Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    :hello:Hi WillowX
    Welcome to you too!.
    I may very well PM for the spreadsheet, its years since I did any of the Excel type work. But I think tonight, I am going to watch the end of Cracker, on ITV3 and have a can of lager and relax, my neck and arm is telling me that I have had enough for one day.
    Dont want to overdo it, or I will have a bad day tomorrow.!
    Least its Sunday so I dont have to do anything much. Just liase with other grandparents of Grandson, to get him back to his mum. That will be tea time though.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I shall bid all posters, and all lurkers good night.
    I am still feeling much happier here, and even if every penny does count. I know that its better then the part of my life I just left!.
    Night.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    Bookmarking your new thread Mooloo.You remain an inspiration to me!Idon't know how you manage to get so much done,despite your health issues. I am 5 weeks post op now and am still too exhausted to do much-my house is an absolute blessed tip!

Re the DLA-is it worth taking advice and appealing? A high proportion of appeals do suceed and I can't help feeling they expect people to give up easliy so automatically dissalow a proprtion initially-I find it hard to believe you don't have enough care needs to qualify and wonder if you were too optimistic on your form?

I think this cottage seems a great step forward for you and I hope you can have a sustained period of continuity there now.
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
  • moleymoo
    moleymoo Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mooloo - nothing constructive to say really! I'm a long time poster under an AE but have been around for the last 4 years. You've been a complete inspiration to so many including me and I absolutely know that you are going to be fine.

We're all here with you and keep that chin up - you're so good at that it puts the rest of us to shame!

Lots of love

MM xxx
  • Elspeth
    Elspeth Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    Another long time lurker on your last thread popping up to say: "very best wishes in your new home and with your new start." From what I've read of how to cope with everything, you will fine, but you need to remember to put you first now.

Elspeth
  • MrsMW
    MrsMW Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    Another delurker here, I read your last thread but never posted, I so admire the way you cope with everything. Your cottage sounds lovely and I hope you will be very happy there.
    I hope this doesn't count as medical advice, but you seem to have similar ailments to me and I saw that you were having Acupuncture and that you are always tired. I've recently had a long course of this and I couldn't keep awake. My therapist said it is a side effect of the treatment and is good for you. Just rest when you can.
    PM me if you want to chat.
    Good luck to you and your family.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Well I have started my spreadsheet. It is going to be some challenge.
    I can make it work on the income coming in now, just. But when DS finishes at school and the benefits for him stop, its going to be megga tight?
    I just cant see how I am going to manage on £179.60 a fortnight!.??? I know that there are lots of people out there who do, but I think that once my health is on an even keel I must think about what I can do, to work again! Be it for myself or back in the rat race. But I will have to get my health stable first.

Congratulations on the spreadsheet start :T One of the important benefits of doing a spreadsheet is that it's all there in stark black and white and highlights what needs to be concentrated on.
    We're all very good at thinking about our problems, with our minds going round and round them and then round and round a bit more without actually doing a great deal of thinking about how they have to be resolved. Seeing problems and challenges written down is often far more illuminating, can show a pattern, can highlight what has to be the way forward.
    Enjoy your Sunday
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Gosh, so many lurkers, unlurking!! Hadn't really thought about who, and how many people read this/my last thread!I tend to use this as a bit of therapy, like writing a journal, as well as for the advice I get.
    Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. It does help, as I still get moments that I feel I have abandoned the girls somewhat.
    Although they both currently have boyfriends to now help them.
    Twin1 is now engaged, and seems quite happy. Her chap seems to love BGP as well. (And visa verca!).

I have done a daft thing this morning, and taken the wrong tablets, taken the night one instead of the day, and am now pretty woosy!. Hope it wears off soon as I am due to go and get DS's moped at 1pm.
    Think I better ring biggest of Mooloo and see if she is not at work this afternoon and see if she can help me out, just incase!.
    Going to go for a shower then, see if that wakes me up!
    Pity I dont like coffee, or I could have had some caffine!!!
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like you're not fit to drive. Don't risk it.

It will probably be useful if you get a Dosette box from the chemist so you can't mix your pills up and take the wrong ones at the wrong time. Taking the wong one, or taking it twice, is so easily done and a Dosette box will prevent that.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Think its starting to wear off now, but I will ring my daughter and see if she can help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure