A new start for Mooloo

Options

Comments

• whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mooloo, another reader of your old thread, although I didn't post.

Life sounds as though it is improving for you, with the move to the cottage. At least now, with the two of you, things should be more in control.

Hope you are feeling less woozy.

Love and hugs The Twit :grouphug:
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree with Errata, don't drive if you're not fit. But there's some caffeine in tea!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy new thread Mooloo -bet it seems quiet in the new place ;)
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Never been on my own so much in all my life! Its very strange really. But a nice strange if you get what I mean.
    I had a shower, cup of tea, and after an hour, I was OK. Took it steady, as its country lanes. We got DS's moped in the back of the car. (People carriers do come in handy for other things then just people!) He is now outside looking at it lovingly. Luckily for me, he cant ride it, as it needs a new battery. Still has to do his CBT test first. Hopefully we will get a phone call back about that tomorrow.
    Wanted to get a quote for his insurance but without a CBT certificate we dont seem to be able to. Just hope it doesnt go walk about tonight then.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    shaz_mum_of__2 Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Options
    www.spendingdiary.com/

Not exactly a spreadsheet but a good tool for seeing where the money goes!

if you give all your outgoings a category such as Groceries,Utilities,health,house hold maintainence you can look at the graphs it produces and see where you could possibly cutback . I have a spreadsheet but mainly use it as a forecasting tool

I follow weezls thread and the 4K a year thread but don't stick to it rigidly i pick out the bits that suit me all of weezls recipes are cheap and easy too, and i gues it will take you some time to get used to feeding only 2

Not sure how far away you are from civilisation but a lot of rural areas have farm gate shops where you can buy eggs and veg much cheaper than the shops

If i were you i wouldn't take on too much gardening too soon ,my shoulder(same condition you have ) is giving me a bit of respite at the minute thankfully but i found it frustrating not being able to get out in the garden and lost a few crops because of my health earlier in the year.

Stay positive

Shaz
    Shaz
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    One thing I've found very useful, and it came about by accident, is to throw every single receipt for all the odds and ends stuff into a box. It's automatically in date order, takes up no room and I've been surprised how often I've dived into it to check up on the details of a 'spend' I couldn't remember.

Suggest you park the moped in the kitchen until you've got secure storage for it !
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mooloo
    Just found your new thread, good luck in your new cottage.
    Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Errata wrote: »
    Suggest you park the moped in the kitchen until you've got secure storage for it !
    COVER THE FLOOR FIRST!

Sorry to shout, but a friend has discovered that the reason her landlord didn't allow push bikes in the house is that any trace of oil from the chain 'eats' the lino. Even if you have stone flags, it may eat them too.

Big cardboard boxes opened out might be best: won't scuff up, oil won't leak through etc.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Surfbabe
    Surfbabe Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you are starting to relax a little bit Mooloo = good luck with the moped today - hope you get the test and insurance sorted.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    The moped has a large chain on the back wheel. The battery has gone off to be replaced by twin1's BF, so its sitting outside in the garden on the path!.
    I told him to put it up at the back behind the garage, in the huge bit of garden thats over grown, etc there, and away from the road.
    We are ringing back about the CBT test after 12noon. The insurance will follow when we get the CBT test sorted out. DS's father is going to have to cough up towards it. Not just talk about it. I have nothing left in the emergency funds now.
    But once he does get out on the road I will not have to drive when I am not feeling up to it.
    Think I better start entering competitions that have automatic cars as thier prizes as thats what I really need now. A small automatic, instead of the huge people carrier. (Although I could not have done without it to move us all this past month).
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure