Madasafish Questions/answers (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Hi sloughflint,

Could you please PM me which sites you're having trouble accessing and at what times. I would like to raise a ticket on this for you first thing Tuesday morning.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • Hi Iffy Wallet,

You wouldn't need a cable modem as we do not supply broadband over a cable ;) .

You'll only need the free router that we supply (you will need to select it as an option during sign up). You will also need 1 microfilter for every phone socket that is in use in your house. 2 microfilters come free with the router.

Basically the kit you'll need is:

A computer that meets our minimum spec: Windows 98 SE
    (or above) or Macintosh OS 9.1 (or above).
    1 Broadband Router (or modem) and cables (USB or Ethernet - we will supply these with our free router)
    1 Microfilter for every phone line that is in use in your house (2 come free with our router).

I hope that is helpful.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • Hello Essexdelboy,

If you're speeds aren't quite what you expected after the 10th day (ie. slow speeds or drop outs) please get in touch with me and I can expedite your query.

From my experience when my speeds were going a bit strange after the increase in speeds to 8Mb, after about the fifth day I rebooted my router and ever since then it's worked fine. I can't say that this will work in every case - my expertise is not technical support - but it was a very simple resolution and I never had to contact my tech team.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • alictait
    alictait Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Samara,

If we elect not to take the free router are you still tied into a years contract when migrating ?

My only fear is that the gb cap will not really be enough for me ?

Ali
    If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried.
  • Hello Alictait,

Our cancellation policy is unique in that we don't expect for you to pay for the remainder of your contractual period if you leave prior to fulfilling 12 months; however we do ask that you help us cover all the costs involved in establishing your connection to Madasafish.

For someone who migrated in the cost for cancellation within the first 12 months is: £25 + the cost of any free hardware taken.

If you are a new provision (not someone who migrated in) then the cost of cancellation within the first 12 months is: £55 + the cost of any free hardware taken.

So if you migrate in and you don't take the free router, the cancellation cost would be £25 within the first 12 months.

I personally feel that this cancellation policy is a lot fairer than those who ask that you pay for the remainder of your contractual period.

As you're concerned about your usage, would it be possible to ask your current provider for a breakdown of your usage for the last few months? This will give you a true idea of what your usage requirements really are.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • alictait
    alictait Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi again Samara,

Bit of a joke that really - My previous/current supplier is e7even - hee hee,

I have however just signed up on a monthly contract with AOL (after waiting 4mths nearly to get my MAC from e7even)- so I can decide what to do, the problem is that for AOL anything other than the 1mb connection is extortionate - albeit unlimited.

I do know though that 3gb would not really be enough as I do use p2p on occasion and would like to keep doing so, not huge amounts but certainly a tad more than 3gb, also I think the legal side of downloading is about to take off quite dramatically- especially with the introduction of the higher speeds for so many people

Thanks again though.

Ali
    If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried.
  • Hello Alictait,

The download limit on our MAX package is 5GB. I hope that you'll monitor your usage on AOL as you may be surprised how much bandwidth you actually use. You'll save a lot of money on Madasafish over AOL in the long term.

I do appreciate that if you truly are a high usage user then our MAX product may not be for you, however I've been impressed with just how much you can do with 5GB.

Best of luck with AOL and please keep in touch.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Options
    Hi sloughflint,

Could you please PM me which sites you're having trouble accessing and at what times. I would like to raise a ticket on this for you first thing Tuesday morning.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
    Thanks for your input this morning, Samara.
    Despite this, problems happened again tonight for at 40 mins ( maybe longer but switched pc off)
    How many other MAAF customers reading this thread are experiencing intermittent problems whereby they can only access a limited number of websites? At least one other person further up the thread has but I am curious as to how many others are finding this problem?
  • skiddy2k
    skiddy2k Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    Options
    access limited number of websites?.... i would have thought it was because of your browser settings or malware on your PC... never thought it'l be because of the ISP?!
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Options
    skiddy2k wrote:
    access limited number of websites?.... i would have thought it was because of your browser settings or malware on your PC... never thought it'l be because of the ISP?!
    Well I hope it's not malware. Just done a scan and the machine is apparently clean.
    Settings were changed as recommended by technical guy so in a strange way, I am hopeful it is a MAAF problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure