A new start for Mooloo

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Stgruggling to get moving, or motivated today. Its nearly lunch time, and I havent even got dressed!. Terrible. Best make a move, and see if I can do something to turn my mood around. Doesnt help when the weather is oppresive and dark! Definately makes a difference to the way that I feel..
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    DS is outside now, desperate to get the moped on the road!. His CBT test is going to cost £100 if we use thier equipment, and £125 if he used his own. So I will have to check with his father if he is prepared to put the money up, now, or if I have to wait until my Dad's cheque to DS is banked, and cleared.
    I don't have enough funds to pay it myself. ESA had said that they would be paying my next money in on the 4th but it hasnt hit my bank account yet. ? I will check tomorrow and if its not there then I will SHOUT.
    Becuase I wasnot well enough to drive far, I missed my BF this weekend, and it seems like next weekend is going to be a long way away!!
    Tomorrow I have my accupuncture at 8am, so I will have to be up and moving early.
    My Action Plan from the EPP course is to sort out a bag or a box from the move. So after lunch I am going to see if I can clear the one that has ended up in the bathroom????
    Tomorrow I will look at the stuff that ended up in my Mums, as her place is not far from the doctors.
    Then I want to do something with the garden. But I will need DS to help me I think. That is if I can drag him away from admiring his moped!!!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Shaz, I have signed up for the Spending Diary. I think I did once years ago, but never did keep it up.
    I will also try the "box" with the receipts in. See if I can do it at the end of every day.
  • oystercatcher
    oystercatcher Posts: 2,331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just to prepare you , insuring the moped is similar to insuring teenagers in car. It will be £1000 ish even third party fire and theft ! I know as I have two teenage moped drivers!
    Hope DS's Dad is feeling flush!

I think the small task a day is a good idea. Something I may try myself to get through my own clutter.

Keep going Mooloo you are doing a brilliant job under difficult circumstances.
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
  • ellawood
    ellawood Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck and hope your health inproves I read a little of your old thread and you had so much to deal with you need to look after yourself more the family will be fine now You can put your feet up more :D
  • claire1234
    claire1234 Posts: 693 Forumite
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I can make it work on the income coming in now, just. But when DS finishes at school and the benefits for him stop, its going to be megga tight?

hiya,
    just wanted to say good luck with everything

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/TaxCreditsandChildBenefit/Childbenefits/DG_073812

when you son leaves school if he goes to college/furthur education you still get child benefit,
    he might get ema money and i think he can work up to around 20-odd hours and still get the child benefit,

hth
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support.I have been on the internet and the telephone, it looks like I will possibly get the benefits until 31/8/09 then it will be stopped. So I have got to consider down sizing even more, not with the home, as its small, but with the sizes of the things we spend on etc etc etc. So it will give me a little while to get adjusted to living for less.
    DS is doing some gardening for me, and I am going to go and do 30 mins myself. Limit myself as I dont want to over do it.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Well I did do some weeding, but I don't think it was 30 mins worth! Think it was about 15! But its better then nothing.
    I had to get up early today, to go for Accupuncture. I went to see Biggest of Mooloo's after, as she has taken the week off work, to try to sort out her boxes etc that were still at my house and she had to take to her little flat. She cant move for boxes! Bit like the rest of us then.!
    I am manageing my Action Plan, of sorting out at least one bag/box a day, and tomorrow we are going to go to my Mum's and start on the things that were left there.
    I had originally planned to take both the twins and babies to Northampton today, but really dont feel up to it so I cancelled.
    Twin1 has gone to stay at her BF's family with BGP, as she said she was having problems with Twin2's BF coming on to her???? Oh dear, not good.
    Twin2 has also decided to announce that she is expecting again!!! I really can't believe how stupid she can be. Especially if her chap is like that!!! I dispair, but thank god that I am not living under the same roof as them now!!
    I cant imagine her being able to keep this baby? She struggles with BBJ as it is?
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Oh Lord !!!!
    Sorry Mooloo wish I could think of something positive to say about that last bit of news. Have a hug instead.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I have decided that moving here was probably the best thing that I did. As I can be more detatched about what Twin2 is up to.
    I am fairly happy with the relationship between twin1 and her chap, the baby seems to love him, and his family have been good to her too. She seems to want to sort herlife out more than twin2 does.
    I am not sure it is a good idea for twin2 to be having another baby, but I will not influence her either way. I dont want to be the villan of the piece. Personnally my feelings are very mixed. I dont really believe in abortion, but saying that is it fair for her to bring another child into the world, when she has been having problems with the first baby. She is letting his father and his family have him more and more.? What will happen if this fella doesnt stick with her? Oh it just is not worth thinking about. She is 20, nearly 21, and what ever I say or think she will probably do the opposite.
    DS wants me to take him to Towcester to see his mate. So I am off for a quick drive. He will stay the night there, so I will be here on my own again.
    Definitely a very different life now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure