Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Options

Comments

• valw53
    valw53 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    A parcel apparently stayed in their "central hub" for 41 hours, told the vendor "the tracking label must have come off". Suddenly today they can track it again, and it is out for delivery, but I missed it and the courier will have to try again. Despite repeated emails from me, they have failed to give me any information,and I cannot find a phone number anywhere on their website.

This is much-needed and expensive medical equipment and I am NOT amused.
  • valw53
    valw53 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Oh, forgot to say - no card.
  • ristac
    ristac Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not by choice we have regular deliveries via Hermes, on two occassions when I have used them to send a parcel I have had problems. Once the tracking system repeatedly stated out for delivery and back in depot for 8 consecutive days. In the end the parcel was returned to me.

I much prefer DHL, it has got to the stage now where I refuse to purchase from some online companies if I see they are using Hermes.
  • justapoorboy
    justapoorboy Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My Hermes parcel was delivered after 8 days of being sent.
    There was no delay in collection according to tracking info which seems to suggest it was lost for 3 days being received by Hermes twice !!

On the other hand it looks like the sender only paid for a parcel weighing less than 1 KG but the item itself, a lamp weighs 2.85 Kg + large box & packing materials must be + 1kg. Hmmmmm

As Ebay buyer & seller for nearly 10 years I have book full of bad stories about Royal Mail & Post Office Counters Ltd. Maybe we should give this lot a chance. Testing the during a Postal Strike isn't really fair. If MyHermes were new a couple of years ago, hopefully they've bucked up a bit by now. I count my 8 day parcel as an aberration and possibly due to the sender.

It was delivered by two ladies whose husbands I'm sure work in the fishing industry, ;smile: though there's not very much fish in the Thames and its a long way to the coast. :boggle: But they weren't rude either. The biggest problem I have with some couriers and some posties is that they just have no clue how to speak reasonably & politely to a customer....any customer. Its not just the lack of an apology when one should be made, it's all sorts like over-familiarity (being called "mate" / "bro"/ "blood"). Then there's Mustapha, Hamdi & Mohammed whose vocabulary seems to consist of grunts and who seem unwilling to sign their names ... ;boggle:

Then there are the gentlemen of West African ethnic origin who are afraid of my very small and very friendly dog, one of whom threw someone else's parcel at him. What a strange occupation for a person fearful of dogs ! One more open minded gent I taught how to safely say "hello" to any dog. It took about 10 seconds and he told me on a following visit that "it works" ! I just smiled.

I've received deliveries from most of the major courier companies and the most polite and efficient ones do seem to work for the more expensive companies. That's really no surprise then as they probably get better paid too.

Ebay Sellers are under tremendous pressure to keep carriage costs down. The lower you price the postage the more bids and the better price you get.
    I am convinced that many Ebay sellers make less than minimum wage and I've sold my fair share of 99p bargains too. MyHermes do seem to be significantly cheaper than others so I'll keep an open mind for now and try them out next time I have something heavy as I;ve had it with Royal Mail & the Post office. On the odd occasion that I sell something for say £50+ I don't mind paying the extra for a better service.
  • aje2010
    aje2010 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I have used this company first time, because they are half the price of parcel force. So far I booked the job yesterday, the lady came to pick up to day, she was ever so pleasant.

I'll keep you posted of further progress, hopefully good.

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • rabb5it
    rabb5it Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've used Hermes a few times. Only once did I have a problem getting the parcel collected, 2 phone calls & 2 days late. Otherwise good service for the price.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    aje2010 wrote: »
    I have used this company first time, because they are half the price of parcel force. So far I booked the job yesterday, the lady came to pick up to day, she was ever so pleasant.

I'll keep you posted of further progress, hopefully good.

thats a slow delivery
  • MissGivings_2
    Options
    MiseryGuts wrote: »
    The bloke eventually turned up today (he looked about 90), no apology for the hassle, just a complaint about how heavy the parcel was.
    Was probably only 45, poor bloke:)
  • MissGivings_2
    Options

One more open minded gent I taught how to safely say "hello" to any dog. It took about 10 seconds and he told me on a following visit that "it works" ! I just smiled
    yes I smiled that mysterious smile of mine when I make my plans for world domination where everyone's names will be in English and won't speak in grunts and have names like Mustapha and everyone will be taught to love my dog, why not all dogs, why stop there, why not cats too, no-one need ever smell of fish ever again, no-one will call me mate or bruv...hello...anyone listening?.....hello.....anyone?
  • paulofessex
    paulofessex Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Options
    tippertip wrote: »
    Hi

We used City Link which is a next day with signature and tracking etc, it's £6.99+VAT from collect my parcel . com for up to 15Kg.

Works well for us.

£7.02 inc vat via ParcelMonkey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family