Madasafish Questions/answers (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• regvardy
    regvardy Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Samara, firstly, I'm not carphone warehouse. I do agree that they may well have their work cut out delivering on their promises, I've seen alot of complaints about talk talk, time will tell.

However, the 40GB download limit their offerring hits the nail on the head regarding content (movies/tv/sport/music...etc) thats already available online. Its a correct download limit when you have 8MB speed

Consider the following:

Once all your customers move to the 8mb download speed, the practicality of downloading this content gets a great deal better (especially movies/sport) say from SKY by Broadband (which I have), or downloading renting/purchasing movies from other numerous sites ie AOL online etc. Think about all those missed BBC soap opera episodes that can and will be downloaded.

The problem: customer gets 8mb speed (yipee!!!), downloads EASTENDERS, movie or match onto laptop (it now only takes 15min for movie, believe me that's alot better than a hour (maybe 5min for EastEnders) but it takes upto 1GB (for movie/match) of my monthly usage. 2 more movies, a few more sport highlights that's 5GB gone.

You know and I know that when the 8MB speed is rolled out, 5GB isn't going to be anywhere near good enough.
  • Hi Regvardy,

I realise that the way I phrased my last post was slightly confusing - please know that my second paragraph was not addressing you as a Carphone Warehouse employee... It was an aside. ;)

In any case, I'm afraid that I disagree with the statement: “You know and I know that when the 8MB speed is rolled out, 5GB isn't going to be anywhere near good enough.”

I don’t think that increase in speed to up to 8Mb is going to change the way that people use the Internet. In the short term; those who use less than 5GB a month will continue to do so even with the faster speeds - they'll have a more enjoyable time online, less waiting.

However, I do think that in the long term when user friendly services are made readily available for downloading TV shows/movies and increase in popularity, we will see an increase in usage. It would be at that time that we review our usage allowance.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • regvardy
    Options
    MADASFISH connection is a bit up and down at moment.

The internet connection is on, but I can only access certain sites, including this one.

BBC site, Hotmail site, MADASAFISH site all unavailable. Its almost as though part of the internet has been switched off.
  • regvardy
    Options
    Disconnected and reconnected, sites are back
  • crichierules
    Options
    I'm having problems with Madasafish connection as well.
    Hopefully Samara or Liam can help me out.
    I switched from Wanadoo and the migration went through yesterday. I had a speedtouch modem connected via usb and everything worked fine. As a quick fix because I needed to get online I just typed my new Madasa username and password into the speedtouch connection page and it worked perfectly yesterday.

Today I un-installed Speedtouch and installed my new Voyager modem but ever since I have had problems. The connection keeps dropping and it seems to be random. I had a lot of trouble getting the voyager set up via voyager.home to the point it worked for about 5 minutes them jammed. I couldn't disconnect from the network and turning off the modem made no difference in that I still had no control over the connection. Restarting my machine caused various problems each time, from freezing on shut down to re starting with a a 'did not shut down properly' message. I un-installed everything, reset the modem and started again. I still have exactly the same problem. The machine is new (2 months) and I had no problems at all with Wanadoo with it. Please reply with some help please.
    Thanks
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Options
    regvardy wrote:
    MADASFISH connection is a bit up and down at moment.

The internet connection is on, but I can only access certain sites, including this one.

BBC site, Hotmail site, MADASAFISH site all unavailable. Its almost as though part of the internet has been switched off.
    I had exactly the same problems. Weird. Some websites fine and others not.
  • steve!_10
    steve!_10 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    regvardy wrote:
    You know and I know that when the 8MB speed is rolled out, 5GB isn't going to be anywhere near good enough for me.
    There. Fixed it for you.

Don't make the mistake of thinking everyone has the same requirements as you. Or that we all watch Eastenders.

Thank you.
  • duncansby
    duncansby Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi - I am in the queue to upgrade to the 8meg connection with madasafish. The bt linechecker indicates that I will probably get a 4.5meg connection. I currently have a speedtouch 330 modem, and was wondering if it was worth upgrading to a new modem or router.

I updated the drivers this morning and carried out the speed test and got my best ever speed of 1.96 on my 2meg connection.

Ps madasafish connections have been a bit wonky since friday - I know they had problems with BT - I also had trouble getting my mail yesterday with POP3 errors (?)
  • Iffy_Wallet
    Iffy_Wallet Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Hi "Samara - Madasafish Customer Care"

I've finally got a proper PC in sight - decent PC with XP due in two weeks time, and I'm contemplating broadband for the first time. Do I need the PC sat in front of me before I can apply for Madasafish? Or can I use my old steam-driven pc to configure the line whilst I'm waiting?

Secondly, I've noticed a very cheap deal on a "Netgear FVM318 ProSafe Wireless VPN Firewall Router" which says it's "broadband-capable". Likewise I also found a "Netgear FR114 Cable/DSL ProSafe Firewall Network Router", that also claims to be broadband enabled. Are they compatable with Madasafish networks?

And thirdly, is it worth taking the free Voyager 210 Router from Madasafish to get up and running on?

(I'll think of some more daft questions later. Sorry - it's my first time for broadband):

* If I have the Netgear kit, or the Voyager kit, do I also need a broadband modem ?
    [ Eat, Drink and be Merry - for tomorrow we get the bill ]
  • Hi crichierules -

I believe that this could be one of two things:

1. A fault with the router.
    2. There is a period after we upgrade you to speeds up to 8Mb where we test to see what is the maximum speed that your line can handle and during this time, you may experience slighty slower speeds then expected, or drop outs. It will take us up to 10 days (sometimes less) to establish what your maximum speed is. If this is the cause of the problem, you should notice an improvement in your connection after midnight on each day.

As you mentioned in your note, your speedtouch modem was working with our connection - which leads me to believe it may be a faulty router. Can you reinstall your old Speedtouch for the time being? If you have got a faulty router we will replace it.

Could you please PM me your username and I can have my tech team investigate- I'll make a point of checking back on MSE today to see if you've sent it to me.

Kind regards,
    Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills