Madasafish Questions/answers (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Hello All,

I haven't yet gotten the official word from BT wholesale regarding what is going on and I'll post a update once I get further information.

In my whole time working for Madasafish we've never had this problem, which leads me to believe that it's somehow linked to all the 8Mb upgrades.

Thank you everyone for your patience and I hope to have a positive post for you soon.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • regvardy
    regvardy Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    I was with AOL for 9 years, changed to MADASAFISH last month.

In all my time with AOL I can't reacall an entire day where I couldn't log on as happened yesterday.

I rang the customer care line (took 25 minutes) they told me the whole of MADASAFISH was down.

What's galling is that I checked my madasafish e-mail this morning, got my fisrt invoice bill, but there appears to be no NETWORK e-mail from MADASAFISH explaining what happened yesterday and whether its going to happen again.

Come on MADASAFISH placate me and all the other seething customers.
  • Hello Revardy,

All Madasafish Customers shall be receiving an email shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Options
    regvardy wrote:

I rang the customer care line (took 25 minutes) they told me the whole of MADASAFISH was down.
    I was able to access BB yesterday so it couldn't have been the whole of MAAF but then I am probably way back in the queue of upgrade requests.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My mad-bb was ok yesterday up until about 7 or 8 in the evening, then went.
  • All Madasafish Customers will be receiving the following email:

At 8.30pm on Friday 7th April we experienced an issue with one of our core routers that caused intermittent connection problems for some broadband customers throughout the evening. This problem was fixed shortly before midnight and normal service was resumed.

Another unrelated problem occurred at 8.45am on Sunday 9th April. This followed some scheduled maintenance work that BT had been carrying out on their network during the early hours of Sunday morning. It appears that this maintenance triggered a series of network outages that left a large number of our broadband customers without service. Our network engineers worked with BT to identify the cause of the problem throughout Sunday. Although the situation improved during the day as parts of our network were brought back online, normal service to all of our broadband customers was not resumed until 11.45pm on Sunday.

I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience these broadband problems have caused you over this last weekend. I can assure you that we are conducting a full investigation with BT to identify the true cause of the network failures and will take whatever measures are necessary to prevent such problems from happening in the future. These connection problems are the first widespread issue to affect our service in almost a year and we take this matter very seriously.

My additional note (not included in the email):

Whilst we don't forsee any more service outages, I have been asked on another forum to provide a copy of the instructions for the back up dial up service.

Please go to the support pages:

Madasafish: http://support.madasafish.com/

You’ll need to enter you operating system and the product that you’re on in the drop down menus in the upper right hand corner and hit the ‘search’ button. When the screen refreshes, please click on the tab that says “connection” and you’ll find an article there titled "Using the Backup Dial-up Account".

Again, thank you for your patience this weekend.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • flagon
    Options
    Samara,

I am currently with Wanadoo and am thinking of migrating to MADASAFISH. I have my MAC code but am slightly unsure as to the switching procedure.

My current contract ends on 22nd April. If I initiate the migration process today will I be billed by MADASAFISH from the 23rd April ? What happens if MADASAFISH is connected prior to the 22nd April ? Will I still have to pay Wanadoo until the 22nd and for example MADASAFISH from 17th April ? ie : will I be paying twice over ?

I'm also concerned that if I don't pay Wanadoo up until 22nd April will this be deemed as not fulfilling my contract and penalties apply ? I realise that you can't speak for Wanadoo however I would like to know the general principles involved in migration on this matter.

When migrating would I have to tell my bank to stop direct debit payments to Wanadoo or is all of this done seamlessly by the migration process ?

Thanks in advance.

Flagon
  • Hello Flagon,

Thank you for your interest in Madasafish Broadband.

If your current contract ends on 22 April, I would recommend signing up for our services (and supplying us with a MAC) on the 13th of April. It will take us 7 working days to switch the services over to us.

The way the migration works is that the two services need to overlap during the time that the switch in service takes place.

I would recommend calling Wanadoo and asking their advice too. Make sure that you ask them:

"If I am migrated to my new provider on 21 April, will I be liable for my invoice on 22 April? Will I be migrated away having fulfilled my contract with you?"

I can't commend on the Wanadoo policy - however we consider the contract to be fulfilled after the 12th invoice has been paid.

Think of it like this you pay for your first month of service up front when you sign up for the service - so you've fulfilled your 12 months at the start of your 12th month of service. I believe that Wanadoo charge for the first month of service up front thus I wouldn't be surprised if this is their policy too. If it isn't, you should query why.

I always recommend that if you've migrated away from a service provider to ensure that you contact them to confirm that you've switched and that your billing has been ceased. If you can, get them to confirm this in writing.

As always, we have a full page that explains migrations here: http://www.madasafish.com/services/broadband/migration.asp.

Please do post again or PM me should you have any further queries and I'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • regvardy
    regvardy Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Carphone warehouse has just rocked the UK Broadband world and is effectively offerring 8mb Broadband with a 40GB!!!! monthly download limit!!! for nothing (allbeit only when taken together with an ultra competitive phone deal).

Now, MADASAFISH(like its competitors), at the least,will have to increase the rather measly MONTHLY DOWNLOAD LIMITS for all its current packages.

Will this increase, as I'm sure there has to be an increase, benefit those already signed up or will it be for brand new customers only?

Sorry, but feel rather deflated. I was waiting for a Broadband price war but gave up one month ago. Looks like one month too early.
  • Hi Regvardy,

Carphone Warehouse has not rocked the UK broadband world - it was a slow news day today and yesterday and the bird flu headlines were tired.

Sorry Carphone Warehouse; but my opinion is that "Free" broadband is only a good deal if you can pull it off and it's not been proven that you can provide the product as you're advertising. Only time will tell and I'm keen to see where you're at in six months. I wish you the best of luck.

Currently, we do not have customer demand to increase the usage on our packages - most of our customers do not exceed the 5GB mark. Our 5GB usage is still more generous than our competitors - and we're still cheaper AND with faster speeds:

Madasafish - 5GB - Up to 8Mb - First Year Cost (CHEAPER): £167.88
    Wanadoo - 2GB - Up to 1Mb - First Year Cost: £179.88
    Pipex - 1GB - Up to 2Mb - First Year Cost £179.88
    BT - 2GB - Up to 2Mb - First Year Cost: £207.88

By the way, about nine months ago we did increase the usage from 2GB a month to 5GB a month on the MAX package and we did this for all existing customers as well as new customers (free of charge and no contractual penalty).

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
    Madasafish Customer Care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business