CDA Kitchen Appliances

Options
Looking around at new kitchens and I have noticed CDA mentioned a number of times for kitchen appliances.

Has any one had any experince of these as I have never heard of them before?

Thanks

Comments

• cheesesarnie
    cheesesarnie Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi...

I've got the top of the range CDA washer dryer....about 18 months old.

has been replaced 3 times + numerous other call outs...my wife curses the day I ever ordered it...still randomly stops mid cycle

also takes forever to do a normal cycle..

apart from that its great!
  • m4rky
    m4rky Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear... Thanks for the reply...

Could be an unlucky purchase??

Any one else have any feedback?
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    m4rky - I've noticed these appliances and looked for reviews. Take a look here and click on the product number where it shows people have reviewed the item. Also here.

I didn't go for any in the end, I bought Gorenje as most of their appliances have a 5 years parts and labour guarantee/warranty (never can tell the difference!) and I could get them locally at internet prices.
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Got a double oven, hob and hood from them. Hob and hood can't fault. Double oven had two callouts in first year. Still an ongoing problem with part of the timer stuff but don't use the function so not bothered chasing it up.
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Options
    CDA Appliances:

Range cookers are pretty good, the rest of the appliances are not worth bothering with at all, there are better appliance manufacturers which charge similar prices.

I USED to sell CDA appliances, was really glad when we stopped dealing with them...
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• dgroved
    Options
    I purchased 5 applicances (totalling over £1000) from CDA back in March 2011 when i had a new kitchen fitted. 3 Months later the fridge packed up. I rang CDA to be told i would have to wait a week for an engineer to call. He arrived and informed me that the fridge could not be fixed and that i required a new one. Ok so i rang CDA who then informed me that they would have to wait for the engineer to write his report. That took 2 days. Then i still had to call to find out what was going to happen. No one called me. They then inform me that i had to send in a receipt for the proof of purchase, why was i not ask this on my first call. I then had to wait 2 days as they are not open on the weekend to fax the proof to them. Still no one called me even after i asked them too when i faxed the receipt with a covering note. So yet again i called. To be informed that the fridge will be delivered today(12/07/11) but they would not fitting) so i rush home from work at 14.00 hours to then receive a phone call from the courier to say that they were not delivering the fridge for another 2 days. And they are still not fitting. So to conclude my fridge packs up and im left without a fridge for 16 days and i now have to get someone at a cost to me to fit as its an intergrated appliance. Customer Service is non existing at CDA and i do hope my other 4 appliances do not pack up. I would not recommend buying CDA and wouldnt buy them again. I feel i needed to share this just in case anyone was thinking of buying from them.
    One not so happy customer.
  • dgroved
    Options
    I wish i had seen this message before i purchase 5 appliances from them.
  • cheesesarnie
    cheesesarnie Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One of the reasons we moved house in 2009 was to get away from that hopeless washer
  • bmwalker340
    Options
    Bought a CDA fridge about 6 months ago, the retailer went out of business, and one of the hinges has broken. Phone CDA, and it would cost £115.00 to get someone out to fix it because I hadn't registered it. However if I had a proof of purchase, they wouldn't charge me the cost of the hinge, but they would charge £80 to get one of their engineers out to fix. The fridge only cost £155.00 !! After reading reviews on this site, it is most probable that it would not be the only problem with the appliance, so I am taking it to the re-cycling centre and buying a more reliable make.
  • DocLorro
    Options
    Avoid using this company at all costs!! Their customer service department is an absolute joke, they don’t return phone calls and have a couldn’t care less take it or leave it attitude. The quality of their products is abysmal and although they offer a five year parts guarantee if your appliance is more than two years old the guarantee isn’t worth the paper it’s written on - “On the occasion that a product is over two years old and is considered to be beyond repair or uneconomical to repair then we will offer a replacement appliance and charge an appropriate monetary offsetting respect of the period of use already enjoyed”. From personal experience in reality what that really means is they will charge you £89.50 for an engineer to call and after spending few seconds looking at it he will say it’s not repairable and the office will contact you with an offer of a new one but you will have to make a contribution towards its cost. Needless to say the onus is on you to chase them up because they won’t rush to contact you, no doubt they think if they leave you without your appliance for a couple of weeks you will be desperate to accept anything they offer. What a scam! There is lots of other nonsense on their website, clearly either written on April 1st or by Enid Blyton.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback