🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cheap Florida Theme Parks Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• Cyborg32
    Options
    Hi all, We go to Orlando next week for 2 weeks, after endless searching for the best value Disney tickets, I was in the Trafford Centre Disney store the other day and we got 14 day ultimate tickets for £225 adult and £198 for children and they were in stock so no waiting for the post etc. The staff were very helpful as well.
  • sooz80
    Options
    Iam looking to purchase tickets it is called Magical "Yourway" 14 day ticket, purchased from Magical ticket web site. Has anyone used this site before. The deal seems a bit too good day to be true, 6 days disney plus water parks. 14 unlimited universal, bush gardens, sea world and Aquatica. The price is 353 adult, 325 child, what do people think?
  • itsapleasure
    Options
    Hi, Can anyone let me know whether they have received a refund from Theme Park Tickets Direct .... to give me some hope.:(
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Theme Park Tickets Direct look bleak here:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews195445.html
  • sooz80
    Options
    mgirl wrote: »
    We are going to Orlando for two weeks - probably will not visit Disney parks as my boys prefer the coasters at Universal. But they do like Blizzard Beach - anyone know if you can buy tickets just for there, or pay on entry?

Anyone recommend good dinner shows and the best deals for them?

Thanks
    You can buy Blizzard Beach tickets try maple leaf site aaround $44 or pay on gate which is more.

Please can any one give me informaiton on magicalticket website going to buy the tickets but are they a good ticket agency???
  • MJwalsh
    MJwalsh Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, Can anyone let me know whether they have received a refund from Theme Park Tickets Direct .... to give me some hope.:(

Hi,
    I did eventually get a refund from them but ended up going through my bank and putting it into dispute. Not sure whether the bank sorted it out for me or the numerous tearful calls made to them accusing them of "stealing my money". It's so stressful. I'd contact your bank to help if you've still not got your refund.
    Good luck. You have my sympathy!
  • gingefam
    gingefam Posts: 48 Forumite
    edited 18 August 2010 at 5:35PM
    Options
    If wishing to buy MagicYourWay tickets in the UK before you go I tend to buy from www.OrlandoAttractions.com. Real tickets quickly delivered. No cc charges and free delivery in the UK if ordering WDW tickets. Put them in your basket in USD and go through to checkout - click to convert to GBP so no cc currency exchange conversion fees to pay. (Their conversion rates are reasonable too). Very highly recommended on www.thedibb.co.uk - which has loads of ticket advice on the tickets forum there too.

Three other things worth mentioning

1) - UK style Ultimates and Premium tickets are YEAR specific. MYW tickets are not. You can buy now and use them in 2012 if you wish.

2) - check the terms of your insurance carefully. Many insurance policies do not cover the cost of tickets that you are not able to use if you cancel your holiday.

Found this out to my cost this year when my holiday was cancelled on medical grounds. £1500 on tickets for Orlando were uninsured (Fortis - Post Office if interested). Luckily I had bought MYW tickets so could use them next year instead; if I had bought Ultimates for 2010 then I would not have been so lucky. So also have a quick squint at the refund policy of the company you are dealing with just in case.

3) - you can get real tickets or vouchers. What you use is personal preference.

However, it is worth noting that as with (the recently demised) ThemeParkTicketsDirect some companies take your money, provide you with a voucher - or on occaision hard tickets etc and have a charge back facility which means that they ONLY pay the theme park for the ticket at the point at which you collect it / activate it.

Thus many people unfortunately have been caught out as thier tickets that they have bought in good faith will not now be redeemed by WDW and/or other parks as there is no company to charge it back to. IMHO it is worth checking that the company you are buying the tickets from are paying for them at the point in time that they are selling them to you. Prevents any problems in the future.
  • vickyc651
    Options
    Budget_mum wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering the 5 park combo as we've never done Busch Gardens before. We did Wet n Wild last time and whilst it was fun it doesn't look as good as Aquatica.

Having looked at the Aquatica website I'm wondering about seating. Can anyone who's been advise how easy it is to base yourself somewhere in the park without the added expense of a sun lounger or cabana.

There is no charge for Sunbeds etc in Aquatica and is so far better that the dated Wet n Wild x
  • yoghurt
    yoghurt Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Hi We are 2 families (4 adults/5 kids ranging from 6 to 13 ) staying for 7 days in a rented villa in Lindfields, Florida 9 (will have flown down from New York). We are hiring a van so have own transport.

I am trying to prepare/plan our itinerary so we do not waste time-however there is an overload of info to read. We want to see Disney/Universal (inc Harry Potter ride)/water park and possibly swim with dolphins

I realise this is subjective but would appreciate any recommendations on whether we should get multi passes or individual tickets and how feasible our wish list is

Many thanks

Yoghurt
  • wookeywarn
    Options
    I'm going in Feb next year and want WDW and Universal tickets. Any views on the best time to buy my tickets? Do they go down off-peak and therefore best to wait or are the prices pretty much the same with various special offers?

The WDW 14 days for 7 ends on 1 Nov - or does it ...?!

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks

Steph
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills