Fresh start....

Options

Comments

• shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Karen well done on all your progress - keep going - I'm sure you can clear your debts and have the family you want. What an incentive to spend no money - a nice cute baby...

(....ps I hope I haven't said the wrong thing:o)

Good Luck
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • babyhead
    babyhead Posts: 731 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Karen

You seem to be organised enough! Having a baby is definately a brilliant incentive. When we decided to have a baby we were about 5k in debt...and now for many reasons 3 years later we are about 30k!!! Things never go to plan so it is good to deal with as much as can before you make any drastic changes (like having a baby) IYSWIM.

I find my DS all the inspiration I need to get us out of debt!!

Keep going as you are making good progress
    DFW Nerd #1152
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HI Karen - just popping in. Hope you've had a better day today. Keep focused on debt busting but try to appreciate what's around you as well and make sure you have fun along the way!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.6K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    Just popping in too to see how you are feeling today :o

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • The_Golden_Goose
    Options
    Hello K_30!

How are you today??

I met up with some friends today, who have children, boy does it make me broo-ooooo-oooooo-ooooo-dy.

Have not confided in them about financials, feel like a failure or lesser person for admitting how much money I owe. Debt remains a big secret. Hard to not tell them why I know its never a good time to have a baby, they have no idea, why now would be a quadrupley bad time. We could end up bankrupt if we had a family now......

Sure that you and I are not the only ones in this boat.

Hope you are ok.
    ** Proud to be dealing with my debts **
    LBM - Jan 2009 _pale_ : £24,802.21 :eek:
    February 2010 :silenced: : £18,078.47 (not including OD)
    July 2010 :( = £16,819.34 (not including OD)
    January 2012 :mad: = £14,338.75 (not including OD)
  • Karen_30
    Karen_30 Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all you lovely guys :A

Just popping in to say a quick hello and a BIG thank you for all your posts. Sorry not been on much but been in the office in London :mad:.....so so tired and didn't get home until gone 10pm last night.....i'm pooped!

Working from home today so hope to catch up with you all a bit later.

Take care,

K x
  • Karen_30
    Options
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    Karen well done on all your progress - keep going - I'm sure you can clear your debts and have the family you want. What an incentive to spend no money - a nice cute baby...

(....ps I hope I haven't said the wrong thing:o)

Good Luck

Hi shaggydoo,

thanks for posting....you didn't say the wrong thing ;) Thinking of the things I want in the future is def a great incentive!!! xx
  • Karen_30
    Options
    babyhead wrote: »
    Hi Karen

You seem to be organised enough! Having a baby is definately a brilliant incentive. When we decided to have a baby we were about 5k in debt...and now for many reasons 3 years later we are about 30k!!! Things never go to plan so it is good to deal with as much as can before you make any drastic changes (like having a baby) IYSWIM.

I find my DS all the inspiration I need to get us out of debt!!

Keep going as you are making good progress

Hi Babyhead, hope you are well. I'm getting there with the organisations....all be it slowly :rolleyes: It's so nice to hear others experiences as it makes me realise I am not the only one and that others situations change all the time. I'm def doing it the sensible way and do know deep down I have enough time but it doesn't stop the feelings unfortunately....who invented emotions anyway :rotfl:
  • Karen_30
    Options
    HI Karen - just popping in. Hope you've had a better day today. Keep focused on debt busting but try to appreciate what's around you as well and make sure you have fun along the way!

You always make me see things so clearly....thank you :A Yesterday was better but only because I was consumed with trains, tubes, buses oh and human traffic like you wouldn't beleive!!! I am sure the whole country went to London!!!:rotfl:
  • Karen_30
    Options
    jtr2803 wrote: »
    Just popping in too to see how you are feeling today :o

Thanks for popping by, all you guys are lovely! Feeling much better, just talking to everyone here makes me see sense. Will pop by and say hi on your diary later x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure