PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How can i clean a leather suite / sofa

Options

Comments

• joaniemerc
    Options
    greengrass wrote:
    Hi

I have got a cream leather sofa and my friend recommended johnsons baby wipes, they are absolutely brilliant, it comes up like new every time i give it a good clean, good luck.

Thanks Greengrass - will give this a try.:T
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    please dont use baby wipes as over time they will damage your leather and the insurance will not pay out when i worked for a furniture co we advised all our customers to use pure soap flakes as this is all natural
    good luck i am glad i bought black leather now as doesnt show the dirt so much!
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use leather wipes I found in a £1 shop, or the spray they do, for any nasty marks I use a small amount of hairspray then wash it off well, got everything from blackcurrant to biro off!

I will try the soap flakes when I find them in a shop, still haven't found these yet.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • carrieparkinson
    Options
    tescos sell soap flakes. i think theyre in pink bags with summat like 'grannies' writen on it. hth
    does my bum look big in this sig?
  • cjp_2
    cjp_2 Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Thnks for everyones ideas - i'm sure to try them all of the christmas holidays!!
    :o Weight loss so far :
    Week 1 - 4.5lbs
    Week 2 - 2.5lbs = 7lbs
  • juststarting_2
    Options
    Please help.
    I have a cream leather sofa it has now got felt pen and general wear marks all over it. I tend to wipe it down with either baby wipes or a wet microfibre cloth but it still looks horrible. Any ideas how I can get the felt pen out and generally get it looking cleaner. Is there anything I should be using to treat the leather? It wasn't the most expensive but it is only a year old.
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    Kim and Aggie recommended ordinary soap on a wet cloth in their programme the other day for the general grime and wear and tear, on the basis if its gentle enough for your face, its gentle enough for leather. Never tried it myself though, I use a stardrops and water solution in a spray bottle for my dark leather sofa and this always works for me.
  • KEZZAE_2
    KEZZAE_2 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,
    My dad is a retired upholsterer and he suggested cleaning my cream leather sofa with warm soapy water (I used Stardrops), and afterwards using neutral colour shoe polish and buffing it off with a soft cloth.
    I did this last weekend and my sofa now looks really good.... it was pretty grubby as my Choc Labrador likes to lie on it.....
    Hope this helps
    Kerry
    Light bulb moment 18/03/06 Total Debt at light bulb moment approx £40k :eek:
    Total Debt now £29,973.82 :j
    Snowball date Dec 2010, but hope to clear by June 2010 if not sooner.....
    Arrgghhh......!!! :o
  • juststarting_2
    Options
    Thanks I will give soap a go, still not sure what to use on the felt pen, might try cheap hair spray. I wish I had got a brown sofa instead of cream.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure