PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Ark Property Solicitors

Options

Comments

• natbar0
    Options
    ARC are currently working on my sale and purchase - they are rude - never respond to emails, they did nothing for a month until I discovered this fact and since then I have been contacting them daily via the customer helpline and chasing them up which does seem to have helped.

Basically if you don't call them up on it they will not do anything at all.

The conveyancer sent over the draft contracts to my buyer (after waiting a month doing nothing!) finally after I had sent an extremely curt email - there was no apology she just cc'd me on the draft contract which I then opened and discovered the price was incorrect. I replied to her email and there was no contact back to me or apology for the mistake, she just cc'd me on an email saying to the other solicitor "actually purchase price is XX" couldn't even be bothered to amend the document.

Take my advice and go to a small practice and make sure you will be able to have direct contact with that solicitor whenever you need. You will save time and money in the long run - avoid arc!!
  • Please do not use this company and if you have just started then count your loses and pull out NOW.

They truly are awful.

They never get back to you, they don't read your emails properly so when they do get back to you they haven't addressed your query. They lose all paperwork but when you inform them you sent it recorded delivery and state who signed for it the paper work appears. My buyer is renting and i am buying an empty house so three of us and that's a bit too much for them.
    The other two solicitors have expressed concerns...how bad is that?the chaps solicitor actually told him my Solictor is useless and he is really concerned....

My husband has a very stressful job and for 30 years has amazed most at his ability to handle stress....yes, you guessed it he is so stressed i'm worried about him. I on the other hand could cry most days.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF I CAN STOP PEOPLE GOING THROUGH THIS BY WRITING THE TRUTH HERE THEN I AM HAPPY.
    WOULDN'T WISH THIS ON ANYONE.
  • apd99
    Options
    There were 19 postings on here a couple of days ago and now there are 13. Why my two (I didn't delete them) plus 4 other non-abusive postings have been deleted is a mystery.

I won't detail my lousy experience again, but suffice to say that my two, plus 2 of the deleted others I can remember, all basically confirmed the horror stories that do remain on here.
  • Maria_Harrogate
    Maria_Harrogate Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 10 January 2011 at 4:10PM
    Options
    Sadly I am another victim of [TEXT DELETD BY FORUM TEAM] Arc Solicitors! Please save yourself a lot of stress, time, energy and money - DO NOT USE them!

They were so rude and incompetent!

They won't do a thing if you won't chase them!

They were ignoring my phone calls, emails, [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] (i.e. I bought the property of deceased person and they were saying at several occasions that they cannot exchange because the need to make sure that the place is empty!) They were trying to email me 300MB file! How intelligent is that!?

After 3 months of putting up with them - I finally got my keys, however I'm still chasing few documents, that they promised to print and post to me - about 3 weeks ago - still haven't arrived!

The worst service I ever had!
  • Mcsludge
    Mcsludge Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 10 January 2011 at 5:42PM
    Options
    Ditto all of the above - [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] My vendor used them and 3 days before exchange, they realised they hadnt done any local searches so we had to wait a further 10 days then exchange and complete on the same day. We were all packed and ready to go with removals booked etc only to have to defer everything.

He had 4 different solicitors throughout the process and my solicitors and agents were at their wits end with them as they could rarely get to talk to anyone or get anyone to return calls. [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

You cant beat a good local solicitor where you can pop in and sign paperwork etc when necessary!!

Moving is stressful enough without incompetence on this level - SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE AND DO NOT USE
  • the_mighty_bantam
    the_mighty_bantam Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 10 January 2011 at 5:06PM
    Options
    You would think selling your home to a first time buyer would be staright forward and fairly quick.....offer accepted mid July 2010 tis 21 Dec and still waiting for ARC PROPERTY SOLICITORS to sort it out, its just one thing after another, we havnt done all searches yet told that in Nov 2010, waiting for vendor to pay deposit know for a fact he paid over a week ago is the latest one. They dont respond to emails never answer phone calls [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]. My solicitor and estate agents are absolutley flabber gasted at the quality of service that
    these muppets are offering

YOU MIGHT THINK YOU ARE SAVING A FEW QUID BY USING THIS OUTFIT BUT MY ADVICE WOULD BE TO USE YOUR LOCAL SOLICITORS BE ABLE TO GO INTO THEIR OFFICES MEET THEM
  • Littlemadam83
    Options
    Why are there so many first time posters saying how bad these guys are?

We were actually recomended them by my brother in law. Although I have not been in a huge rush, we paid them some money on 6th December and the lady who in my opinion is very helpful and answered my emails very nicely and pronptly has been doing the work and been chasing the vendors solicitor.

I saw this thread and my heart sank as it was too late, but am glad I am still using them as they have been fine. Am dubious to the origin of the above recent posters however.
  • MissMotivation
    Options
    I've had two posts deleted from this thread which were factual accounts of my experiences with Ark/Arc and I am a long term poster.
    My home is usually the House Buying, Renting and Selling Forum where I can be found trying to (sometimes unsucessfully) prove that not all Estate Agents are crooks. With 20 years experience of Sales/Lettings and having bought and sold many of my own properties I've usually got something to say ;)
    Ignore......check!
  • Mcsludge
    Mcsludge Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 10 January 2011 at 5:28PM
    Options
    Why are there so many first time posters saying how bad these guys are?

We were actually recomended them by my brother in law. Although I have not been in a huge rush, we paid them some money on 6th December and the lady who in my opinion is very helpful and answered my emails very nicely and pronptly has been doing the work and been chasing the vendors solicitor.

I saw this thread and my heart sank as it was too late, but am glad I am still using them as they have been fine. Am dubious to the origin of the above recent posters however.

I dont understand why you would be dubious of previous posters? [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
  • Littlemadam83
    Options
    Mcsludge wrote: »
    I dont understand why you would be dubious of previous posters? On a thread like this I would be more dubious of anyone posting say they were getting a GOOD service! Employee or relation maybe?

This is ridiculous. You have two posts and you are accusing me of being a relation to the company!

You have two posts and have come on saying how bad this company is! Why?

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. I have never expected them to give me the best customer service ever as I am not paying over the odds. I expect them to get the job done and that is what is happening, so far I am very impressed.

Miss motivation, sorry to hear you are not happy with them. Can I ask what happened? We are due to complete second week in January, should I look out for something?

xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport