Madasafish Questions/answers (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Duncansby,

I'll investigate the POP3 errors on Tuesday when I'm back in the office. If you're still getting them, could you please PM me your username?

Thank you

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • Hello Iffywallet,

You can certainly use your old steam driven computer to connect to the Internet and sign up for our broadband. From the time of sign up, it will take us 7 working days to install the services - I would recommend signing up 7 working days prior to when you expect your new computer.

If you are planning on using your old steam driven computer with our services, please note that we can only support Windows 98 SE and above.

We have many customers using the Netgear routers with our services. If you do buy a router, you will not need our free one. I've seen some customers opt to take it (for peace of mind) and then flog them on ebay once they've 100% they've got their wireless connection up and running.

Please do keep in touch should you have any further queries.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • Iffy_Wallet
    Iffy_Wallet Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Samara.

Could I just ask -

Do you need to send out an installation engineer for a new broadband customer, or do you just send an installation package (equipment, instructions, software) out through the post for the user to install?
    [ Eat, Drink and be Merry - for tomorrow we get the bill ]
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Options
    Is it just me? Since Friday, I have had intermittent problems accessing certain websites ( this one being one of them). Just got back to normal again.What could the problem be? Looked at my account and did speed test and normal speed.
  • bolo
    bolo Posts: 919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I have just joined MAAF but have been a little disappointed with the speed i am getting. It is only a 512K service. With my former Bulldog service i was getting 5.5MB or so. Any explanations about the low speed?

Thanks

bolo
    If i have helped, use the thanks button!
  • Hi Iffy-Wallet,

We will install the ADSL (broadband on your line) there is no requirement for an engineer to enter your premises for this.

We will send you the free router with the instructions for set up in the post. It's quite easy to set up and shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes.

If you're new to broadband, make sure that you've got enough microfilters! You'll need one microfilter for each phone socket that is in use. Please remember to include microfilters for SKY tv boxes and fax machines into the count.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • Hi Bolo,

If you've joined after 8Mb has gone live, what is probably going on is that we're still checking your line to see what the optimum speed for your line is. Sometimes during this time, you will experience slower speeds. If you are still experiencing slow speeds after 10 days from when we have you connected, please PM me your username and I'll investigate.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Options
    This is really beginning to bug me.
    I can be happily surfing and then find out that I can only access some sites. What is the problem?
    I am guessing it must be a maaf problem as I read further up the thread someone else had the same problem. It is intermittent but annoyingly frequent( since Thurs not fri as mentioned before)
  • Iffy_Wallet
    Iffy_Wallet Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Samara,

Sorry - another silly question for you.

I've heard mutterings from cable companies (I think) that you need a cable modem, plus a router.

But I'd be using a BT phone, and a free router from Madasafish.

I wouldn't need a broadband modem, would I ? The router would plug straight into the main BT socket, and after 10 mins setup, that would be it:
    phone socket -> router -> ethernet twisted pair cable -> network card in PC
    Simple: nothing else required. Or have I missed something?

Thanks
    [ Eat, Drink and be Merry - for tomorrow we get the bill ]
  • Essexdelboy
    Options
    I take it from the previous posts that these intermittent problems and low connection speeds (supposed to be 8 mbps, depending on the exchange) will be automatically rectified after 10 days or so.

If they are not rectified automatically is there anything that can be done my end or is it a case that madasafish would have to investigate the problems?
    Rock on MSE!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport