Fresh start....

Options
I've decide to start a fresher diary (Fresh start) as my old one was pretty much useless and I made myself feel useless.....so here's to my fresh start :D

Have a busy time ahead and some decisions, working out to be done over the next few months. I've been told that I (potentially fingers crossed!!) could be working from home on a more permanant basis and only have to commute to London once or twice a month :j However, this is not set in stone/agreed yet but it does give me something to think about as means I wouldn't have £400 per month commuting costs.

Therefore, I need to reconsider my situation and figures - see if I am still in need of the dmp or whether or not I should come off it and maintain things myself.

Like I say nothing is set in stone yet and most def won't be making any decisions until a few months into perm working from home as they say only once or twice a month into the office but then it may end up 3 or 4 a month and would cost a bit.

I'm excited at the prospect but for now I am to continue as I am, working hard, cutting back, saving the pennies!

So back to current situation - I need to get more organised as have been lazy of late. So today I have...
  • done 3 loads of washing and now drying on airers.
  • checked my online banking
  • loaded dishwasher
  • done a days work (from home)
  • written food shopping list
  • called up some creditors for up to date balances
Not loads but still all helps. I need to get super organised and try not to get too excited about working from home perm...it may not happen :rolleyes:

I'm enjoying this fresh start :rotfl:

Comments

• angie_baby
    angie_baby Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No advice really, just wanted to wish you good luck on your fresh start and diary.

Best of Luck

Angie x
  • Karen_30
    Karen_30 Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Angie - going to need it!

Ok steps taken already - just to remind myself ;)
    • Joined free daily scratch cards
    • Joined survey sites
    • Opened online savings account
    • Cashback sites
    • Checking online banking every day (not that there's much going on:p)
    • Shopping with a list
    • Using vouchers
    That's about all I can think of at the mo. I know there is more but my brain isn't working at the moment!
  • Karen_30
    Options
    Just been sat here lurking on everyone else's diaries....I love reading others success and ideas. I find it very motivating - thank you :T

It just dawned on me that it's my payday tomorrow and I still have £20 odd left in my bank account, get me :T Very rare occurance, especially seen as we have just had a long weekend. Also this month should be good as I put in overtime and think that we have a small bit of back pay being awarded :j

I'll pop a little budget, finance sorting post tomorrow to keep me on track and start a plan of action.

Might pop out for a nice walk given the lovely sunny day :D
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    good luck with the fresh start diary
    spotted you on Savingholmes diary , I will try and keep looking every so often. Saving holmes is a good diary for inspiration she has amazing motivation and drive, I could do with a bit of it lol
    anyway Karen good luck
    cas x
  • Karen_30
    Options
    Thanks cas - you're def right with Savingholmes...she's amazing and always in such high spirts. A great inspiration :A

I'm feeling much more positive about things this time round, don't know why as pretty useless with my old diary.
  • Karen_30
    Options
    Plans for tomorrow...........
    • Check online banking.
    • Work out budget, savings etc (payday!)
    • Pack away washing that is currently drying
    • Continue with shopping list ready for visit to supermarket
    • Work 4 hours overtime tomorrow evening
    Think that's it for now..........
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Karen_30 wrote: »
    I'm feeling much more positive about things this time round, don't know why as pretty useless with my old diary.

glad you are feeling positive , forget about your old diary, this is your new start right here, enjoy it x
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya
    Good luck, you in the right place here for lots of support and advice. Only problem is, it's sooooooooo addictive on here! LOL
    Good luck
    P
    x
  • Karen_30
    Options
    Primula wrote: »
    Hiya
    Good luck, you in the right place here for lots of support and advice. Only problem is, it's sooooooooo addictive on here! LOL
    Good luck
    P
    x

You're right it's most def is addictive! I'm really hoping that I pick up the tips though and it makes a difference.
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    goodluck.gif on your fresh start :D
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure