PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Ark Property Solicitors

Options

Comments

• Sim0n
    Sim0n Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I was just searching for Arc's details as I need to contact hem and I came across this thread. I can only reiterate what others have said repeatedly on here. Avoid Arc Property Solicitors at all costs. If you decide to use them because, like I did, you think they're cheap, you do so at your own risk.

Remember CHEAP does NOT equal VALUE FOR MONEY.

If you want to know more, just read the negative feedback already on here.

If you've used them and had a positive experience then consider yourself very fortunate as I think you're in the minority.
  • goodlife81
    Options
    Do not use them. A friend of mine had the misfortune of being sucked in by them. They repeatedly let her down - never returned calls or emails etc and did not cooperate with the other side's solicitors. In the end, she and the estate agent had to do most of the work that Arc should have done and then with days to go, she sacked Arc and got someone local and reputable. Do not waste your time on Arc or whatever they are calling themselves, even if you live in Harrogate!! You will regret hiring them if you do! Good luck.:eek:
  • ajc100
    ajc100 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have just exchanged contracts with completion next week, all done through arc. I must admit I had aprehensions based on feedback read; however I cannot say a bad word about them.

Regular updates and I have always been able to contact someone to talk about my case. And very good value for money.
  • nchug
    Options
    This is my 4th purchase and I find Arc are the worst in speed and communication. I am currently going through the property purchase which started 4 and 1/2 months ago, its getting very frustrating. The agent and seller have threatened to pull out. I hardly get any response back from my numerous emails and voice messages. The online status has not been updated for more than 2 months. I would never use them again.
  • karenelainehughes
    Options
    My experience is much the same as 99% of these replies. Only other people seem to say they can contact them, I've spent 3 days with 50/60 phone calls behind me, continuous re-dial... all unanswered, messages left, nothing returned, just had email to say solicitor handling our sale has gone on holiday until mid september ... we were meant to exchange contracts this week.. no name or contract no of who she may have passed it on to. Has anyone got any way of getting them to answer a phone call or return a message, our experience is turning into a nightmare, we've been mis-led, ignored, we'll lose our buyer if this goes on much longer, our buyers solicitor has told our agent that we're dealing with the worst conveyancing company in the uk ....! They're unbelievable and shouldn't be operating, I wish I'd found this thread before using them. I'm going to take it to the legal ombudsman if there is such a thing, and report them to the law society but in the meantime I don't know what to do, at this stage, ready to exchange is it even possible to sack them and go elsewhere, or anyone who's posted good experiences, how on earth did you get anyone to answer the phone to talk to them, I've found 3 customer service phone no's & have our solicitors "direct no" but none of them get answered. At the end of my tether ...
  • movingon
    movingon Posts: 533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ring again and ask to speak to the customer complaint manager. When we dealt with them, the particular lady was called Katie, but I imagine she has probably left now as she was very stressed at the time. In the end we had to resort to doing a 200 mile trip and actually going into their offices and standing there until someone dealt with us

Never again
  • kellymebo
    Options
    I am currently using ARC for my purchase and oh my god they are awful! I have had 4 different people handle my case since i started and luckily I do get to speak to people but they just LIE! I have been told for the last 3.5 weeks that we will be ready to exchange tomorrow and suprise it doesnt happy.

I cannot explain how much stress this has caused me so please spend the extra money and go elsewhere! I wish I did:(
  • Kenza123
    Options
    Just wished I had read this thread sooner! The most terrible service ever. Calls are NEVER returned. Emails are not even acknowledged. Avoid at all costs. They are cheap but their service is below 0. Any other organisation offering this kind of service (I am using this word very loosely!) would be closed! There is a Facebook group of people who have been at the receiving end of ARC solicitors "service": I just wish I had found it sooner. I have lost the property I wanted to buy thanks to this mickey mouse outfit. They are beyond awful and would love to know how the award shown on their website was won (assuming it is genuine!). DO NOT USE THEM!
  • stormforce11
    Options
    We used arc property solicitors for the sale and purchase of our new home completing on the 20th October.
    I have no complaints, all emails and phone calls were responded to with 24 hours.
    The sale of our house was held up more than normal due to the buyers coming from abroad but this was out of control of ARC.
    Using email for all correspondence speeds things up rsther than solicitors using 2nd class mail.
    On completion I was informed immediately, accounts completed and moneys refunded within 7 days.
    Many thanks Melanie.
    Would definitely use again.
  • on2it
    Options
    AVOID AVOID AVOID SAVE YOURSELF MUCH STRESS
    Wish I had read/seen this thread before I chose them. Have always had really good experiences with every solicitor/conveyancer used over decades until now.
    A simple cash purchase not in a chain handled really badly.
    EVERYTHING has already been said by others in this thread and spans several years so here we are in 2013 and still the same complaints. How can they still be practising?
    ITS NOT THE CHEAPEST ACTUALLY MUST BE THE WORST THO!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure