🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE Parents Club Part 3

Options

Comments

• SeptemberBaby_2
    SeptemberBaby_2 Posts: 3,848 Forumite
    Options
    Well I did it!! I managed to be a responsible career woman for the morning, thank you all for your kind wishes.

This morning was timed to perfection, Benjamin woke at 5.20am as per usual (last feed at 11pm) and fed / doezed with me for an hour before going back into his cot. I got up at 6.30am and got ready, hubby grabbed a shower whilst I had breakfast.

Hubby had to wake Benjamin at 8.30am so he could have a play and wake him properly before MIL arrived at 9am (we didn't want to have both run away when Benjamin woke up!). 2 bottles, 2 1/2 hours sleep and a couple of nappy changes later and I was home for 1.15pm :T

The only learning point of the day was that when wearing Lilypadz for a period of time it is worth taking them off and emptying them BEFORE getting in the car and knocking one off with the seatbelt :rolleyes:

Work was good, I enjoyed it, but my god didI miss my little boy :A

Glad all went well, MFD! :j. Does this mean you are going back to work soon?

PS: did you think you could hear Benjamin cry and also have the feeling you have forgotten something important i.e. baby?! :rotfl:. Or maybe thats just me! :o.

xx
  • SeptemberBaby_2
    SeptemberBaby_2 Posts: 3,848 Forumite
    Options
    cazscoob wrote: »
    SB is Jamie still in the cocoon in his pram? Erin has decided she will not stay in it and i eventually gave in at town today and switched her into the toddler seat in the back? she was much happier this way but im worried she is still too small? she was only in it for around 25 mins. it was quite an ordeal and people were walking past looking as if to say what on earth are you doing lol!

Hi Caz, he's been out the cocoon for a while how as he's so long! He's usually in the seat behind Poppy and appears far happier watching the world go by but we have also layed him in the bit that the cocoon would lay on if he is tired or already asleep.

Is Erin starting to try and sit up herself? Jamie can sit up properly in his bouncy chair and on my lap so I felt confident he would be fine in the pram seat.

PS: did I read that you are emigrating to England?! :D

xx
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options

Is Erin starting to try and sit up herself? Jamie can sit up properly in his bouncy chair and on my lap so I felt confident he would be fine in the pram seat.

PS: did I read that you are emigrating to England?! :D

xx

she sits upright if i am holding her and has very good head controll, was funny as i was thinking of you when i was changing the seats over lol!:rotfl: she wants to see everything goign on and i unzipped the zips so the seat would lie back a little.

and yes it is looking very likely that we are emigrating to England lol:T We are waiting on OH getting interview dates and once we have a job secure we will be house hunting, so might need some help/advise ladies:rotfl:
    What's for you won't go past you
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    MFD well done on being a real grown up for the day lol! as Sb said were you not looking about as if you had lost something/one lol!
    What's for you won't go past you
  • My_Fathers_Daughter
    Options
    My boobs definitely knew I had lost someone! Thankfully I was too busy to miss him too much but as soon as my meeting was over I was desperate to leave....sounds silly but I missed his milky smelling breath!

That's probably because he likes to suck my nose and face when I am cuddling him :rotfl:
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    3, I lost my job when I was pregnant but all the way through assumed I would get another one once the baby was born... I just couldn't do it though, even when I got offered jobs I found some reason to turn them down... In the end it just came down to learning how to live on a smaller budget and that's what I did... Have you tried messing about with figures on entitleto.com?

((Hugs)) feelie
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    Feelie - (and ur OH) Please don't make any final decisions right now, you've been through so much lately I'm sure that neither of you will be in the right 'place' to make such a big life changing decision. If you speak to ur HV she should be able to refer you both for counseling (they do this around here when mum has severe PND so I'm sure you could get something in ur area)
    I really hope you sort this out xxx
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    3 - The decision was partly made for me, I was going to go back but when I had meetings with work it became obvious that they were struggling and didn't have enough work for me unless I moved to sales instead of admin (something I really wasn't interested in and they would expect me to work late at the drop of a hat :rolleyes:) I looked for other jobs and got offered a few but there was a problem with all of them - working evenings/saturdays, not paying enough to cover childcare etc
    I sat down with OH and we did our sums and decided it was best for me to stay at home - I've never regretted it at all.
    I did have a temporary pt job back in april last year which was working for a friend so they let me pick my hours which I really enjoyed and Chris had a fab time with the childminder I used.
    I have realised that I couldn't leave my babies to go to work tho, I only felt happy to work once Chris was past one and more of a boy than a baby IYSWIM but that is obviously a personal thing for me :)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Firstly Huge hugs to Feelie, I didn't realise things were going so badly between your and your hubby, i'm so sorry. Maybe things will work out betwen you both once you have both had some space?

MFD - I am glad it went ok today, I don't know what job you do but it all sounds very interesting:)

3 - I don't really have any advice for you, but I know if I had the option to not return to work I wouldn't....at least not for a couple of years. I am due to return in October, I'm allowed to take time off until January, but really can't afford to take the last 3mths which are unpaid. I would actually love to try and change my job by then anyway (well I can live in hope:D)

Mel x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    Options
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Feelie - (and ur OH) Please don't make any final decisions right now, you've been through so much lately I'm sure that neither of you will be in the right 'place' to make such a big life changing decision. If you speak to ur HV she should be able to refer you both for counseling (they do this around here when mum has severe PND so I'm sure you could get something in ur area)
    I really hope you sort this out xxx

I'm on the waiting list for Pyscotherapy, which is 9 months long. I could have 'Family Therapy' in the mean time, there is no wait, but OH won't agree to it. Won't agree to counselling with relate either, with me or without me. He won't talk to anyone, barely says a word to me.

I'm very sad, but I suppose I just want it all over and done with. I don't know how much longer I can sit on my own downstairs, being completely ignored. I think I'd rather be on my own than go through this.
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport