Cheap Florida Theme Parks Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have just booked 2 park tickets (universal studios and island of adventure) unlimited 14 day access on (all the www's) onlineflorida.co.uk the tickets were £93 for adults (cheapest i have found them). Price includes free recorded delivery of the actual tickets, no e-vouchers.

Wanted to let you know that online florida is the same company as travelrepublic.co.uk although travel republic also offers the same tickets they will will hit you with a fee when paying by debit or credit card. So to save on the fee's book through onlineflorida.co.uk.

Same ticket (and company) but with no booking fees! They have also got a good deal on the Arabian nights dinner & show for £19! cheapest i have found it yet!

Hope the above helps.

(for some reason i wasnt allowed to post actual links)
  • ItsIllak
    ItsIllak Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just a quick note - I go to Florida most years and just started looking for my tickets for this year.

I don't value park hopping all that much but looking at it all this year, it seems as if, despite the relatively good exchange rate, the UK tickets are the best buy for a two week holiday.

The 14 day UK ticket is only a little more expensive than the 5 day magic your way + more tickets and gives you park hopping as well. Also, with the 2% quidco cashback, it's just as cheap as the cheapest discounter I can find (american attractions) once all the postage, discounts and charges are included.

The only better deal I can see is if you know you'll be going back twice within the next 12 months, then the annual pass is still the way to go as it offers free parking.

Just my advice...
  • marilynnnx
    Options
    I'm going in 10/09/2012 and I've just ordered my tickets from floridaescapes. There's five of us going (all adults) and have just got 14 day Disney ticket and Orlando Flexticket to include all Universal and SeaWorld. This came to £409pp including postage and credit card fee. This is the cheapest I have found. I'll let you know when I get them.
  • marilynnnx
    Options
    Just got them. Took 12 days for them to arrive, not too bad. Now I'm excited! :dance:
  • tashmatthews
    Options
    Hi

Any advice greatly received

Going to Florida sept 13

We don't know what ticket to get. Obviously the shop we booked in are trying to convince us to buy the most expensive but at £500 a ticket this is a huge amount especially when there are 7 of us

We are going for 2 weeks, we have 5 children, so the main attraction are of course Disney itself, universal studios, sea world( can this be done in a day) and then whatever else we choose to do

I have no idea what ticket to get, or even where to get it from

Thanks
    I love a Bargain :beer:
  • Crispy_Ambulance
    Options
    The article mentions the i-ride trolley - we bought a weekly ticket and found it to be a complete waste of time and money. The traffic on I Drive means that the trolleys take forever and they don't go to any of the parks, despite what the article says.
    "Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."
  • Disney_ju
    Options
    If you're visiting Seaworld, the all day dining ticket @ $33 for adults is a good buy. You can eat from park opening when one of the restaurants serves hot breakfast, cereal, muffins, etc until an hour before park close. It includes main meal, a side or dessert and a drink every time you go through the queue. We bought it in the summer and got our money back on drinks and lunch on their own so breakfast, dinner and snacks (fresh fruit and cookies) were basically free, plus it encouraged us to get to the park early for breakfast rather than hang around the villa. And if you have opted to buy the annual pass, it's always 10% off & they do special deals aswell (we had adult dining tickets for the price of child tickets when we were there).
  • Blanchey
    Options
    Can anyone give us any tips on how to get a good deal on tickets for Disneyland California, rather than Florida?

Also any tips for how best to spend the day there?

• jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Blanchey wrote: »
    Can anyone give us any tips on how to get a good deal on tickets for Disneyland California, rather than Florida?

Also any tips for how best to spend the day there?

When we went to Disneland the best deals were online, but the Disney desk at the hotel matched the online price.
    The two parks in California are smaller than the Florida parks so they are much easier to get around but best tip, as always, is to be there before park opening and you can usually get more done in the first 2-3 hours than in the rest of the day, particularly at busy/peak times (maybe not needed so much at quieter times)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • headpin
    headpin Posts: 780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Disneyland is usually quieter after about 9.00 in the evening too, after the parade. In the main, the tourists are from the US and tend to leave then. Not so many Brits are Euros as in Orlando.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback