🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Fresh start....

Options

Comments

• Swinstie73
    Swinstie73 Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2009 at 12:54PM
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Found your diary from seeing your name on savingholmes - I'm with you and the others that she is a great inspiration. Well done on your fresh start, gonna have a wee read at your last diary tho - I am so nosy and these diaries are so addictive.

Good luck x
  • Karen_30
    Karen_30 Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon,

What a horrible day today, I don't think it has stopped raining since I woke up.

SH - that's fab on the balance left over in bank. It's amazing what cutting back and looking at things in more detail can do. I do find your diary a real help....:A

Swinstie73 - thanks for popping in :hello: My old diary wasn't too interesting. I just felt like starting over. Almost like my second LBM....some say it happens :confused:

Feeling very positive today, all is good. Managed the healthy eating so far...

Porridge for breakfast
    Lunch - one slice of wholegrain bread topped with scrambled egg (1) mixed with chopped chilli and spring onion...yummy :D

Now just need to up the fruit and veg so going to have a pear as snack this afternoon and dinner will be fish and veg or salad. Then I have to go for a run....oh I hate exercise!!!

Must get back to work.....i'm so naugty but can't stay away from this place at the mo :rotfl:
  • angie_baby
    angie_baby Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Karen_30 wrote: »
    Must get back to work.....i'm so naugty but can't stay away from this place at the mo :rotfl:

Same here Karen :o I think im addicted to MSE :eek:
  • Karen_30
    Options
    angie_baby wrote: »
    Same here Karen :o I think im addicted to MSE :eek:

But better to be on here all the time than spending money don't you think :confused: I find regularly catching up with everyone here far more fun than spending money and feeling bad after .....well that's my excuse anyway!;)

Do you think employers would see it as a sort of necessary therapy that is required for those in debt....:rotfl:
  • Karen_30
    Options
    Yey, the weekend has begun :j

Feels kind of strange finishing work and stepping out of the spare room and into the living room.....very strange. I almost don't know what to do with myeslf :confused:

Mind you, not complaining as it beats buses, tubes and trains....oh and walking just to get home!!!

Hope everyone has had good Friday and have lots to do at the weekend. Not sure what i'm up to yet....relaxing ;)
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Swistie - thanks for the kind words

Karen - glad your week has finally ended. It must be nice to have a break - and no commute - fab too! Hope you have a great weekend even if it is lolling around - we all need that sometimes!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.4K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Karen_30
    Options
    Thanks SH - I am lolling around now after a morning of cleaning. I swear this site is SO motivational in all aspects of life :T

So plans for the rest of the weekend...sort the room of doom ....spare room. It's where everything that doesn't have a place goes too and it's multiplying by the minute :eek: This will become my office space so we really need to get on and start sorting as I am hoping it will be a perm place of work in the coming months.

I'm thinking nice desk, lovely plants - a real haven...all done on the cheap of course ;)

This afternoon I am just chilling chatting to you guys whilst OH plays on his wii....then we're off for an early dinner with OH's parents later....free food :D I love his mums cooking. Should be another NSD for me too :T

Right off to surf and lurk this site.....have a good weekend all.

K x
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope the free food is good.

If you are going to work from home you do need a nice clutter free space to work in - I find it can be motivational then... I've got a desk for sale LOL! Seriously it is in my shed - I've been waiting for my OH to list it since about last September! I am sure that is really adding to its value!!!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.4K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Karen_30
    Options
    Afternoon,

What a lovely sunny sunday :D and my weekend is extended as it's my normal Monday off. I work compressed hours so do nine day fortnights and get every other Monday off. Obviously have to work 10 days hours over 9 days, so longer days, but it's great knowing that I have every other Monday off!

Tomorrow is a visit back to home town to spend a lovely day with friend as it's her birthday.

Haven't got around to doing any more tidying....oops! I might tackle the spare room tonight or tomorrow evening when OH home so he can help. We're off to visit friends this evening as just had their first little one.....I want one!!!!

SH, thanks for the offer re desk but I think work will eventually supply one for me if it does become perm :rolleyes:

Bonus weekend, my lovely Dad transferred £50 for me to get some new underwear. Weird I know but I was moaning that I needed some when he took me out shopping Easter weekend but didn't really want to drag him around underwear sections....he struggled coming in and out of normal girly shops :rotfl: So, today I woke up to a nice text saying transferred 50 to your account, go buy some underwear that you needed.....bless him :A So, I managed to get a nice fitting in Deb... a lovely girl was really helpful. Unfortunately have am rather large in the chest area (all natural ;)) but with a size 10/12 frame....I find it REALLY annoying :mad: Got a bargain today, great fitting service, 20% off styles I was buying and on top of that for today only a free little goodie bag full of purfume samples, clarins minis etc....woo hoo :j Thank you Daddy :A

Also managed to pick up bday presents for friends a nice bracelet and neclace....silver for just over £20 so very pleased with that :T

I even resisted the temptations of buying anything else for myself, something I am not so good at. I was SO happy with my underwear sets that I didn't feel the need.

Right, so need to get back on to the money saving, making and lifestyle changes.......off to read some lovely motivational diaries.

K x
  • Karen_30
    Options
    I've decided to set myself weekly goals each week on a Sunday and then will report back through week and again at the weekend.....

So.....here's this weeks goals......
    1. 4 no spend days.
    2. All meals to be eaten at home.
    3. 3 sessions of exercise, toning and aerobic.
    4. Write letters to all creditors to get up to date balances (for those I don't have regular statements) to motivate myself seeing debts coming down.
    5. Write letters to creditors to claim back charges, didn't do this before as worried that might upset DMP. Now I don't care, if I am entitled I will claim them :p
    6. Write to Halifax CC as the lovely (not!) people have decided to start charging interest. Spoke directly to them and they said they could not stop interest again (i'm not convinced!) but did say to ask Payplan to negotiate reduced rate of interest....I will write directly to them too as Payplan so busy of late no replies for days to anything I send, email or phone :mad:
    7. Re-look at monthly budget.
    8. Chase up Vodafone as requested that insurance be removed...yet to have a reply :mad:
    9. Have a look at flylady thread so many people mentioned, see if I can't turn me into a true domestic godess :rotfl:
    10. Working from home most days, need to get up at least an hour before I start instead of 10mins so I can feel like a human being, get dressed, eat etc before starting the day :o
    Well think that's a long enough list to be getting on with!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport