Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Options

Comments

• HYPNOSHAUN
    Options
    I have been using myhermes for a year now, they are ok, if you read the info you would get it right and not blame them, YOUR supposed to print the label at your end and affix it to the parcel. That is why they asked for the label. I have not had any serious issues and the one I had was dealt with very very profesionally.:T[/QUOTE]
    HYPNOSHAUN wrote: »
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've used MyHermes for personal parcels to be delivered and have no complaints at all. One of the parcels had to go to Isle of Skye and it took four days. Not bad considering I am in Essex and the lady who collects in this area is lovely.

I haven't used Parcel2Go but I notice they are £1 cheaper to send my parcel tomorrow so I might possibly decide to give them a go. l really think it's a personal thing whatever carrier you use and find reliable.
  • leevenny
    Options
    I HAVE JUST HAD TO REGISTER AS I AM THAT ANNOYED BY THIS. WHAT YOU HAVE HERE IS A COLLECTION OF 'CUSTOMERS' THAT HAVE HAD A PROBLEM.

My spin on this is very simple, I ship 6000 items every month with hermes and have lost 1 in 6 months. ROYAL MAIL were losing 10 a month. I have never been on a forum before and have read a few and generally all they seem to be is the moners and groamers with nothing better to do. People need to get a sense of realism here, why do hermes ship for NEXT DEBENHAMS AND OTHER MAJOR BRANDS? simple because they destroy any service royal mail could ever give, as a volume shipper we get a call twice a week and all issues are resolved. Unlike unionised royal mail where 'its not my job' attitude generally.

They are not perfect nothing is, but I think they are brilliant and having shipped approx 36000 items with them I think I am a better case to judge than the 'one parcel wonders' on this forum.

People need like me should be writting to stop this stupidity as it's plain and clear that its a collection of isolated cases. END OF STORY
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    leevenny wrote: »
    I HAVE JUST HAD TO REGISTER AS I AM THAT ANNOYED BY THIS. WHAT YOU HAVE HERE IS A COLLECTION OF 'CUSTOMERS' THAT HAVE HAD A PROBLEM.

My spin on this is very simple, I ship 6000 items every month with hermes and have lost 1 in 6 months. ROYAL MAIL were losing 10 a month. I have never been on a forum before and have read a few and generally all they seem to be is the moners and groamers with nothing better to do. People need to get a sense of realism here, why do hermes ship for NEXT DEBENHAMS AND OTHER MAJOR BRANDS? simple because they destroy any service royal mail could ever give, as a volume shipper we get a call twice a week and all issues are resolved. Unlike unionised royal mail where 'its not my job' attitude generally.

They are not perfect nothing is, but I think they are brilliant and having shipped approx 36000 items with them I think I am a better case to judge than the 'one parcel wonders' on this forum.

People need like me should be writting to stop this stupidity as it's plain and clear that its a collection of isolated cases. END OF STORY

what tracked service were you using with RM?
  • spookycat_2
    Options
    Never had a problem with MyHermes, we have 2 fab couriers and nothing has ever gone astray in 3 years, though I did have one that was delayed by a week a long while ago.

It's so much more convenient than RM, especially with 4 small children in tow to the PO. Always pay extra for the guaranteed signature though.

Yodel on the other hand...... I utterly despair of an amazon delivery that has used Yodel as the courier!!
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Options
    I've sent about 4-5 items with myhermes, that's all. Nothing like the numbers some of you are quoting.

All was fine until. my last one. My buyer contacted me to say the item looked like it'd been kicked around the van & the casing had shattered.

I asked buyer to send me a photo of said item. They refused saying there was no point as it'd achieve nothing.

Can't stand people who can't be bothered.
  • Gwoollgar
    Options
    I tried to leave this on the MYHERMES website but guarantee it won't get put up;

The customer representative agents are nice enough, and really do try their best to be helpful. Unfortunately the actual service received and the Hermes drivers seriously let them down. My parcel was due to be collected on a Friday; it wasn't. I contacted Live Help and sent an email, the reply I received said that "the driver had been contacted and would collect the parcel today" which was a Saturday; it wasn't. It is now Sunday which is not a collection day so I have to wait until Monday for a resolution. In the meantime my parcel has sat outside in the wet and cold in my nominated safe place for two days uncollected. You don't expect it to be there all day. Not only that apparently Hermes do not offer partial or full refunds, even if you have paid for a service which has absolutely not been provided. That's surely just basic trading standards, no?? I sometimes sell on Ebay as a personal seller and if I ever gave service as bad as this I'd want my buyers to pursue it!! I don't because I'm conscious of being a buyer myself. I am 24 years of age and this is the first review I have ever written because generally I have better things to do. I am not a stuffy, frugal person who complains about everything, but I have genuinely wasted tons of time emailing, putting out parcels and speaking to Hermes on Live chat. I want my life back!!!! Pick up my damn parcel, deliver it safely in good nick and quickly. Basically give me the service I paid for!!! Please!!??
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gwoollgar wrote: »
    I tried to leave this on the MYHERMES website but guarantee it won't get put up;

The customer representative agents are nice enough, and really do try their best to be helpful. Unfortunately the actual service received and the Hermes drivers seriously let them down. My parcel was due to be collected on a Friday; it wasn't. I contacted Live Help and sent an email, the reply I received said that "the driver had been contacted and would collect the parcel today" which was a Saturday; it wasn't. It is now Sunday which is not a collection day so I have to wait until Monday for a resolution. In the meantime my parcel has sat outside in the wet and cold in my nominated safe place for two days uncollected. You don't expect it to be there all day. Not only that apparently Hermes do not offer partial or full refunds, even if you have paid for a service which has absolutely not been provided. That's surely just basic trading standards, no?? I sometimes sell on Ebay as a personal seller and if I ever gave service as bad as this I'd want my buyers to pursue it!! I don't because I'm conscious of being a buyer myself. I am 24 years of age and this is the first review I have ever written because generally I have better things to do. I am not a stuffy, frugal person who complains about everything, but I have genuinely wasted tons of time emailing, putting out parcels and speaking to Hermes on Live chat. I want my life back!!!! Pick up my damn parcel, deliver it safely in good nick and quickly. Basically give me the service I paid for!!! Please!!??

you are falling into the trap.
    just because someone says its down to the driver,doesnt make it so.
    people have finite time and capacity.
    someone in an office sitting at a phone may not know or care about that.
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    Custardy, I think you'll find that it is down to the driver as all of their drivers are self employed
  • eyemdee
    eyemdee Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 May 2012 at 3:07PM
    Options
    leevenny wrote: »

Possibly so but my experience as a first time attempted user leads me to believe the OP's post title to be accurate!

I decided to try Hermes with a parcel and everything went fine until I paid with PayPal. It came back "payment failed you have not been charged. Please pay another way".

I checked my account and I had been charged but the order was showing as payment failed. I could not print the delivery label. I tried to email three times - each came back "Your email has not been sent, please try later".

Eventually I got a person on live webchat who said there were technical difficulties and nothing they could do. Finally suggested I should take my parcel to the Post Office! :rotfl:

We are in the 21st century but I fear Hermes haven't got here yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure