PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Ark Property Solicitors

Options
Does anyone have any experience of dealing with Ark Property Solicitors? :confused:

Comments

• Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I just clicked on those links and my antivirus program (avast! antivirus) warned me that for both pages there is a Trojan virus called "JS:ScriptIP-inf [Trj]" which it has blocked. Be careful!

SS2
  • theartfullodger
    theartfullodger Posts: 14,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just clicked on those links and my antivirus program (avast! antivirus) warned me that for both pages there is a Trojan virus called "JS:ScriptIP-inf [Trj]" which it has blocked. Be careful!

Cheers! I run Linux not Windoze so much, much, much less likely to be at risk but I will boot up my Windoze environment & run a full scan, just-in-case.

Thanks for the advice!

Cheers!

Lodger
  • aspen123
    Options
    some negative feedback but I went with them anyway as pretty cheap and money tight. Sometimes felt they were a bit slow in getting back to my agents but they got me into my new house on time and before the little one arrived which made me and the wife very happy indeed!:money::j

gemstars wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of dealing with Ark Property Solicitors? :confused:
  • dfarry
    dfarry Posts: 939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still early days for me with them but so far so good.... I have two name contacts, one for my sale and another for the purchase... with a direct email address and geographic telephone number (rather than 0845 etc..) to them.

They seem to be progressing things smoothly... only problem I had was getting emails with large file attachments through to them (due to restrictions on their mailbox sizes).
  • dfarry
    dfarry Posts: 939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Two months later and I am still waiting to exchange, for my sale ARC (and the personal looking after this file) have been really efficient - sadly the same can't be said for my purchase.

I'm now on the third purchase conveyancer, the first went sick, the second was too busy and the third is unobtainable (permanently it seems)

I've just had a call from my estate agent and the rest of the chain below me are ready to exchange and my venodrs say they have sent everything over that they need to so it all just rests on my very slow, unproactive, conveyancer. The issue is now so acute that we have not been able to guarantee our kids in school places (especially important as we have a child going from primary to secondary next year). If we delay further and exchange is late in October our vendor will lose their rental accomodation. Waiting beyond October is not an option and I feel the whole chain will fall apart.

I am hounding Arc daily now and made a number of complaints... I don't want to be moaning on the phone all the time - I just want to get on and move!
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are in the middle of a sale and purchase with them. Never again. Would not recommend. Terrible communication, extremely slow and they have a Service Level Agreement which allows 5 days to respond to all calls, emails or letters then they dont even meet that. Unless that it is you pay 50% more then they will speed it up. In our opinion you can find much better for not much more. They have made the whole process incredibly stressful.
  • RB-Arc
    RB-Arc Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    My name is Richard Blackburn and I am the Business Development Manager at Arc Property Solicitors LLP. I am responding to ‘Honest Reviewer’s’ review posted on 25 June 2010 and am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations with regard to the level of service you received from us. I apologise for any inconvenience in relation to your property sale. We welcome all feedback as this enables us to improve the service that we provide to clients.

It is as a result of some of the feedback we received that we introduced a new Client Services team last year. Their role is to deal with as many enquiries as possible from clients and other parties involved in the transaction as quickly as possible. The team have full access to all files which enables them to deal with the vast majority of the calls we receive.

The net result is our conveyancers are able to complete transactions a lot quicker than they otherwise would and provide clients with a better overall service.

It would not be appropriate to discuss your matter on a public forum however, I can see that you have referred the matter to one of our partners. I am sure you will be receiving a response from him in due course and he will certainly review your matter objectively. There are often many reasons for transactions taking longer than expected particularly if there are issues which are outside of our control. We do respond to all types of correspondence in a timely manner and therefore I am surprised at the timescales you have stated as this is certainly not typical. If you would like to send me a private message with your details, I will certainly look into the matter for you.

We have dealt with over £350M worth of property transactions and over 99% of our clients are happy with the level of service that we provide. You are welcome to visit our website where we have plenty of testimonials from clients as well as independent third party review sites where we regularly receive positive feedback.

Thank you for your feedback and once again please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
  • fair
    Options
    I just wish I had found this before we went with the quote from Arc. We have had such problems maybe even worse than what I have seen in the comments by other people. I am just hoping we are able to get to completion. I will not go down the same path again. Practically no service.
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are two threads on MSE re Arc Property Solicitors. This one and a shorter one HERE
  • Purpleflower_3
    Purpleflower_3 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 November 2010 at 8:37PM
    Options
    I am having so many problems with Arc, it's totally unbelievable the way they simply ignore you. These are some of the things that are going on:

Lengthy delays - eg the other side still awaits the Management Info Form, which should have been sent with the other docs 11th Oct - a month ago. Noone noticed, until my estate agent told me, and since then I have called, emailed, and spent about 3 hours on the phone and emails, and reserching how to complain about a law firm. They just ignore you. Sometimes you can't get through on the phone - after waiting a few minutes you then get voicemail. This delay has cost me more than £600 in mortgage payments for a sale that should have completed by now.

The conveyancer (Matt Jowett) does not return my calls nor responds to any emails except about 2.

The complaints person (Katie Allport) knows I have called 4 times, but still has not called me back.

The size limit on their email servers needs to be increased as I had loads of problems sending the lease, and wasted a lot of time, all down to their size limits. You'd think they'd sort that out.

And all the while I am paying the mortgage on an empty property.

What a false economy going with these cheap solicitors - if you can call them solicitors. I should have paid more and I would have saved more by completing earlier. It is the WORST service I have ever had.

I am totally stuck, as they just don't bother.

Anyone from Arc on here who can actually help to send the other side the Management Form and provide the service that it says on the website: “At Arc Property Solicitors, we are proud of the professional, pro-active and speedy conveyancing service and property litigation services we offer our clients.”? Perhaps Richard Balckburn from the psot above might care to help.

I have asked for compensation because their service has been appalling. Never again, and I do NOT recommend to anyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure