicated Disney forums do not even allow this subject to be brought up and people are being warned that it is prohibited.
    Please be careful if you are tempted to do this as it may possibly end in disappointment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback