Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Options

Comments

• Tinsle
    Tinsle Posts: 6,515 Forumite
    Options
    I am playing, 'spot the Paid Positive Posters' on MSE today, I see Hermes have at least one with several accounts or have found a few people willing to scan forums looking for the words; 'Hermes', 'crap', 'missing' and any other number of flags requiring some damage limitation.

Personally I am trying to keep their driver off my property but as he doesn't seem to understand the boundary is way further out from my house than it appears he continues to trespass. Anyone have a customer service number for these slippery little weasels?

There's another word for your scan list!
    I think it p!sses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it. People think pleasing God is all God cares about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not wishing to be inflammatory but I have no problem with Hermes, this is just my opinion and I am certainly not employed by or being paid by them.
    Our delivery agent couldn't be more helpful and I also have to be totally honest and say that Yodel home delivery have also excelled themselves.
  • Is_it_worth_it
    Options
    I have used them about 4 times and havnt had any problems.
  • ThisCantBeChanged
    Options
    I tracked my order online and the status said household signature received. No one has rung my doorbell at all today :mad: Called the retailer and they told me that it has been left to a neighbour, couldnt give me exact adress details so I couldnt check which neighbour it was, she only gave me their flat number and surname, no road name or number, I live on a main road with alot of houses nearby and flats. She was basically trying to tell me to ring every household to check! I dont understand why they delivered it to a neighbour in the first place, they didnt even ring my doorbell first. Does anyone have Hermes direct contact number, the retailer is telling me it would take 40 hours for them to get back to me :(
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just received my cheque from them so a totally unbiased positive review :)

Bought an item in ebay last Monday evening. Email arrived saying they sent it Hermes... The 1st thing i thought of was this post. Quack Company.

But it arrived Friday so no fuss there. Unlike some other postage service that has the word royal mail in its name.. So bad they dont even get any capitals.

Recorded delivery post from the 7th December no sign. They cannot find it either. Its in the system somewhere.

Items posted last Monday and Tuesday standard post and parcel post no sign.

You would think its xmas or something.

If anyone else would like an unbiased review of their products or service. Please send cheque to....
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• jimbo24168
    Options
    kiz69 wrote: »
    y get something del 2 home if u r at work and y order a b4 1 or an after1 if your not goin 2be at home if ru at work get it del 2there not your home :mad::mad: and if u order an b4 or after be in if u will not get it or when u ask us 2lev it with a ngh tell them 2b in or u be in :eek::T

So glad my tax is paying for this high level of education.
  • Natasha_H
    Options
    Used MyHermes once. The lady who delivers and collects where I live is quite good, luckily. When I booked for them to collect, they came on the day they said they would, and my buyer received her parcel in good time. Hope this continues if I use again, was such a better price than RM for the weight.
  • select66
    Options
    To date this year i used them allot for my business ,however in the last 2 months they have cost us as a company £600 IN COMPENSATION & re delivery charges ,they offer a insurance compensation but that's a farce,i made a claim 3 months ago for damage they caused during delivery ,they hung it out for a week and asked for invoices etc all the usual stuff ,they then said the claim would be settled in 21 days .
    Months on and still not even acknowledged they will agree to the claim ,i have e-mailed and they never reply .
    A week ago we requested a collection ,its still not been collected ,it says if your collection has not been done please use the e-mail form and it will be sorted in 24 hours ,done this 3 times .
    Tried to call poss 100 times now the phone is off the hook or leaves you in a que that never puts you through , the line is premium rate ,and we were in a cue for over an hour at one count , i hate to think how much this delivery has cost us ,including the payment for the service which has never been collected ,Next stop Trading Standards Not fit for Purpose i think .

Useless bunch of incapable time wasters who will have not only cost my business customers this xmas but i would guess many others too
  • paulofessex
    paulofessex Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Options
    select66 wrote: »
    To date this year i used them allot for my business ,however in the last 2 months they have cost us as a company £600 IN COMPENSATION & re delivery charges ,they offer a insurance compensation but that's a farce,i made a claim 3 months ago for damage they caused during delivery ,they hung it out for a week and asked for invoices etc all the usual stuff ,they then said the claim would be settled in 21 days .
    Months on and still not even acknowledged they will agree to the claim ,i have e-mailed and they never reply .
    A week ago we requested a collection ,its still not been collected ,it says if your collection has not been done please use the e-mail form and it will be sorted in 24 hours ,done this 3 times .
    Tried to call poss 100 times now the phone is off the hook or leaves you in a que that never puts you through , the line is premium rate ,and we were in a cue for over an hour at one count , i hate to think how much this delivery has cost us ,including the payment for the service which has never been collected ,Next stop Trading Standards Not fit for Purpose i think .

Useless bunch of incapable time wasters who will have not only cost my business customers this xmas but i would guess many others too

Don't understand why you would choose to use them as recent as a week ago if as you say they have cost you £600 and with claims still outstanding. I certainly wouldn't, as it not just the financial issues, more importantly its the potential damage to your companies reputation from your customers.
  • exarmydreamer
    Options
    I used to order from Next but my parcels were always delivered smelling of fags. Also, I recently bought an Orla Kiely DAB radio costing £150 from John Lewis, it arrived thankfully but the box was in bits and had been opened down one of the sides. I had to open and check the goods to make sure it was all in tact.

I won't now order from John Lewis either after this experience with myhermes.
    Mortgage: Aug 12 £114,984.74 - Jun 14 £94000.00 = Total Payments £20984.74

Albert Einstein - “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure